2020-2021 Toledo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know we discussed favorite cheeses but if we're going to plan this party correctly what are your favorite wines? Red, white, rose, sparkling?
If Toledo is reading this, I hope they just outright accept all of you guys. Imagine the cohesiveness and thoughtfulness of this group. You guys are already planning their commencement party for them lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
If Toledo is reading this, I hope they just outright accept all of you guys. Imagine the cohesiveness and thoughtfulness of this group. You guys are already planning their commencement party for them lol.

If you’re listening Toledo, call me. I can put together a mean cheese tray. That’s the real reason we older non trads are good additions to any cohort.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
we need to all get together and have a cheese & wine night lmao

Reactions: 2 users
at this point is toledo an actual medical school or is it hogwarts where no email interviews are sent, just a squirrel (owls are too fancy for toledo) carrying a paper interview invite comes to our backyards?

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
As much as I love cheese discussion, I am completely turned off by how delayed they are. I would still go if I get II and accepted but Toledo definitely would not be my first choice if I had other options

Reactions: 1 users
I came here to check on Toledo's status for IIs. You can say I was pleasantly surprised by what I stumbled upon.

More importantly, I had an alligator cheesecake at my favorite restaurant in New Orleans. I feel the need to share this here. It was phenomenal
cheese.jpg

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
I came here to check on Toledo's status for IIs. You can say I was pleasantly surprised by what I stumbled upon.

More importantly, I had an alligator cheesecake at my favorite restaurant in New Orleans. I feel the need to share this here. It was phenomenalView attachment 322219
I am going to need you to explain what an alligator cheesecake is

Reactions: 8 users
I am going to need you to explain what an alligator cheesecake is

of course. So as one might guess, it contains alligator meat (tastes like spicy chicken). It is generally served as an appetizer of sorts and has a TON of different types of cheeses in it. It is an absolute dream and perfect in every way for a cheese lover. You can get it at a restaurant called Jacque-Imo's!

i need a full explanation and recipe now pls

I wish I had a recipe :( but it is absolutely divine and heaven for us cheese-lovers. I order it every time I am a very Cajun restaurant called Jacque-Imo's in New Orleans!!

Reactions: 1 user
Every Other Thread: II! Rejected, what's wrong with me. Stats, Blood Type? Should I just quit now and become a circus performer?

Toledo: Follow me for more recipes!

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Every Other Thread: II! Rejected, what's wrong with me. Stats, Blood Type? Should I just quit now and become a circus performer?

Toledo: Follow me for more recipes!
If it’s wrong I don’t want to be right .
While we are on the subject, this is a great Wisco Beer Cheese soup recipe.

Reactions: 5 users
And on a cheesecake note...

I swear by this one.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
And on a cheesecake note...

I swear by this one.

I actually don't like cheesecake at all (except for the Halo Top Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream...) but in solidarity with my fellow Toledo applicants...and as the resident old person here, I present a 17 minute compilation of The Golden Girls' best Cheesecake Moments.

Thank you for being a friend...

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I actually don't like cheesecake at all (except for the Halo Top Chocolate Cheesecake ice cream...) but in solidarity with my fellow Toledo applicants...and as the resident old person here, I present a 17 minute compilation of The Golden Girls' best Cheesecake Moments.

Thank you for being a friend...

Not to distract from this thread further but what is everyone's favorite ice cream? If we are going to plan our party correctly we need a dessert or two.

Not to distract from this thread further but what is everyone's favorite ice cream? If we are going to plan our party correctly we need a dessert or two.
It may be an old man flavor, but I love me a maple nut

Reactions: 2 users
HI I WORK AT AN ICE CREAM SHOP SO I CAN GET US ICE CREAM FOR FREE!!! also i love cookies and cream lol : ))

• Love
Mint. Brownie. Fudge.

It is amazing. Mint ice cream with brownie chunks and fudge swirly-goo.

Great choices so far, running up the list for that party if it happens. I prefer to go specific and there's this one shop in Michigan that has a bourbon ice cream that so far has been my personal favorite. For the more common occurrences, I tend to go with old-fashioned vanilla bean with a heavy topping of Bananas Foster (With a good dark rum, makes it all the better).

For those not from Ohio you will need to try Jeni’s Ice Cream. Sometimes they’re odd combinations but other times really amazing.

Ohio is also pretty close to Michigan and they have some great ice cream shops like Ray's in Royal Oak and Guernsey in Novi. If you're close to this area and haven't been yet you got to go they are awesome!

Have to 100% agree with Graeters both the black raspberry chip and the buckeye blitz!

for anybody that ends up in the 419, you guys gotta try Mr. Freeze:D

*Univ of Toledo Admissions Team checks this thread*

*Reads 3 pages of cheese and ice cream posts*

*Thinks to oneself, "Oh wow, we really mucked this thing up."*

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
*Univ of Toledo Admissions Team checks this thread*

*Reads 3 pages of cheese and ice cream posts*

*Thinks to oneself, "Oh wow, we really mucked this thing up."*

Or conversely Wisconsin med schools read this, and think “Wow these guys love dairy products so much, come to school here!”

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Or conversely Wisconsin med schools read this, and think “Wow these guys love dairy products so much, come to school here!”

Toledo v Wisconsin

Med Student Dairy Competition

Two schools enter, one cow leaves.

portal says "your app is under review" and has been stuck on that for a while now. does it change to anything else? complete 8/30

portal says "your app is under review" and has been stuck on that for a while now. does it change to anything else? complete 8/30

dude where have you been? no one, not a soul, has heard anything

• Haha
LOL admittedly I have been avoiding all things med school, hopefully we'll hear back soon eh?

• Care
II jk now that I have your attention, is Toledo looking for med students or nah

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users