2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry if this has been asked already but does SLU use NBME or in house exams for preclinicals? I think slu also does a shortened curriculum as well (1.5 months?) thank you friends
Can't say if its NBME, but talked to a student today and he said its so step-1 focused, some students don't even listen to lectures and just use third party resources to learn the systems etc bc its so similar. He did qualify it with those students being the rare exception, but think it speaks to that.

Members don't see this ad.

anyone know the CTE deadline?
When you receive your acceptance email from SLU, there's a PDF attachment that says Acceptance Deadlines 2021. The CTE date is July 4 (3 weeks before orientation) meaning if you do not select Commit To Enroll SLU by July 4th, you will have your acceptance rescinded. April 30th is the deadline to hold 1 acceptance which means you have to let go of all other acceptances except for one but you may stay on waitlists. However, you do not have to CTE to SLU on April 30th, you just have to select SLU for Plan to Enroll. You must withdraw your waitlists though if you decide to CTE to SLU.

Please correct me if this is incorrect but this has been my understanding.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So...do any M1's who know they'll be committing to SLU already find housing? Where do students usually live? I feel like STL has many different areas east, west, and south of the medical school campus and the Facebook Group is pretty quiet in terms of living situations for most people. I assume housing is getting snatched up relatively quickly since it's prime time to sign a lease and prepare for move in?
in the fb group description there is a link to a roommate finding doc as well as reviews of different apartments by current students

Reactions: 1 user
Withdrew the A, hoping it finds one of you!

Reactions: 5 users
Also just withdrew my A! Good luck to you all. For those hoping for more financial aid, I was also offered the $20k scholarship, so that should be going to someone else now.

If the waitlist is ranked, is it worth sending in an update? I started a new job in February and have 350 clinics hours I want to update on. I was low on clinical hours when I applied.

Does anyone know if there's been any waitlist movement yet?

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my A just now. Hopefully it goes to one of yall :) Good luck :)

Reactions: 7 users
any1 have a guess as to how many of the 249 in the FB group are current students? lmao

Members don't see this ad :)
my ochem lab results 🤝 med schools
never having >50% yield

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
Accepted students, can we expect a “here’s everything you need to do before starting school” email soon?

Accepted students, can we expect a “here’s everything you need to do before starting school” email soon?
i hope so, kinda anxious that i won't have enough time to get my titers / other medical check-up stuff that schools usually require .. when the M1s sent us that FAQ sheet back in feb it said that this info would be communicated "soon" lol..

i hope so, kinda anxious that i won't have enough time to get my titers / other medical check-up stuff that schools usually require .. when the M1s sent us that FAQ sheet back in feb it said that this info would be communicated "soon" lol..
FAQ sheet? Was that on the FB? I didn’t get that but I don’t use Facebook.

Do we have any idea when the WL movement might start... or why it seems like it hasn't started yet

Reactions: 3 users
Do we have any idea when the WL movement might start... or why it seems like it hasn't started yet
I am not sure why it has not started. Last year's WL movement started in the first week of May. Maybe we have to wait since this week is not over yet.

i think its possible some ppl didn't PTE to slu but also did not withdraw their acceptances, which has led SLU to reach out to these ppl to confirm that they are in fact going in another direction before the school withdraws their acceptances themselves and waitlist movement begins..Idk tho, nothing else really makes sense given that no deliberations need to take place for giving acceptances off a ranked WL

Hi everyone! I was PTE to enroll at a different school and was on SLU's alternate list. Received my acceptance today! OOS applicant

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Hi everyone! I have a question for admitted students. If I’m waiting to hear back from another school about a waitlist, do I wait to accept SLU’s financial aid offer? I assume yes but I don’t want to mess something up especially when it comes to financial aid.

Hi everyone! I was PTE to enroll at a different school and was on SLU's alternate list. Received my acceptance today! OOS applicant
Congratulations!! And you're accepting the offer, I take it?

