2020-2021 UT Austin (Dell)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!!! I also just got off the waitlist and was wondering if anyone could send me the link to the Facebook group or group me? Thanks in advance :)
Congrats, is this your first acceptance, @doctoryeehaw?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats, is this your first acceptance, @doctoryeehaw?
Hi @wysdoc , big fan of yours lol! Yes, I still have an acceptance with my match school. I know I can only hold one acceptance now so do you know if when I accept Dell's offer, I will automatically lose my match school's offer or what is the protocol for that? Thanks for your help!

Hi @wysdoc , big fan of yours lol! Yes, I still have an acceptance with my match school. I know I can only hold one acceptance now so do you know if when I accept Dell's offer, I will automatically lose my match school's offer or what is the protocol for that? Thanks for your help!
See what time frame Dell gave you in their offer. You need to respond to Dell, yes or no, by that date.
More details here in a recent post: The Republic of Texas XXXIX: Pretty words are not always true, and True words are not always pretty.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
may we ask where you will be giving a seat if you choose to attend Dell?

Does anyone here have any tips/things they've noticed about Dell admissions that they're willing to share? It's one of my top schools but everyone I know who applied didn't even get a secondary invite

Does anyone here have any tips/things they've noticed about Dell admissions that they're willing to share? It's one of my top schools but everyone I know who applied didn't even get a secondary invite
You can get an amazing amount of information about what each school looks for in their class by watching the Courage Sessions podcasts.
Here is a link to the Dell interview, and the Texas Health Education Services YouTube Channel has an archive of interviews with every TMDSAS school from last year, as well as other application-related topics.
Courage Session Dell

Dell like people with lots of service and/or research.

Just got the call from Dean Johnston! Off the waitlist. Does anyone know the start date?

Edit: Also, for anyone familiar with the process, how long does it take to receive the acceptance email?

Last edited:
Also got the call from Dean Johnston earlier this afternoon!! If someone could DM the GroupMe link that would be great! Thanks!

Excited to see y'all next year! I got off the waitlist, too, and I've been so happy that I did! As always, feel free to message me if you have questions about the school, housing, supplies, etc.

Dell published a public relations piece today about some members of their incoming class of 2025.
Have a look, and though I am not sure their class roster is final now (someone could always drop for an AMCAS WL offer) it seems likely they're done.
Dell incoming class of 2025
Very impressive to see they snagged a marine mother. I would have thought she would have gone to the military medical school.

Dell attracts a lot of non-trad students that have already established their lives/families in Austin, so that tracks pretty well. Our MS1s started class this week, so hopefully they stay lol.