2021-2022 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pathways & HST R.

Had one of my interviewers tell me no matter the result, I should be proud of how far I've gotten and what I've managed to do with my life so far. And not gonna lie, hearing that from a MassGen department head felt really validating. Congrats to everyone who got in, and good luck in med school!

(Also thanks @Orims for all the advice & support!)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R received 11:34 AM - expected. Congrats to all, you’ll be amazing doctors! Excited that I’m able to make my final decision now :) good job & good luck everyone can’t wait to work w y’all 🥳
Why were you expecting to be rejected? Bad interview? Also rejected.

Has anyone still not heard anything at all?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everyone who got accepted! This may be a silly question but those who also were nominated for the REACH scholarship, does anyone know the value of the award? I’m trying to predict how much aid I can count on if best case scenario were to occur :)

Congrats everyone who got accepted! This may be a silly question but those who also were nominated for the REACH scholarship, does anyone know the value of the award? I’m trying to predict how much aid I can count on if best case scenario were to occur :)
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is dependent on individual financial need.

Pathways A ~10:15am!! Super thankful 😌

• Love
R earlier today. Bummed but I’m excited about my other options!

M1 here again: Huge congratulations to everyone who was accepted!

hi!! Since it's need-based, i think in the BEST case scenario, it'll be a full-tuition scholarship.

hi!! Since it's need-based, i think in the BEST case scenario, it'll be a full-tuition scholarship.
The general “HMS scholarship” covers all of of tuition and fees for a full need student. In this situation, I believe whatever amount of REACH is applied to COL and other expenses.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The general “HMS scholarship” covers all of of tuition and fees for a full need student. In this situation, I believe whatever amount of REACH is applied to COL and other expenses.
Thank you for the correction I actually didn't know this, that's awesome! Does every student get the HMS scholarship or is it on a need basis as you stated?

Thank you for the correction I actually didn't know this, that's awesome! Does every student get the HMS scholarship or is it on a need basis as you stated?
I believe everyone “gets it” or atleast their need is evaluated if they apply for need based fin aid (again someone please correct me if I’m wrong) but that the amount varies dependent on financial need.
Getting this info from the link below.

Last edited:
Got the R! Its lit! :cat::cat::cat:

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R. Complete mid-July. Then again, did I ever have a chance?? Oh well, I’m printing out my HMS rejection letter and putting it on my fridge to show my rejection pride.

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R, saw it coming from a mile away lol. Good luck everyone else!

• Care
Pre-II R, saw it coming from a mile away lol. Good luck everyone else!
+1

On the bright side, my collection of rejection letters is turning out to be prettay, prettay, pretty good. Might list it as a hobby for next year's application cycle

Pre-II R, finally I can unwatch the thread 😌

just to double check for the pre matriculation reqs… does anyone know if HMS requires biochem lab ? it just says 2 year sequence with lab experience so it seems a bit vague. I also don’t know any school that makes you do biochem as a lab…

just to double check for the pre matriculation reqs… does anyone know if HMS requires biochem lab ? it just says 2 year sequence with lab experience so it seems a bit vague. I also don’t know any school that makes you do biochem as a lab…
Yeah

withdrew from HMS today, was not the right fit for me but hope the spot goes to one of you lovely folks !

Do we know when waitlist movement will begin this week or has it already started?

Just got off the WAITLIST AT 10:30 AM EST!
Congratulations!!! If you're planning on joining the Facebook or GroupMe for accepted students, would you mind sharing with us if there are fellow students who were accepted off the waitlist earlier than you (last week)? Just trying to get a sense of whether we're already in the mid/tail end of waitlist movement and adjust my expectations accordingly :,)

Congratulations!!! If you're planning on joining the Facebook or GroupMe for accepted students, would you mind sharing with us if there are fellow students who were accepted off the waitlist earlier than you (last week)? Just trying to get a sense of whether we're already in the mid/tail end of waitlist movement and adjust my expectations accordingly :,)
I believe they just started.