Any chance I could ask for your stats or when you interviewed? Trying to convince myself there's hope over here 🤞

Congratulations!! And you're accepting the offer, I take it?

Any chance I could ask for your stats or when you interviewed? Trying to convince myself there's hope over here 🤞
I am accepting the offer, trying to connect with current students to make my final decision.
Interviewed Feb. 2nd, MCAT 516 GPA 4.0

Is this lack of WL movement or is it that there has been waves of A that I have not been part of..? 😢

• Sad
Is this lack of WL movement or is it that there has been waves of A that I have not been part of..? 😢
It is definitely not like anything that I read on sdn from previous years. Someone posted that they got the A (congrats btw!!) but I am not sure why its quiet here. Only way I see it is WL did not start yet. Not on a large scale at least. I did not receive anything yet if that helps you feel better

It is definitely not like anything that I read on sdn from previous years. Someone posted that they got the A (congrats btw!!) but I am not sure why its quiet here. Only way I see it is WL did not start yet. Not on a large scale at least. I did not receive anything yet if that helps you feel better
Really hoping that big WL movements are on their way!! And thank you for cheering me up a little bit haha just really anxious 😟

Not that I know of. I honestly don't know what is taking so long. This is killing me :(
Same here. Fingers crossed that good news will come this week!

i think a small movement may have happened y'all bc 7 people joined the fb group on friday after someone had posted here about getting off the WL on wednesday. i can't be sure but usually that many people dont all randomly join the same day

Ahh, I really hope there’s more WL movement coming soon 🥺😩

When should I lose hope...? Hahahah really need some encouragement😢😢😢

• Care
When I emailed them they said their class is full but they do expect people to drop off resulting in some movement from now until early July. What I think happened is that ppl have been accepted here and WL’d at their cheaper state schools and top schools and are hanging on to this A until they get into those. My state school where I’m also WL’d has had massive WL movement so far.

When I emailed them they said their class is full but they do expect people to drop off resulting in some movement from now until early July. What I think happened is that ppl have been accepted here and WL’d at their cheaper state schools and top schools and are hanging on to this A until they get into those. My state school where I’m also WL’d has had massive WL movement so far.
Thanks for updating us!
Dang this is disappointing to hear thought, was really hoping for a lot of WL movement here after 4/30.

FWIW, every school I've been WL at has said this same thing (that they're at full class size already). Not sure what to think of it, but let's hope that WL movement goes wild soon lol.

I am in this position... will most likely go to SLU but am holding onto a couple waitlists. There are a decent amount of people in the accepted group who are on WLs, so don't lose hope! This app process (plus COVID cycle) has been a wild ride y'all... wishing you the best of luck

A lot of people have said on this thread that they withdrew. I was not counting but pretty sure it is more than just 7. Doesn't make sense that their class is full unless they overaccept. And if they overaccept then why have a WL? Not to mention that this risks them starting next year's class with over than 180 students (max reported seats). Idk I guess we will never know how they do it.

They definitely accept more than the number of available seats. They know what their yield is likely to be and so they accept more. And then they use the WL as needed to fill remaining seats if they don't get enough to enroll.

Can any accepted students let us WLed folks know how many people are in the SLU class of 2025 groupme? Fb page member number is way over 180... 😢

Can any accepted students let us WLed folks know how many people are in the SLU class of 2025 groupme? Fb page member number is way over 180... 😢
110 rn, im guessing the real number of ppl planning to matriculate is between 110 and 220-ish sorry thats not v helpful!

Last edited:
There's also definitely people in the Groupme discussing still waiting on WL for other schools, if that helps.

Has anyone heard anything from admissions in the past week? Do we know how they feel about calls/emails asking where they are with WL movement?

Has anyone heard anything from admissions in the past week? Do we know how they feel about calls/emails asking where they are with WL movement?
I called and they told me movement started and will last until july (typical answer). I am hoping to hear something by june.