2021-2022 Buffalo (Jacobs)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
On the WL as well. Nothin yet on my end :)

Members don't see this ad.

What’s the WL movement like here? Anybody know? I’ve heard it’s a good WL to be on, but when looking at last years thread there didn’t seem to be much movement

Reactions: 1 users
What’s the WL movement like here? Anybody know? I’ve heard it’s a good WL to be on, but when looking at last years thread there didn’t seem to be much movement
I’ve heard like 50% of the class comes off the waitlist although I’m not sure how true that is

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I’ve heard like 50% of the class comes off the waitlist although I’m not sure how true that is
That was true in the years leading up to 2020-2021. Last year there was little to no WL movement, remains to be seen if that is a fluke or simply the new reality.

That was true in the years leading up to 2020-2021. Last year there was little to no WL movement, remains to be seen if that is a fluke or simply the new reality.
I don't know how true that is, if you look at the thread there seemed to be a healthy amount of WL movement. I'd check with the admissions team if there was a drop last year! fwiw, the number of apps was 6k last year, and 4.9k this year. They still interviewed about 600, so there may not be an increase, but I like to be hopeful :)

I don't know how true that is, if you look at the thread there seemed to be a healthy amount of WL movement. I'd check with the admissions team if there was a drop last year! fwiw, the number of apps was 6k last year, and 4.9k this year. They still interviewed about 600, so there may not be an increase, but I like to be hopeful :)
From what I remember, there was some movement in December (which is why I was hoping we would see some then) and then pretty much nothing else. I may be wrong about this but I think that this year there will be more movement than last year (no real reason just vibes and dreams lol).

From what I remember, there was some movement in December (which is why I was hoping we would see some then) and then pretty much nothing else. I may be wrong about this but I think that this year there will be more movement than last year (no real reason just vibes and dreams lol).
there was movement in dec, some in may and then a bit in june :) as a traumatized fmr member of this wl lolol, hoping its more this year, who knows! good luck everyone :)

Hey everyone! I just got accepted off the WL today 5/6! Best of luck to everyone on the WL movement is coming!!!

Does anybody have any information for the accepted students groups? Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey everyone! I just got accepted off the WL today 5/6! Best of luck to everyone on the WL movement is coming!!!

Does anybody have any information for the accepted students groups? Thanks!
Did you get off just now?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone have a sense of WL movement? I was told by the admissions team we wouldn’t see much until mid May, then someone got off Friday lol. Praying!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have a sense of WL movement? I was told by the admissions team we wouldn’t see much until mid May, then someone got off Friday lol. Praying!
I realllllly hope we hear something this week 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Just got the A off the WL. I’m in utter disbelief, feel like I’m dreaming. I’m scared to call family in case it’s a mistake.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Just got the A off the WL. I’m in utter disbelief, feel like I’m dreaming. I’m scared to call family in case it’s a mistake.
Congrats that’s amazing!!! When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And did you send a LOI?

Congrats future doc! Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. Check your CYMS and that should eliminate all of your worries. :)

Congrats that’s amazing!!! When did you interview if you don’t mind me asking? And did you send a LOI?
Thank you! I interviewed in October and was placed on the WL in November. I did not send an LOI or any updates.

Congrats future doc! Take a deep breath and enjoy the moment. Check your CYMS and that should eliminate all of your worries. :)
Thank you! That's exactly what I did... we're all good haha.

Is there an accepted student group? Also, does Buffalo send swag?

Is there an accepted student group? Also, does Buffalo send swag?
Congrats! There is a student group you will get an email about it in a couple of days. No swag just an official acceptance letter in the mail

Accepted students, anybody else know other ways of finding roommates? Not having luck with the short list on the excel sheet. I’m also not from the area and have no idea where I can find roommates. Any help is appreciated :)

Anyone else have trouble paying the deposit? I filled out the form, but it won't let me proceed to payment. Keeps saying "Your payment cannot be accepted at this time."

Is anyone else discouraged by the limited movement? Feeling defeated

• Care
Interviewed 3/23, waitlisted 4/27, just got the email about getting off the WL!! This is my first A so feeling very grateful!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Interviewed 3/23, waitlisted 4/27, just got the email about getting off the WL!! This is my first A so feeling very grateful!
Crongrats!! I also got off the waitlist today. I interviewed 12/8 and waitlisted 12/10. This was also my first A and I am so excited and relieved!

• Love
How are we feeling ab continued WL movement? Idk when to give up hope lol... interviewed in August so feeling quite defeated

• Care
Withdrew my A. Hopefully it goes to one of you lovely people! Good luck!

• Love
Withdrew my A! Had some scholarship money too! Hope the spot goes to one of you!!

A!!!! Off the waitlist after 6pm, IS, interviewed October/ WL in November. Couldn’t be more excited!

• Love
Just got my A!! Off the waitlist at 6 pm yesterday. Interviewed in March, WL in April. So happy!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted yesterday after nearly 7 months on the waitlist! interviewed in late November. Beyond grateful for this opportunity :)

Reactions: 5 users
Is there a groupme for accepted students?

The groupme is posted in the facebook group! It's one of the earlier posts but if you search "groupme" in the group you should be able to find it!

Just got an A after interviewing in.. ready for it... August. Screaming/crying/shaking right now. Had already submitted my primary app for the next cycle and mentally adjusted to a second gap year but anything is possible :oops:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an A after interviewing in.. ready for it... August. Screaming/crying/shaking right now. Had already submitted my primary app for the next cycle and mentally adjusted to a second gap year but anything is possible :oops:
Congratulations! It's a long wait and I can definitely relate to the reaction but you made it!! Good luck future doctor!