2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted my app but there's nowhere for me to see if they have my letters?
chalk it up to their absolutely awful user interface. looks like it came straight from the windows 98 era

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Yeah, this is quite the website....

Secondary received OOS, transmitted 07/10 received 07/23

Members don't see this ad :)
If you received AP Credit at your high school, do you put your high school under "Academic Data?" I was trying to input my high school because it says "any institution where you received credit" but I can't seem to find the School Code since the directory seems to be made of only colleges and not high schools (at least for me, I'm OOS). Any help would be appreciated!

How do you view your application after it is submitted? I've tried different websites that they offered but cannot access it. I want to upload a document...

to add an additional upload you email them, it says on vitals. On a different note anyone know if they have any other status than “complete”? Wondering if it’ll change to under review at any point

to add an additional upload you email them, it says on vitals. On a different note anyone know if they have any other status than “complete”? Wondering if it’ll change to under review at any point
Did you get a vitals login already?

Yea I got it this morning after receiving an email yesterday that my application was received and I would get a vitals email soon
Damn, I submitted like 1.5 weeks ago and all I got was an email to set up an account for my.osu.edu. I emailed admissions asking how I can check my app status a few days ago, and they said to use vitals but are backed up with setting up vitals accounts because of the amount of applications.

Do you mind me asking when you submitted?

Damn, I submitted like 1.5 weeks ago and all I got was an email to set up an account for my.osu.edu. I emailed admissions asking how I can check my app status a few days ago, and they said to use vitals but are backed up with setting up vitals accounts because of the amount of applications.

Do you mind me asking when you submitted?
I submitted Thursday 7/23. For some weird reason I don’t think I got an email to set up an account for my.osu.edu it just skipped straight to sending me a vitals account to set up

edit: got an email to set up my osu account now lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
is anyone else having trouble activating their OSU username? I followed the email's instructions but I haven't received my verification code yet and it's been over 1 day. I've tried requesting the code several times and tried both an email and text message delivery.

is anyone else having trouble activating their OSU username? I followed the email's instructions but I haven't received my verification code yet and it's been over 1 day. I've tried requesting the code several times and tried both an email and text message delivery.

Maybe try calling the IT number? I got mine within a few minutes via email of requesting the activation code

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received a complete email and said my vitals email will be coming in the next three business days

If you received AP Credit at your high school, do you put your high school under "Academic Data?" I was trying to input my high school because it says "any institution where you received credit" but I can't seem to find the School Code since the directory seems to be made of only colleges and not high schools (at least for me, I'm OOS). Any help would be appreciated!

Put it in as the college where you used the credit!

I just looked at their secondary and noticed the part where they ask re-applicants to enter the name of every school they previously applied to...does anyone know- is this for re-applicants in general or re-applicants specific to Ohio? I haven't applied here before, but I did apply elsewhere in a previous cycle. I'm surprised to see them ask for this!

I just looked at their secondary and noticed the part where they ask re-applicants to enter the name of every school they previously applied to...does anyone know- is this for re-applicants in general or re-applicants specific to Ohio? I haven't applied here before, but I did apply elsewhere in a previous cycle. I'm surprised to see them ask for this!
I asked my advisor about this because i'm a third time applicant, but had never applied to OSU, and i'm not from Ohio. She said I should list all MD and DO schools I've ever fully completed an application to (didn't include schools where I submitted a primary but not a secondary).

I asked my advisor about this because i'm a third time applicant, but had never applied to OSU, and i'm not from Ohio. She said I should list all MD and DO schools I've ever fully completed an application to (didn't include schools where I submitted a primary but not a secondary).

Oh wow! Well I think it said that they only had 25 slots so unless you applied to more than that you would only have to do up to 25. I'm intrigued as to why they include this. This is gonna make not getting off the waitlists sting a bit more when I have to write it out lol. Thanks for your response :)

This school asking about ties to Ohio on literally every page is not confidence inspiring as an OOS....

