2020-2021 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else interviewing this Tuesday not received Zoom or other links for interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
@McSteamy_Mark When are they scheduling interviews for? Would love to get one from here and just curious how fast they've given some interviews out!

Members don't see this ad :)
For people that have already interviewed or are interviewing tomorrow, is the personalized Zoom Link (from interview confirmation email) used for the info sessions as well as the individual interviews?

Anyone who has already interviewed. How was it?
My first interview was extremely conversational and I had an amazing time with her; it went so well that I was a bit disappointed when she said our time is about to run out. My second interview was not as conversational, as she was throwing out question after question based off my responses so it was a little tough since the conversation was one-sided, but I think this was her intended interview style. She was very nice and did an amazing job answering my questions at the end. They're both open-file interviews so know your application and be ready to talk about your experiences. Good luck and be yourself!

Reactions: 1 user
I feel like this thread has been so quiet

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like this thread has been so quiet

Based on the data, they're definitely behind this cycle. Maybe due to the new admissions dean/directors this year + COVID delays.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what interview date has the MSTP scheduled to now? They only have 3 interview dates and I was wondering if they've already sent out invites for the last date.

Huh, yeah. Looks like they cleaned house at the admissions office this summer.

Complete silence from 7/19. Anyone else like me?

Reactions: 10 users
The fact that people can get interviews at a top school like this and still be reapplicants terrifies me.:scared:

Yeah, applicants that have exceptionally high stats can be excluded from mid-tier schools bc of yield protection. This more or less sequesters applicants to the most competitive schools, which have the most stringent admissions percentages. It's fairly easy to see then how an applicant with LM > 80, who only applies to 10-15 schools, given their degree of competitiveness, fails to gain an acceptance.

Or applicants only apply to top-tier schools and few safeties.

Yeah, you're definitely right. I prefer the reach/target/undershoot categories, but I think more people are familiar with the "safety" terminology.

Great point! :thumbup:
There is a big difference between undershoot and safety. Undershoot means if you apply - that school will likely reject you due to yield protection. Safety, on the other hand, means you apply you will definitely get it. My point is that there is not a single medical school that anyone can say they have a guaranteed spot, just based on their stats (unless they are a big-time donor, of course).

Yeah, applicants that have exceptionally high stats can be excluded from mid-tier schools bc of yield protection. This more or less sequesters applicants to the most competitive schools, which have the most stringent admissions percentages. It's fairly easy to see then how an applicant with LM > 80, who only applies to 10-15 schools, given their degree of competitiveness, fails to gain an acceptance.

Or applicants only apply to top-tier schools and few safeties.

Shix, I’m a LM > 80 and applied to 16 schools. So far, I feel like my interviews have been going decently well, though. I guess the moral of the story is not to think you’re secure until you have an acceptance.

Still complete silence from this school? Seems like the NY schools (i.e. + ICAHN) really are taking their time this year.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Still complete silence from this school? Seems like the NY schools (i.e. + ICAHN) really are taking their time this year.

Yeah, same with Columbia, too. NYU is on their shix, though. Cornell/Columbia/Icahn are taking their sweet time...

How many waves do schools normally send out approx? Like closer to 4-5 waves?

Comparing this year's interview tracker to last year's -- last year, NYU started sending out IIs on 7/23 and sent out IIs on at least 9 subsequent dates (what I consider "waves"). This year, NYU has so far only sent out IIs on 9/1 and 9/28, with perhaps a few in August.

The limitation of this study was the use of the interview tracker as the only source ;)

Got rejected from TRI-I CORNELL MD/PhD this morning... transferring to be considered for their MD program. Has anyone ever been successful with this process?

• Care
How do the people who have interviewed here feel about it? I have mine tomorrow and I’m not super sure about what to expect.
I was complete Early August and got the IIlast week!

How do the people who have interviewed here feel about it? I have mine tomorrow and I’m not super sure about what to expect.
I was complete Early August and got the IIlast week!

Wow II last week for interview this week. They really haven't sent many IIs out huh

Wow II last week for interview this week. They really haven't sent many IIs out huh
Yeah I was pretty shocked too, it was for the MD pathway if anyone is interested!

II this morning! 516 MCAT, 3.84 GPA, OOS, ORM. Complete 7/20.

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
II here as well! LM 71 (High GPA / Low MCAT)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
II! I'm really shocked. Complete 7/22.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users