2020-2021 Saint Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i received an II and nothing about VITA. :(

also, do you guys know where the video agreement is that we have to sign? it says it's under the "Video Interview" tab but i don't see that tab

Members don't see this ad.

Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else" prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.

Last edited:
Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.
Am I mistaken or is that there only question? (aside from COVID) but I would definitely put something unless it's all been said in the primary. I haven't received II, but I wrote about how my experiences align with their mission/the diversity I could bring and "why us"

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Sitting on this secondary. Did anyone that received a II (or people in general) write anything for the optional "anything else" prompt? I'm between a "why us" response and an academic mishaps response but don't want to be unnecessary.

I think it's smart to do whichever one will provide more context to your application/be the most authentic. I did a why us essay because I have a lot of connections to SLU as an institution and St. Louis as a city that are not immediately obvious from my primary and which I wanted to highlight.

Reactions: 1 users
I wrote a why us and got the II!

II received on Thursday! A little late to the thread OOS. Might be mistaken but it seems like they've sent out very few so far (or at least very few reported)

Reactions: 2 users
II received on Thursday! A little late to the thread OOS. Might be mistaken but it seems like they've sent out very few so far (or at least very few reported)
Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you were complete? and if any ties? Hoping you're right about II's so far, keeping fingers crossed

Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you were complete? and if any ties? Hoping you're right about II's so far, keeping fingers crossed

I believe I was complete 7/11. I wrote a why us response in the additional info because I felt like that was important for emphasizing my application as I don't have any ties.

I believe I was complete 7/11. I wrote a why us response in the additional info because I felt like that was important for emphasizing my application as I don't have any ties.
Awesome, I did roughly the same, but didn't submit for a couple more days. Congrats again!

I was planning to apply to one more school, and it seems that not too many II's have gone out from Saint Louis. Would it be too late to apply here if I can quickly return a secondary?

I was planning to apply to one more school, and it seems that not too many II's have gone out from Saint Louis. Would it be too late to apply here if I can quickly return a secondary?

Do it! It's a great school and the secondary is super easy. Just an optional essay for additional info.

However, I should also mention that I received an II today and they didn't mention anything about VITA, so I'm not sure when/how they are going to be using it. Perhaps only certain people receive it if they're undecided about sending II's? Or maybe the VITA invite comes afterward. Who knows.

I applied Early Decision and interviewed on 9/15. Yet, my VITA invite didn't come in until the 17th. Today, I called to ask about it and they said to be fair to all applicants I should "go ahead and complete it." Otherwise, there was no mention of it between my interview invite, the interview itself or even the virtual tour. Good luck to everyone applying this cycle and don't let yourself get too crazy about the process! Stay driven and positive, it all comes together!

Members don't see this ad :)
II this afternoon as well! OOS 3.8x GPAs and 511 MCAT, complete 7/11

Reactions: 4 users
i have interview 9/28 but i still haven't gotten any info abut vita, should I call them . there was no mention of vita in my interview email

i have interview 9/28 but i still haven't gotten any info abut vita, should I call them . there was no mention of vita in my interview email

Same, I got the VITA invite but there was no mention of it from SLU. I might ask them about it during the interview day. Have you gotten invited to do VITA yet?

Did anyone get the zoom link for the info session tomorrow that is occurring prior to our faculty interview? I am not sure where to find it!

Did anyone get the zoom link for the info session tomorrow that is occurring prior to our faculty interview? I am not sure where to find it!

Lol I just realized I haven't gotten it either. It's not in the interview tab or in any of their emails. Maybe they'll send it tomorrow morning?

also got II! complete 7/13. had my first ever MD interview at another school this morning so to get this today is unreal :soexcited:

also got II! complete 7/13. had my first ever MD interview at another school this morning so to get this today is unreal :soexcited:

Jesus LM of 83.8!? My god what is that? 3.9x and 525+ good job partner! Good luck. I am kind of an underdog for this school but it still is my dream school!

• Love
Jesus LM of 83.8!? My god what is that? 3.9x and 525+ good job partner! Good luck. I am kind of an underdog for this school but it still is my dream school!

At least we know SLU doesn't yield protect.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I was complete 7/13

Sounds like they are going in order. Last ones were I believe 7/11. I am 7/29, sounds like it will be a while. Take note: IMPORTANT to submit EARLY, ASAP.

7/11 complete, haven't heard anything. Hopefully not a soft R, really like this school.

Reactions: 2 users
when did all the poeple who got II today schedule their interview ? and anyways good luck

SLU was a beautiful school (interviewed today), but my interviewer was the toughest I've had so far. Student interview was pretty chill.

SLU was a beautiful school (interviewed today), but my interviewer was the toughest I've had so far. Student interview was pretty chill.

Congrats!!! I just got an II today. Is there any way to request the mroning interview slot? Idk if I can take off work SMH... What time did yours end?

I'm interviewing 10/6. I have a new activity (part-time job) that's not on my application. Should I upload some kind of document about this before my interview? Or ever? If so, do I just format it similarly to AMCAS experiences section?
Thanks!!

I'm interviewing 10/6. I have a new activity (part-time job) that's not on my application. Should I upload some kind of document about this before my interview? Or ever? If so, do I just format it similarly to AMCAS experiences section?
Thanks!!
I think if you just started it might be easier to just mention it during the interview.

for people who already interviewed , who interviewed u and if u want to keep that confidential just pm me