2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the rejection email. It said "We have concluded our interviews for the season." so I'm guessing anyone who hasn't heard back about an interview at this point should assume it's a rejection. I'm sorry guys :(
+1 :(

Members don't see this ad.

Also rejected. This is super disappointing. OSU was my first choice.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Also rejected. This is super disappointing. OSU was my first choice.
I'm sorry, friend :(. Slightly off topic, but if you don't mind me asking, which were those 5 schools that ghosted you/didn't contact you after you sent them a primary application?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just noticed this. I accidentally changed the wrong number after finding out about OSU results. It's now 3 ghosted and it was 5 interviews. Before last week I did have 5 ghosted: OSU, Temple, Cooper, Toledo, and Illinois. I have yet to hear anything back from Temple, Toldeo, and Illinois so far. I did get a secondary from all of these but haven't heard back since turning it in even after sending them all multiple updates.

Illinois ghosted me too as an IS :(

Pre-II R. Was always a Michigan fan, guess they knew 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Do you think it is worth it to send a letter of interest? I am not at the point where I want to send a letter of intent yet but I am still highly interested in the school. I am currently deferred.

has anyone heard anything new recently??
we on the MSTP side (everyone who interviewed) just received waitlists 6 months after interviewing, so there’s that

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If our decision date is on Friday, we should start seeing it in CYMS tomorrow right? Can someone post as soon as they get it? I don’t want to be a schmuck checking my phone all day when in reality I just got deferred 😅.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we get an iPad when school starts at osu and what version if we do?

Says in CYMS that I got in at 7:46 AM! It’s my first MD A of the cycle; hopefully it’s not a fluke!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Does anyone know when OSU releases information about any financial aid and/or merit scholarships?

Does anyone know if there are specific days of the week deferred folks should expect to hear back until April 30th? Is it going to be every other Friday again? Or has there been a pattern of randomness?

• Hmm
has anyone heard anything new lately? are we expecting deferred decisions this friday? and if so what's the basis for that guess?

has anyone heard anything new lately? are we expecting deferred decisions this friday? and if so what's the basis for that guess?
Possibly, but April 15 & April 30 are dates for more waitlist movement or maybe a day after those two dates. April 15 people can only hold three acceptance and April 30 people can hold only 1 acceptance. Medical schools can see the names of people who selected plan to enroll/commit on April 30th so huge waitlist movement, yayyy. i'm just tryna figure out where I'm gonna live cause rent is not cheap especially signing in the summer months.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received any communication regarding financial aid packages/when they’re coming out?

Has anyone received any communication regarding financial aid packages/when they’re coming out?
Went to the second look weekend. After talking to the financial aid office, need based assistance information should be coming out on Monday or Tuesday. However, that apparently does not include any merit scholarship information because that is handled by a different office, which is on a rolling basis.

Went to the second look weekend. After talking to the financial aid office, need based assistance information should be coming out on Monday or Tuesday. However, that apparently does not include any merit scholarship information because that is handled by a different office, which is on a rolling basis.
has your housing assignment been given to you or anyone who is intending to enroll? Should your housing assignment for on campus options be given in May or June? M1s and M2s is there enough time to move and sign contract / rent?

has your housing assignment been given to you or anyone who is intending to enroll? Should your housing assignment for on campus options be given in May or June? M1s and M2s is there enough time to move and sign contract / rent?
Sorry do you mean like options for housing through OSU? They never mentioned that so I don’t think it’s very common but that is a thing that OSU offers. In general though, everyone I talked to for housing lives off campus. From the search that my future roommate and I did, there are plenty of options remaining, although obviously the price and distance becomes less and less attractive as time goes on.

Has anyone deferred / waitlisted heard anything yet??? I'm going crazy haha

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry do you mean like options for housing through OSU? They never mentioned that so I don’t think it’s very common but that is a thing that OSU offers. In general though, everyone I talked to for housing lives off campus. From the search that my future roommate and I did, there are plenty of options remaining, although obviously the price and distance becomes less and less attractive as time goes on.
Thanks for responding, yes I mean the graduate school On-campus housing for professional students... However, I'd also like to know if they included an option or resource list or website in your acceptance email whereby they tell you what Off and On -campus housing they recommend??

I know OSU is HUGE, but Essentially are we on our own/ have to find places to live with an acceptance.?? I'm sure there's official guidance/recommendation? Glad to hear you really like your off campus option!

Withdrawing my A here - hope it goes to someone still waiting!

Reactions: 6 users
Thanks for responding, yes I mean the graduate school On-campus housing for professional students... However, I'd also like to know if they included an option or resource list or website in your acceptance email whereby they tell you what Off and On -campus housing they recommend??

I know OSU is HUGE, but Essentially are we on our own/ have to find places to live with an acceptance.?? I'm sure there's official guidance/recommendation? Glad to hear you really like your off campus option!
We haven’t received any information about on-campus housing but I’m sure you can email someone to find out about it. In terms of what we were given, it was basically what a med student told us in the group me (same message in Facebook)
B45492CA-3153-4EC9-BFFC-A08278DA7DA6.png
9E6588FE-C27D-4BEB-AE9E-BC69391EAB50.png

Last edited:
  • Care
Withdrawing my application today good luck my sweet sunshines you got this sweetie

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Withdrawing my A. OSU alum so hmu w/ any questions ab cbus, housing, etc!