2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No you have to meet NYS residency requirements which means you are not a student and have lived in the state. Otherwise all M2s and up would be getting in state tuition.
Gotcha. Yea some medical schools allow all out of state students to qualify for in state tuition after the first year due to more lenient residency rules.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got the A

Interviewed 2/18 & 2/21

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
GOT THE A! My first one, so relieved!!!

interviewed 2/22 and 2/23, Got an email this morning! So happy!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!!! How high up is UB on ur list? hehe (asking for the WL heads)
to keep it a stack, I will prob will have to withdraw this A.
I really love UB, but I'm a family member's health proxy so I gotta be closer to home.
I really hope you get that A soon!!!🤞🤞

Congrats! Were you emailed or called?
emailed only

Reactions: 1 user
to keep it a stack, I will prob will have to withdraw this A.
I really love UB, but I'm a family member's health proxy so I gotta be closer to home.
I really hope you get that A soon!!!🤞🤞

emailed only
Lmao KEEP IT A STACK - i like u.

thanks for the heads up. good luck doc.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations to those who got accepted, and keep the faith strong for those still waiting! Below is the accepted students groupme:

GroupMe

Soooo do we think we’ll hear anything this week?

Emailed admissions and they said “most likely won’t see movement until mid to late may”, hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah it seems like they're gonna do late II's before they touch the WL (which makes sense). Prob let you guys know w/ like a few weeks before the April 30th deadline, then take some time to see how yield plays out, then touch the WL.

Fingers crossed!

anybody receive financial aid yet?

Does Buffalo send anything in the mail regarding decisions or is it all over email?

Is Buffalo receptive to Letters of intent? I know they accept updates but I'm not sure about LOIs

Is Buffalo receptive to Letters of intent? I know they accept updates but I'm not sure about LOIs
Yes, they accept them. I haven't heard anything that makes me believe it could positively impact your ranking on WL, but it won't hurt to send a thoughtful LOI.

JUST GOT THE A VIA EMAIL WJDKRKEHDKSH

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know how to withdraw/who to contact? Hope my spot goes to someone on the waitlist soon!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else who interviewed and has had radio silence ever since? This is so weird and different from previous years… you used to get a decision within a week.

Anyone else who interviewed and has had radio silence ever since? This is so weird and different from previous years… you used to get a decision within a week.
When did you interview? Someone on here mentioned that they were told it may take longer for a decision for the last interviewees because they are also going over the WL to make final decisions.

When did you interview? Someone on here mentioned that they were told it may take longer for a decision for the last interviewees because they are also going over the WL to make final decisions.
3/4, 3/5. I guess I was just hopeful about hearing back before putting a $2,000 deposit down on an apartment in a different town haha. If I could at least know whether I was waitlisted or not, I could make an informed decision. But that’s the game, I suppose.

Anybody know how long it takes to be added to the accepted students fb page? I requested to join like 10 days ago and its still pending 😅

i think next week since thats when people can only hold one acceptance so a lot of spots open up
I emailed the Admissions team and they said around mid/late may. May 2nd is the deadline for ppl to commit, but there's some lag bc schools need to get together and speak around who/when to offer or something :)

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my A, Good luck to all the homies!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed 3/30 in person accepted today. First A after being on 5 waitlist. what a relief

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
interviewed first week of March and got the A today!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone received any financial aid packages?

After receiving the A today, I am trying to decide between schools in light of today's plan to enroll deadline. It seems nuts to have to make this decision without any idea how much aid I might receive.