2020-2021 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just got A off the WL!
Congratulations on that!! If I may ask, are you IS or OOS? And did you send in any letters of interest or intent?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know their process with the Certiphi background check? Will I get an email specifically for them, or if I completed it for another school already do they have access to that automatically?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call from a private number an hr ago, could be a scam call but wanted to check. The caller didn’t leave a message and my voicemail is active, so I am starting to think it’s a scam. Anyone have a similar call by chance?

I got a call from a private number an hr ago, could be a scam call but wanted to check. The caller didn’t leave a message and my voicemail is active, so I am starting to think it’s a scam. Anyone have a similar call by chance?
Also vitals and CYMS remain unchanged,

When I missed the call from a private number they left a voicemail with a number to call back to. Doesn't mean it wasn't them per say, but I don't see why they wouldn't have left a voicemail.

Just committed!!! I'm going to be a Buckeye!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users
When I missed the call from a private number they left a voicemail with a number to call back to. Doesn't mean it wasn't them per say, but I don't see why they wouldn't have left a voicemail.
Is it worth following up with them to see if they were the ones who called? It was the first time I got a private # call I can remember. I feel like they would have called again Monday, though, if it was them or left a voice message as you guys said when they called. My ringer was on, so that‘s another wierd thing with why I missed the call.

Is it worth following up with them to see if they were the ones who called? It was the first time I got a private # call I can remember. I feel like they would have called again Monday, though, if it was them or left a voice message as you guys said when they called. My ringer was on, so that‘s another wierd thing with why I missed the call.
Just check cyms or vitals your decision would be updated there

Got the call, accepted top choice, IS, reapplicant, interviewed January and taken off the waitlist this week. Sent an update and letter of interest late March. Good luck to everyone still out there, I've seen people say they got accepted June/July and know a couple of people that had that happen to them too :)

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call, accepted top choice, IS, reapplicant, interviewed January and taken off the waitlist this week. Sent an update and letter of interest late March. Good luck to everyone still out there, I've seen people say they got accepted June/July and know a couple of people that had that happen to them too :)
Do you (or anyone else) know IS students taken off the waitlist after May? I feel like June/July is mainly OOS to make the class close to 50/50 but may be wrong.

This is starting to feel bad. Guess my May Letter of Interest won't have any impact. :(

• Care
JUST GOT THE CALL! Does anyone know how long I have to decide I didnt get an email yet with info

Reactions: 6 users
JUST GOT THE CALL! Does anyone know how long I have to decide I didnt get an email yet with info
Congrats! I got the call early in the morning and it was like midnight that the first email came. The next day I could see a change on vitals. The Choose your medical school tool was up I think right away though. Since then it's just been a stream of sporadic emails with some stuff to do

Do you (or anyone else) know IS students taken off the waitlist after May? I feel like June/July is mainly OOS to make the class close to 50/50 but may be wrong.
I think one was IS and the other two were OOS

When is the latest they send financial merit scholarships?

Are there any current med students on here who had to apply for in state tuition? If so can you DM me I have some questions on what documents you turned in. 😂 I knew the requirements were a lot but WOW 😅

Just got the A call yesterday! Interviewed beginning of October and this is my alma mater and dream school

• Love
Has anyone ever had luck with calling admissions and asking their odds of getting off the waitlist? OSU is my top choice but I feel like at some point I need to just commit to my other option

Has anyone ever had luck with calling admissions and asking their odds of getting off the waitlist? OSU is my top choice but I feel like at some point I need to just commit to my other option
I emailed them earlier this week and all they said is that it’s tough to predict movement :/ they weren’t too informative

can anyone tell me how full the group me is right now? Is it a good indication of where they are at in the process or do a majority of students not not join the group me or Facebook page. It’s not like this information is in your acceptance email, so they have to be part of SDN or other chat to get into it?

can anyone tell me how full the group me is right now? Is it a good indication of where they are at in the process or do a majority of students not not join the group me or Facebook page. It’s not like this information is in your acceptance email, so they have to be part of SDN or other chat to get into it?
Looks like 142 members in it

Reactions: 1 users
Looks like 142 members in it
Hmm ok, so as I was saying do they get the invitation to join the group me through things like SDN so there may be more than 142? also, its not a guarantee that all of them are commit to enroll at OSU, so that’s another factor.

Interestingly, the equivalent page at Cincinnati (which usually has ~180 matriculants vs 220 at OSU) has 223 members in its page. I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy.

Interestingly, the equivalent page at Cincinnati (which usually has 180 students vs 220 at OSU) has 223 members in its page. I wonder what accounts for the discrepancy.
The page is full of med students from different years. Offering housing/selling things/etc.

Hmm ok, so as I was saying do they get the invitation to join the group me through things like SDN so there may be more than 142? also, its not a guarantee that all of them are commit to enroll at OSU, so that’s another factor.
We got an email from OSU with links to the facebook page, and from there we have a group me but most everyone is on the Slack instead

We got an email from OSU with links to the facebook page, and from there we have a group me but most everyone is on the Slack instead
How many are in the slack then? I want to judge how much of the class is full at this point. If those in slack are only 8ncoming students and not other years that should work to estimate I guess.

In a recent information session, OSU college of medicine answered the most asked question here: do they reject anyone post interview? A: very rarely. Hopefully, this question will be answered for students with that question looking back onto the chat now.

They also said that update letters don’t get stored where your application is, which may mean that they don’t get give as much weight to those over the year compared to what you have before applying. That would suck, but it is what it is.

I received a deferment for my matriculation until the Fall of 2022 last Wednesday, which looks to be the same day @Wanan got a call.
Gotcha! I haven’t heard of a deferment of matriculation until Fall 2022 before, what exactly does that entail?

Gotcha! I haven’t heard of a deferment of matriculation until Fall 2022 before, what exactly does that entail?
It just means that you apply to start in 2021 but then ask the office of admission to grant you a deferral so you do not start medical school until 2022. If they grant a deferral, you do not need to apply again. Basically, I withdraw 2021 acceptance for a 2022 acceptance. Usually, it’s for personal reasons or because you have an opportunity that you cannot pass up that will be unavailable in the future (the second is why I asked for a deferral). I had originally planned on starting in 2021 but I couldn’t pass up this opportunity and I’m so thankful Ohio State gave me a deferral because it is my dream medical school.

Reactions: 3 users
Any WL movement recently? Contemplating about emailing them about my continued interest in the program and my intent to enroll if accepted, good or bad idea?

Reactions: 1 users
Any WL movement recently? Contemplating about emailing them about my continued interest in the program and my intent to enroll if accepted, good or bad idea?
Not sure about recent movement, but this is a good idea. Can't hurt your chances and could help

Got off the WL earlier this week! looks like I’m going to be a Buckeye

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Got off the WL earlier this week! looks like I’m going to be a Buckeye
Congrats!! That’s so relieving! I just wanted to ask if you were IS/OOS and stats if you are comfortable sharing. I’m currently waitlisted there with no acceptances so trying to find some hope!