2020-2021 University of Houston

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congratulations!! Could you please share stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the call this afternoon!!! Interviewed early October :)

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted via phone call at 5:00PM today! Interviewed 9/10, stats in my bio. I am in total shock and so excited!

Reactions: 8 users
Just got the call! Interviewed late September.
So you have an Pre-match offer on phone instead by email? Did they send you an email after they called you?

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, I received the acceptance by phone. Some schools prefer to call first then send an email confirmation. I wasn't told when the official email would come and I have yet to receive it. No portal updates either. Everyone be sure to answer any Houston area calls lol cuz you never know!

Reactions: 3 users
For those who have interviewed, are you allowed to take notes at all during the prompt?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone had an interview after 10/22 hear anything from UH?

By chance has anyone been able to get in touch with UHCOM? I tried emailing once in October, November, and called at different times but haven’t been able to get in touch with anyone
During Aug time frame, they were very good. I sent them an email. They responded within a day.

During Aug time frame, they were very good. I sent them an email. They responded within a day.
Lol. I haven’t been able to contact a single soul, feeling a bit lost at sea here

Also, I forgot to ask - which email did you reach out to? I’ve found a few but I’m not even sure which is the best one

Congrats to those who prematched! I’m a current MS1. We are now on winter break. I am so excited for you all to join our growing school.
If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know until when UH will be sending out interviews? I submitted my secondary late August and haven’t heard anything since!

Does anyone know until when UH will be sending out interviews? I submitted my secondary late August and haven’t heard anything since!
UH COM has been sending out interview invites throughout the Fall with the last batch appearing to have last come on Dec. 1st. At this point in the cycle, we can expect IIs to be unpredictable and sent to smaller groups of applicants to fill up the few remaining interview spots and cancellations.

Reactions: 2 users
UH COM has been sending out interview invites throughout the Fall with the last batch appearing to have last come on Dec. 1st. At this point in the cycle, we can expect IIs to be unpredictable and sent to smaller groups of applicants to fill up the few remaining interview spots and cancellations.
"....interview invites throughout the Fall with the last batch appearing to have last come on Dec. 1st." How do you know that?

"....interview invites throughout the Fall with the last batch appearing to have last come on Dec. 1st." How do you know that?
The most recent post on this thread announcing an applicant had received an II was on 12/1. Here's the post: #250

I think you might be interpreting my statement to mean that the last batch of IIs have gone out, but I am using 'last' to mean most recent, not final. You can also visit the thread @wysdoc started here to see all the other dates IIs went out in the cycle: The Republic of Texas XXXIX: Pretty words are not always true, and True words are not always pretty.

The most recent post on this thread announcing an applicant had received an II was on 12/1. Here's the post: #250

I think you might be interpreting my statement to mean that the last batch of IIs have gone out, but I am using 'last' to mean most recent, not final. You can also visit the thread @wysdoc started here to see all the other dates IIs went out in the cycle: The Republic of Texas XXXIX: Pretty words are not always true, and True words are not always pretty.
Thanks, yes it did seem to me you were saying it was the last batch, hence my question. Thanks!

Has anyone got a pre-match offer call after Dec 9? If so what date you had an interview? Thanks

Last edited:
Prematched! They’re in the vicinity!

• Love
Hi guys! I'm an incoming D1 for UTSD Dental School and I'm looking for a roommate that's a medical student. If any of you are interested in rooming with a dental student & interested in UTHealth Housing, let me know!

Prematched today! Got the call at about 9:15 this morning. Interviewed 11/8.

To people who received the call the day before yesterday, did y'all receive the email? I was told there would be an email later in the day but I didn't receive one.

Last edited:
To people who received the call the day before yesterday, did y'all receive the email? I was told there would be an email later in the day but I didn't receive one.

It was Christmas Eve, I’m sure the faculty & staff are enjoying their time off; as you should as well :) you’ll get the email.

I still haven’t gotten the email for the pre-match offer.. I’m wondering when it’s appropriate to email/call?

I still haven’t gotten the email for the pre-match offer.. I’m wondering when it’s appropriate to email/call?
It took mine around three days to come. But I’d allow some time for the holiday.

I already got the call that I was accepted, but they said I would get an email with details and I haven’t gotten it yet.
Ah, that makes more sense. No, don't worry about it until after the holidays, but if by the 11th or so you still haven't heard anything, then maybe call. Congratulations!

Happy New Year!
If you have prematched and would like to have any questions or concerns addressed about UHCOM, the Student Council has set up a GroupMe for you to meet some current students. Please privately message me for the link so you can join.
Cheers!
-Class of 2024 Student Council

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Are any II’s still going out?
I got an II a couple of minutes ago!

The email I received was like "there's a change in your application status" "log in to your portal to see what it is." Pretty ominous. I thought I was going to login to see a pre II rejection, only to see an interview tab lol.

Anyways, as of checking, they had dates available for every Thursday in January including the one this week, (the 7th).

Reactions: 6 users
For those wondering about scholarships, applicants are not automatically considered. UHCOM has a short scholarship application that will be used with your FAFSA to determine aid.

I received an interview invite yesterday. Very surprising considering their small class size and I never really expected to have a shot just due to that fact alone. There were dates for every week until the end of January.

Very weird that the email didn’t just state I got invited. Just that there was a change. I had to login to see I was invited. Never had to do that before. I definitely thought it was a rejection LOL

Anyone interviewing tomorrow get an email yet with information or anything?

Hi all,
How long does it take to hear back after interview ?
I don't think there's a good way of knowing, unfortunately. :/
There's a possibility of hearing back sooner, but I would be prepared to wait until match day.
I'm honestly surprised they've done prematches considering how small the class size is.

Reactions: 2 users