2020-2021 Jefferson (Kimmel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have people who were accepted recently paid their deposit yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just remembered SDN was a thing, current first year here happy to answer any questions about the school or Philly in general!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
just remembered SDN was a thing, current first year here happy to answer any questions about the school or Philly in general!
Can you talk at all about movement on HPWL? When people can expect to start hearing and how many people get accepted from the HPWL list? Thanks!

Can you talk at all about movement on HPWL? When people can expect to start hearing and how many people get accepted from the HPWL list? Thanks!
I was fortunate enough to get accepted off the bat, but given that Jeff has one of the highest numbers of applicants, we also give out a lot of acceptances knowing people will ultimately pick another school (can't imagine why!). Honestly can't say how the school has been handling covid-influenced decisions (more people applying than ever before, more people accepting IIs since it is no cost, etc), but I imagine most movement will be happening after the cut-off AAMC put out for reducing held acceptances. Historically we have lots of movement and yes, we do love update letters and LOIs.

Reactions: 3 users
I know they say 1-6 weeks to hear a decision, but has anyone heard back after 1 week? I am so anxious to know since Jefferson is my top choice now.

I know they say 1-6 weeks to hear a decision, but has anyone heard back after 1 week? I am so anxious to know since Jefferson is my top choice now.
I heard back after 3 weeks and believe the vast majority hear 3-5 after interview!

Good luck to you! Could you share your stats and if you are IS or OS?
Thank you! I'm in state in Pennsylvania. SKMC is a private college, but I believe SKMC is the state school for Delaware residents. They reserve 20 seats for Delaware residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when the interview season concludes?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know about the dress code for those zooms they're hosting for accepted students, like the ODII panel they're holding tomorrow?

Does anyone know about the dress code for those zooms they're hosting for accepted students, like the ODII panel they're holding tomorrow?
I don't, because I'm admitted and I don't know of any panels for accepted students lol.

I think it may be for URM/LGBTQ admitted students only, as it's hosted by the Office of Diversity and Inclusion?
This is for admitted students? Or pre-interview? I had one of those for pre-interview, but I didn't receive any notice about an accepted students thing.

II just now! Beyond excited 😀

Complete in early September, IS, ORM. Sent an update letter 2 days ago!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
II just now as well. So grateful! OOS. Complete in July.

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
High priority WL. Oh well. It was the nicest app email ive gotten though 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Care
i must ask.. do we think they're done sending II?

edit: they sent out interviews two days ago so I'm going to hold this question for next week 😭

Got the call earlier today around 3pm! Interviewed 2/10, LM 69, ORM. Best of luck to those still waiting to hear back!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Do you guys know how deep into interview invites Jefferson is atm?

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys! Just submitted my enrollment deposit today. Does anyone know how I can access this banner financial aid portal people are talking about? I need to get a key first or something, correct? How long after enrollment deposit submission does that come out?

It’s just hard to keep track at this point but does Kimmel send pre II rejects? Sorry if this was asked

It’s just hard to keep track at this point but does Kimmel send pre II rejects? Sorry if this was asked
Yes, they do. You can scroll through the older pages here to see them. Not sure how often they're sent out.

Hey guys! Just submitted my enrollment deposit today. Does anyone know how I can access this banner financial aid portal people are talking about? I need to get a key first or something, correct? How long after enrollment deposit submission does that come out?
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the financial aid portal is in that same banner web system where you paid your deposit.
2 days after Dr. Callahan's call I got 2 emails from skmc: one "Instructions for Submitting Deposit...." which included the link to the banner and my banner ID, and another one that has the PIN (password).
For recently accepted applicants, where do we submit the deposit? Also, where do we find the campus code to register for 2nd look?
Then 6 days later I got an email from bannerwebadmin that included my campus key.

I hope this helped. And also you guys can always email Jefferson's IT or call them directly for help 215-955-7975. They're pretty responsive to inquiries!

Anyone else deliberating between Jeff and their state school? Jeff's tuition is just ridiculously high.

For those who've sent updates, does the admissions office/Dr. Callahan send a confirmation email or is their confirmation just the communication status update in our portals? This is a pre-II update letter also since being complete 09/02 and not heard anything back so I'm shooting my shot lol

(3.7 GPA, 507 MCAT, ORM, OOS first-time applicant)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the financial aid portal is in that same banner web system where you paid your deposit.
2 days after Dr. Callahan's call I got 2 emails from skmc: one "Instructions for Submitting Deposit...." which included the link to the banner and my banner ID, and another one that has the PIN (password).

Then 6 days later I got an email from bannerwebadmin that included my campus key.

I hope this helped. And also you guys can always email Jefferson's IT or call them directly for help 215-955-7975. They're pretty responsive to inquiries!
Thanks so much!!

hey guys
seems like they still have couple of IIs left to send--do you think they will still be considering anyone from earlier in the cycle (secondary submitted in July)?
also, is there anyone here that's international that was able to get an interview here?

Reactions: 5 users
hey guys
seems like they still have couple of IIs left to send--do you think they will still be considering anyone from earlier in the cycle (secondary submitted in July)?
also, is there anyone here that's international that was able to get an interview here?
I’m a non-Canadian international applicant and was accepted!

Anyone else deliberating between Jeff and their state school? Jeff's tuition is just ridiculously high.
Yeah I think deciding between two schools I like at this point is gonna come down to money.

hey guys
At this point in the cycle, they have to have gone through the list multiple times. I would imagine that they are not really looking at the specific times of submission at this point.

Attention, my fellow WL warriors -- I started a SKMC WL thread where we can learn more about our chances.

Hi! Could any current SKMC students comment on the merit-based scholarships offered to M3s and M4s? How many are awarded / what is the criteria? And do you have to submit the FAFSA before you enter as an M1 or can you fill it out at some point while in medical school? Thanks!

Congrats!!! I am also a non-Canadian international student. Would you mind sharing your stat?

I’m thinking of reapplying for 2022 cycle and will take an extra gap year to improve my profile. My current stat is MCAT 514, GPA 3.79, I have clinical and research experience, but no publication (yet, hopefully this year) or shadowing experience. I’d greatly appreciate your advice!
PM’ed you!

Got an A call earlier today! Interviewed 2/24. Non-Canadian international student.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users