2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also recently withdrew

Members don't see this ad.

Any reason why you guys are deciding to withdraw from Harvard?

Pretty surprised to see so many withdraw their WL's when they don't give out so many of them!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Pretty surprised to see so many withdraw their WL's when they don't give out so many of them!
I just found that a few others schools that I was fortunate enough to be accepted at had student culture, clinical experiences and academic/research opportunities that I felt were stronger than HMS. I also felt that HMS was much less caring for their students both financially and mentor-wise compared to other schools, but it’s a great school nonetheless. Just wasn’t for me.

I thought they were withdrawing their A’s but I could be wrong😅

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew here, best of luck to those on the WL!!

Wanted to clarify and elaborate! Withdrew my A from pathways for similar reasons as someone else (patient population, community work, student culture, etc did not fully align with my needs/interests) BUT I mostly withdrew because I didn’t want to live in the northeast anymore!

Reactions: 2 users
also withdrew from pathways in order to be close to my family :)

I just found that a few others schools that I was fortunate enough to be accepted at had student culture, clinical experiences and academic/research opportunities that I felt were stronger than HMS. I also felt that HMS was much less caring for their students both financially and mentor-wise compared to other schools, but it’s a great school nonetheless. Just wasn’t for me.
100%, people often get too caught up with just the name

Likewise! Withdrew because of better fit (curriculum, student body, patient population, community) and better opportunities for me (research, faculty, community outreach) personally at another school, and I felt like I could thrive better elsewhere.

Likewise! Withdrew because of better fit (curriculum, student body, patient population, community) and better opportunities for me (research, faculty, community outreach) personally at another school, and I felt like I could thrive better elsewhere.
+1

Members don't see this ad :)
Reconsulted their COA budget and their off campus living allowance is an affront to God for anyone moving with a Wife/Kids. It’s one of the lowest living allowances (15k) for one of the most expensive areas in the country. It’s like they’re trying to not have anyone with a dependent go there

• Sad
Just withdrew as well from Pathways, sending good vibes to those on the WL! <3
Withdrew my A because of 1.) a massive difference in need-based financial aid package sizes, and 2.) wanting to be in the same city as my partner. Hard choice but right one for me in the end

Reconsulted their COA budget and their off campus living allowance is an affront to God for anyone moving with a Wife/Kids. It’s one of the lowest living allowances (15k) for one of the most expensive areas in the country. It’s like they’re trying to not have anyone with a dependent go there
Felt the same. Seems like they're self-selecting for a very high income, dependent-less class.

Felt the same. Seems like they're self-selecting for a very high income, dependent-less class.
My thought was that they want all their med students to get with each other to strengthen the ivory tower. That's the only reason that I can think of for why they asked for marital status on the secondaries:cautious:. Shove a bunch of singles in one building haha

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone know if waitlist movement happens in waves? @zestyzigzagoon CONGRATS! Question - How many days were you given to respond back? Any more ppl coming off of the waitlist? Plz post for us folks waiting! Thanks!

Does anyone know if waitlist movement happens in waves? @zestyzigzagoon CONGRATS! Question - How many days were you given to respond back? Any more ppl coming off of the waitlist? Plz post for us folks waiting! Thanks!
Thank you! And I was given a week to respond. Idk about further WL movement tho :/

From what I've seen on past threads, there's one small wave at the beginning of May and then silence after :/. But I'm gonna hold out hope nonetheless lmao.

Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood i’ll receive an A off the pathways WL? It’s mid-May, 2 weeks after the deadline to commit to 1 school, so i’m not sure if I should lower my expectations of receiving anything.

Does anyone have any insight on the likelihood i’ll receive an A off the pathways WL? It’s mid-May, 2 weeks after the deadline to commit to 1 school, so i’m not sure if I should lower my expectations of receiving anything.
I've honestly lost hope

• Sad
I was admitted off WL and missed a bunch of the info sessions because of that. Does anyone know the deadline for submitting loan adjustment / applying for grad plus loans after receiving the financial aid award? I can't find anything on the financial aid site or canvas page

• Love
I was admitted off WL and missed a bunch of the info sessions because of that. Does anyone know the deadline for submitting loan adjustment / applying for grad plus loans after receiving the financial aid award? I can't find anything on the financial aid site or canvas page
Congrats! When/which program?

I would definitely email and setup a call with financial aid office. Can PM me if you need help finding emails