2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For anyone who attended an info session, did you get a reply after you sent an RSVP email? Not sure if i should follow up as I never received a reply
what are these info sessions?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone! We’re the Student Recruitment Coordinators at Sidney Kimmel Medical College and we wanted to let you know that we will be hosting virtual information sessions throughout the fall for people interested in learning more about SKMC. The sessions will include a brief presentation about the admissions process, followed by a student panel where you’ll get a chance to ask any questions you may have about student life at SKMC.

The information sessions will be held via zoom on the following dates:

1. Friday, January 29th, 3-5 pm
  2. Saturday, February 27th, 11 am-1 pm
  3. Saturday, April 10th, 11 am-1 pm

If you are interested in attending, please kindly RSVP with your name and email address to [email protected]. A link to the zoom meeting will be provided upon confirmation of your registration.

PLEASE NOTE: these information sessions are student-run and are purely informational. They will have no bearing on any admissions decision for applicants. They are an opportunity for you to get to know SKMC better!

Thank you for your interest in SKMC, we look forward to meeting you on zoom!
@MongutheDoggy

Members don't see this ad :)
In regards to sending updates, how far apart should they be? I sent an update 2 weeks ago and Dr. Callahan replied but still no II. I was thinking about sending a letter of interest in mid February bc SKMC is my top choice as my parents live in Philly. Is that too much lol?

Reactions: 1 user
In regards to sending updates, how far apart should they be? I sent an update 2 weeks ago and Dr. Callahan replied but still no II. I was thinking about sending a letter of interest in mid February bc SKMC is my top choice as my parents live in Philly. Is that too much lol?

I would say that sending an update after 2 weeks is excessive.

Reactions: 1 users
I was also HPWL-ed this week + declined the spot. Interview day wasn't really my vibe. But Jefferson is a great school so best of luck to you all!

I had sent basically this LOI and I got an interview invite the next day, so go for it!
I just emailed it to SKMC Admissions, should I have CC'ed Dr. Callahan?

Does anyone else remember people saying during interview day that you should reach out to the admissions committee if you haven't heard anything in a few weeks?

Does anyone else remember people saying during interview day that you should reach out to the admissions committee if you haven't heard anything in a few weeks?
On my interview day the said do that after six weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the A around 3 PM today! Interviewed on 1/20. My first A after two cycles :’)

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 27 users
Is the Tuesday evening pre interview meet up mandatory? I’m on the west coast so that happens to be during work hours and I could only get one day off. I WFH so thinking I could possibly just attend if I don’t have any meetings but how bad would it be to no show?? :/

Does anyone know if HPWL movement happens after they interview everyone or can you be accepted at any time?

Is the Tuesday evening pre interview meet up mandatory? I’m on the west coast so that happens to be during work hours and I could only get one day off. I WFH so thinking I could possibly just attend if I don’t have any meetings but how bad would it be to no show?? :/
The Tuesday evening pre-interview check-in is optional! The information Session, and both of your interviews are the only 3 mandatory sessions that you have to attend on Wednesday. Best of luck!!!

Hi everyone, would someone mind posting Dr. C's email? Want to send an update!

Is this CCing of Dr. Callahan something that was given in directions for submitting updates?
Its something that she mentioned to students who attended the information sessions / open houses. It started off as a way for students who attended the sessions and who demonstrated interest by attending could get the attention of the adcom by sending Dr C and email, and then SDN got wind of her email and now everybody seems to do it. I feel like the fact that every body does it now kind of makes it pointless to do, but I still do it anyway!

Does anyone know how long they are interviewing until? Totally love this school but I’ve been complete since august, sent in a few updates, and haven’t heard anything. I know there have been a few R waves but it also seems like it’s nearing the end of interview szn so not sure if the silence is good or bad!

Reactions: 8 users
Does anyone know how long they are interviewing until? Totally love this school but I’ve been complete since august, sent in a few updates, and haven’t heard anything. I know there have been a few R waves but it also seems like it’s nearing the end of interview szn so not sure if the silence is good or bad!

Same boat, complete since July. Who knows anymore

Reactions: 4 users
At one of the info sessions I attended, Dr. Bonnie Emilius said that they are interviewing until the end of March!!! There is hope!

Reactions: 6 users
Can anyone speak about the interview experience here? Was it faculty or mix with students? Conversational?

Can anyone speak about the interview experience here? Was it faculty or mix with students? Conversational?
My interview experience was very chill. The student interview is blind, and for me it really just felt like they were trying to get to know me as a potential classmate. There was only one real question they asked and the rest was conversational with time for my own questions. For faculty, it was open file and my interviewer knew my app very well. They asked me to elaborate specifically on the experiences they found most interesting, including my research findings. I was asked a few traditional questions but they gave me a lot of positive reinforcement throughout. As cliché as it sounds, I really felt appreciated and encouraged as a candidate the entire time. Hmu if you have more specific questions!

My interview experience was very chill. The student interview is blind, and for me it really just felt like they were trying to get to know me as a potential classmate. There was only one real question they asked and the rest was conversational with time for my own questions. For faculty, it was open file and my interviewer knew my app very well. They asked me to elaborate specifically on the experiences they found most interesting, including my research findings. I was asked a few traditional questions but they gave me a lot of positive reinforcement throughout. As cliché as it sounds, I really felt appreciated and encouraged as a candidate the entire time. Hmu if you have more specific questions!
This was my experience as well.

Anyone complete around September and not heard back yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Got the call a little bit ago!! Interviewed 1/20

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Just got placed on the HPWL! Anyone know how the movement is/ do they expect a lot of love in the form of LOI's lol

• Care