Reactions: 1 users
This school asking about ties to Ohio on literally every page is not confidence inspiring as an OOS....

If it makes you feel any better, 97/207 in our class came from out of state! OSU is one of the most OOS friendly schools out there, despite how the questions make it seem

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
anyone else can't access their secondary application after submitting it? vitals is saying my application is completed, and there's nothing on the original application portal anymore. just wondering if this is normal.

Any MD/PhDs on here? On the MD/PhD website, it says you have to submit an additional personal statement for a PhD department and send transcripts both over email, but I haven't received an email about it or heard anything else about this. Did you submit these?

Just submitted with the wrong formatting for the essays... I use Mac so I thought the Notes app on the Mac would be the substitute for the Notepad on Windows, but of course it's not. It's so not fair because when you initially copy and paste, everything looks fine. It's until after you submit you notice that the (') turned into (?)

Omg same thing happened here. But strangely, only to a few of my apostrophes were changed to ? , not all of them. What is wrong with their site. Do you think they will hold it against us

anyone else can't access their secondary application after submitting it? vitals is saying my application is completed, and there's nothing on the original application portal anymore. just wondering if this is normal.
Yeah I’m having the same issue. The space for applications is just blank and I can’t find anywhere to look at my status

submitted mid July and still haven't been given login info for vitals yet to be able to check on my application status... sent an email to adcom last week, still no response. this is pretty frustrating

Is there a max # of letters we should send them? On their website they just mention 2 academic letters and that they encourage additional letters from people who know you outside of the classroom (supervisors, managers etc...).

Anyone having trouble making an OSU account and not getting an activation code?

For those of you who have AMCAS FAP, did you guys email admissions a screenshot of your waiver to "provide additional documentation"?

I'm over this school tbh. First it was their archaic interface, now they want me to make an account, and the homie @jcdnak can't even get his FAP in.

Reactions: 2 users
For those of you who have AMCAS FAP, did you guys email admissions a screenshot of your waiver to "provide additional documentation"?

Yeah, someone from admissions emailed me directly and asked for it. I just sent them a screenshot of it and the email from AAMC.

I'm over this school tbh. First it was their archaic interface, now they want me to make an account, and the homie @jcdnak can't even get his FAP in.

hahaha good looks commyø. I think they said in the app itself that they'll reach out to me in a couple days. I've just emailed them a screenshot for now.

I saw on the interview tracker that someone received an II from OSU.. does anyone know if they started sending them out in waves? or was that for a specific program

• Wow
oof didn't need to see that today lmfao, they are extremely high stat though so

I saw on the interview tracker that someone received an II from OSU.. does anyone know if they started sending them out in waves? or was that for a specific program
Where can I find the interview tracker?

“Thedataking” is the creator and he has a link posted to it in the discussions section of SDN. It’s under “2020-2021 official interview tracker”

Does anyone know exactly what they are asking for by improving medical education? Are they asking how we would improve medical education for future physicians or for communities? or am I missing the point entirely

I feel like there would be more activity on this thread if there were more II's being sent out but it seems way too quite so not quite sure what to make of it.

OSUCOM has started sending out interviews, but the interviews are very spread out over the cycle so there probably haven't been too many sent out yet!

Reactions: 10 users
The Interview Invite Tracker is a bunch of trolls and BS imo

Are any of you guys using either of the required secondary prompts to address "Why Us?"

Omg same thing happened here. But strangely, only to a few of my apostrophes were changed to ? , not all of them. What is wrong with their site. Do you think they will hold it against us

same thing happened to me too! bleh i really hope they understand

A lot of the numbers are definitely fake. UCLA doesn't send secondaries to apps with MCAT <512 yet someone with lower got an interview invite.
I don't know if that's particularly true n=1 but my friend last cycle got an II from UCLA with a lower mcat. ORM too IS

How are y'all able to see your application? On the "Application Selection" section of the secondary portal, I only have the option to "FInd Application" and it says to look for existing applications below, but there's nothing below :\