2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry yall my messages did not load all of the updates to this thread. Maybe it was a spam since so many of us got the email with <<First_Name>>. Lots of grammar mistakes in the email too

Members don't see this ad.

I was accepted and got the First_Name email lol

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ayooo that makes me feel better
I got this email today but I am accepted at the location I interviewed with, didn’t apply for Bradenton. Also given how it’s formatted, it seems like an email sent in error. I don’t think anyone should take it as a sign of anything, other than they have a masters program lol.

Reactions: 1 user
So on my pathway selection form, I put down Elmira as my top choice (I interviewed for that campus so it made sense at the time) however I've been doing more research recently and I feel like I would be a better fit at the Erie campus. Would it be a bad idea to email admissions and say that I want to rank Erie 1st, and Elmira 2nd? Has anyone done this before?
It seems like Eerie has less seats remaining, so I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to list them first if Elmira offered you the interview. Well, unless you have another A and wouldn’t go to LECOM unless it was at the Erie location.

At my info session, I remember them mentioning that some students ask for a campus location swap I think after classes start and can sometimes grant these. So it could be possible to swap later… though that may be challenging with housing depending on your situation.

So on my pathway selection form, I put down Elmira as my top choice (I interviewed for that campus so it made sense at the time) however I've been doing more research recently and I feel like I would be a better fit at the Erie campus. Would it be a bad idea to email admissions and say that I want to rank Erie 1st, and Elmira 2nd? Has anyone done this before?
OMS-1 at LECOM.

This happens all the time (and sometimes multiple times). There's no harm in contacting admissions and letting them know that you'd like to rearrange your rankings. However, keep in mind that they will offer you a seat wherever they see fit, which could be at any campus/pathway anywhere (even ones you didn't rank at all).

Reactions: 1 users
It seems like Eerie has less seats remaining, so I’m not sure if it’s a good idea to list them first if Elmira offered you the interview. Well, unless you have another A and wouldn’t go to LECOM unless it was at the Erie location.

At my info session, I remember them mentioning that some students ask for a campus location swap I think after classes start and can sometimes grant these. So it could be possible to swap later… though that may be challenging with housing depending on your situation.
Erie has the most seats of any of the 4 campuses so is typically "easier" to get into just because of number. That said, Erie also is the only campus with all learning pathways (the others are strictly PBL).

Any idea when the AL movement will start?

Just wondering, did everyone on the AL receive that urgent email (elmira campus)?
I did, it just said don't respond if you want to continue to be on the wait-list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wondering, did everyone on the AL receive that urgent email (elmira campus)?
Well mine said LECOM-Erie but then Suzanne from Elmira signed off on it. I’m wondering if it’s for the Erie campus or Elmira campus at this point.

Well mine said LECOM-Erie but then Suzanne from Elmira signed off on it. I’m wondering if it’s for the Erie campus or Elmira campus at this point.
The "Erie" campus includes the three branches from Erie, Elmira, and Seton Hill. It's all under one umbrella (organizationally speaking).

Then Bradenton is its own entity.

Reactions: 2 users
Had my info session 4/1 -when would be an appropriate time to send my letter of intent? Was thinking some time this week but don’t want to be premature. Also, do I send it to Lisa or are there other instructions about who to send it to that I’m not aware of?

The "Erie" campus includes the three branches from Erie, Elmira, and Seton Hill. It's all under one umbrella (organizationally speaking).

Then Bradenton is its own entity.
Thank you for the clarification. 😊

• Care
FYI to anyone who got the masters email lol
1649687966562.png

I was being neurotic and scavenged through last year's thread. It appears that their WL didn't start moving until May 24th. It looks like we might be 6ish weeks ahead of schedule. I hope this means extra movement for all of us. GL to everyone on the WL <3

Reactions: 5 users
highly recommend signing up for a 1on1 with admissions at lecom elmira! really helps get to know them and the school on a personal level. they can answer any questions, and it puts a face to our application! they said that is really important when they go back through their waitlist to be able to recall these meetings.

highly recommend signing up for a 1on1 with admissions at lecom elmira! really helps get to know them and the school on a personal level. they can answer any questions, and it puts a face to our application! they said that is really important when they go back through their waitlist to be able to recall these meetings.
how do you sign up for it?

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Do you guys know how many people are typically in an information session?

Got the pre-interview rejection today, after I emailed admission to ask if the unwaitlisted applicant can submit a letter of intent yesterday. Bradenton didn't send a definitive answer after secondary. Applied for both in late February.

• Care
Got the pre-interview rejection today, after I emailed admission to ask if the unwaitlisted applicant can submit a letter of intent yesterday. Bradenton didn't send a definitive answer after secondary. Applied for both in late February.

Same here, I called them today to ask if I can send a pre-interview update letter and they gave me the details to do so. Then I got the R email a few hours later

Did all AL folks get the Alternate List Confirmation email last week? Or was that only certain people?

Can anyone who recently has been accepted this year or have been a part of the process, message me their number? I just want to call and talk to someone :)

Same here, I called them today to ask if I can send a pre-interview update letter and they gave me the details to do so. Then I got the R email a few hours later
Now that I think about it, a pre-interview letter is prob a huge red flag, as it can be perceived as being desperate and out of options instead of showing commitment. Good luck with your other applications!

Now that I think about it, a pre-interview letter is prob a huge red flag, as it can be perceived as being desperate and out of options instead of showing commitment. Good luck with your other applications!
An update letter prior to interview is great as long as you actually have things to update them about.

At the DO fair today they said "alternate at one campus does not mean you have been placed as an alternate at the other campuses". She also said "With more schools and the with applicants having the ability to interview at several dozen schools because of the virtual format, there will be more movement than ever," for the waitlist... so stay hopeful!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
For those of us on the alternate list that received the urgent email, I hope we receive a decision before May 1st. Personally, I’d hate to pay two $2000 deposits.

For those of us on the alternate list that received the urgent email, I hope we receive a decision before May 1st. Personally, I’d hate to pay two $2000 deposits.
I doubt they would make you send in the deposit twice. I think they just meant if the decision is before May you have a little wiggle room. If it's after May you have to do it sooner. And I think they'd understand if you sent in your acceptance and told them the deposit was on the way if you were told before May and they still haven't received it by May (as long it's within the window).

I doubt they would make you send in the deposit twice. I think they just meant if the decision is before May you have a little wiggle room. If it's after May you have to do it sooner. And I think they'd understand if you sent in your acceptance and told them the deposit was on the way if you were told before May and they still haven't received it by May (as long it's within the window).
I apologize. I should have been more clear in my previous post. LECOM wouldn’t make me send them two deposits. I’m referring to the other program I’m accepted at already. It’s a $2000 non-refundable deposit due May 1st— no exceptions.

I apologize. I should have been more clear in my previous post. LECOM wouldn’t make me send them two deposits. I’m referring to the other program I’m accepted at already. It’s a $2000 non-refundable deposit due May 1st— no exceptions.
Oh yeah, that is the downside

Id scroll through the thread to find interview info. Questions were different for everyone and I believe some privacy thing was enacted so we cant talk about it.
I have an information session and interview coming up and was wondering what type of questions are asked in the interview portion, like any ethical questions or curve ball questions?