2022-2023 Ponce (St. Louis)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have not received one yet. The unofficial acceptance email just says to complete the documents ASAP and that an official notification will be sent in the next 14 days. I am unsure if that means you must submit the documents to receive it or will receive one regardless. I would probably submit the documents sooner rather than later just in case.
Aren't all medical school acceptances conditional until you enroll?

Members don't see this ad.

Are interviews still being sent out?? I haven’t hear anything since like October after I sent my transcripts.

Members don't see this ad :)
Or did anyone get a confirmation email saying they got those documents?

General App here, complete silence too. Submitted on the first day.

Someone told me 36 have already been accepted but they accepted 60 last time because many get acceptances somewhere else
Just to clarify my previous response, what I meant was that I haven't received their official acceptance offer after having received their conditional acceptance email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
for the people that got ii or accepted, did u send official transcripts to the school before getting accepted? i just got an email that my app isn't complete cuz of that... its kinda late so prob won't do it lol

Just got an email saying secondary application received, even though I submitted on the first available day back in October…. Maybe they are just starting to look at my stuff?

Last edited:
Did they say anywhere in your email that your app isn’t complete or was that in a separate email from the “secondary received”?
I just received this email as well. Mine states how "they require" three LORs and transcripts. I submitted them back in October and have email confirmation they received them (I was emailing them due to an issue with them saying they didn't receive my secondary fee for a few days).

It probably just means we are SOL at this point.

Based on a previous post saying they stopped interviewing this month, my guess is that they are opening up all of the applications they have forgotten about in preparation for the R wave.

Last edited:
I got the “secondary application received” the other day too, submitted my secondary on the first day back in October and got the same “secondary application received” at that time. Was invited for an interview back in December but other than confirming they received my thank you and my update letters, been radio silence since. Never got any notice of the coffee chat so maybe that was just for accepted students?

I got the “secondary application received” the other day too, submitted my secondary on the first day back in October and got the same “secondary application received” at that time. Was invited for an interview back in December but other than confirming they received my thank you and my update letters, been radio silence since. Never got any notice of the coffee chat so maybe that was just for accepted students?
What is “the coffee chat”?

I feel like we have really good comradery in our class and are willing to help each other. We have former MSMS students who are now M1’s who have been extremely open to classmates reaching out for tips on how to study. I know that when I was struggling last semester, I had classmates whom I felt safe going to for help. I have not had any experiences with the “gunner” type of mentality here, which I’m really grateful for, and have always been met with a willingness to help by my classmates.

If you fail an exam (lower than 70%), you’re required to meet with the instructor of the class. It is not disciplinary, and the professor will meet with you to figure out how you have been studying and what to change, what they can help you understand better, etc. I also met with our dean of education to come up with test-taking strategies (not required, but I found it to be very helpful). I do know that there were some students who were really struggling with particular classes last semester, but because our class is so small, that was noticed early enough that meetings/tutoring/additional resources were put into place, and to my knowledge, we had no failed classes by MD students at the St. Louis campus last semester.

The combination of having small classes and being the inaugural cohort of the St. Louis location means that faculty here are very invested in us succeeding in classes and passing step, and they’re able to be very hands on.
Is it a P/F or grading system?

can anybody from stl tell us how it is living there? ya know with it being the most dangerous city in the us is it actually that bad?

can anybody from stl tell us how it is living there? ya know with it being the most dangerous city in the us is it actually that bad?
well i do see every night on the news someone is getting shot. However, its mainly about being smart. You wouldnt go walking through the northside at 1am in the morning. While I see why Stl is named the most dangerous city, being a native, I have never been in a scary situation.

well i do see every night on the news someone is getting shot. However, its mainly about being smart. You wouldnt go walking through the northside at 1am in the morning. While I see why Stl is named the most dangerous city, being a native, I have never been in a scary situation.

Thank you! I was also wondering, are the rotations in STL or in PR? On their website it seems like some rotations are in PR unless I’m wrong

when i interviewed in december they said no PR rotations were in place yet for the STL campus, most of the STL rotations would be at Mercy Hosp. in STL, but they weren't ruling out the possibility of at least offering PR rotations in the future

when i interviewed in december they said no PR rotations were in place yet for the STL campus, most of the STL rotations would be at Mercy Hosp. in STL, but they weren't ruling out the possibility of at least offering PR rotations in the future
Have you heard back from them or have you already accepted somewhere else

Thank you! I was also wondering, are the rotations in STL or in PR? On their website it seems like some rotations are in PR unless I’m wrong
I've lived here for 5 years and never had a problem with safety. It's a city and as long as you are smart about city living, you will be fine. Rotations will be at Mercy in St. Louis

I've lived here for 5 years and never had a problem with safety. It's a city and as long as you are smart about city living, you will be fine. Rotations will be at Mercy in St. Louis
Do you know how many people typically get off the waitlist and when they usually get off of it?

Do you know how many people typically get off the waitlist and when they usually get off of it?
i believe a couple people got off the waitlist last cycle in late june/july... i will say i was on the waitlist and got officially rejected like a week before classes started!

How has your experience been with administration and student services? Are they accommodating for the most part with student suggestions?

has anyone received the official acceptance yet?
Received an update through their portal that states my conditional acceptance, I’m not sure if this is the same as the official acceptance they were referring to in the coffee chat session though.

Made a GroupMe for STL accepted students. Please join!

does anyone know if the class is already full and if they said anything about when to expect final decisions?

How has your experience been with administration and student services? Are they accommodating for the most part with student suggestions?
Very. We have regular town halls and meetings with faculty and they change things as needed at students' request.