2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Erie, Pennsylvania)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
another week of obsessively checking my phone for an admission decision :dead: Best of luck to everyone still waiting!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. Did anyone send a letter of intent to LECOM? If so, who did you send it to?

Received post interview R over the weekend after 4/1 info session. Best of luck to all of you!

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just check today or did you check yesterday, too? Mine updated yesterday, and I’ve been checking my email nonstop like crazy.
You know, I don’t think I checked yesterday. I noticed it today tho!

Oh no, I’m checking my email for the decision lol. I noticed for some people, they send it out a couple of days after the portal changes.
Same, been a week since the 14 day update for me and haven’t received an email and nothing in the mail so far. Longest 14 days of my life

Just got off the WL at my home school so I will be removing myself from the LECOM WL (for both PA and FL). Best of luck to everyone here!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Oye this is the longest wait. I keep refreshing my emails o_O excited but scared, if that makes any sense

Reactions: 1 users
Just got AL for 4/8 info session. I know this has been mentioned before, but is there truly a difference between AL/WL? Are there people from Elmira receiving WL rather than AL?

Just got AL for 4/8 info session. I know this has been mentioned before, but is there truly a difference between AL/WL? Are there people from Elmira receiving WL rather than AL?
Not sure. I would think it is the same but idk. Did you get the 14 day message?

Has anyone heard back from the 4/26 session at SE yet? Got the decision made status update in my portal around yesterday which seemed too quick. Don't know if that speed is good or bad.

Has anyone heard back from the 4/26 session at SE yet? Got the decision made status update in my portal around yesterday which seemed too quick. Don't know if that speed is good or bad.
30 or 14 day message?

I’ve read on SDN that an admission decision with 14 days and being less than a month from your info sesh is good

I’ve read on SDN that an admission decision with 14 days and being less than a month from your info sesh is good
It was the 14 day message and literally like 2 days after admin said they sent the materials in for review. IDK if anyone else has had this experience before. I'm assuming if I don't get any emails within a few days then it's a rejection in mail form?

AL is the same thing as WL. They use the terms interchangeably.

Oye this is the longest wait. I keep refreshing my emails o_O excited but scared, if that makes any sense
I feel you, I received AL in the first week of January and have been patiently waiting. I keep looking at apt's up in Erie to keep my hopes up but I wish we'd know already 😫

It was the 14 day message and literally like 2 days after admin said they sent the materials in for review. IDK if anyone else has had this experience before. I'm assuming if I don't get any emails within a few days then it's a rejection in mail form?
Try to stay positive (I know it’s hard). Maybe they just really liked you 😄☺

i had a 4/12 info session. Heard back literally in less than 2 weeks, and was put on the waitlist, they jsut asked if I wanted to put any updates on my app then emphasized movement is happening

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else get a call from LECOM Elmira, to confirm interest?

i had a 4/12 info session. Heard back literally in less than 2 weeks, and was put on the waitlist, they jsut asked if I wanted to put any updates on my app then emphasized movement is happening
Did this communication come via email or phone? Also, did you send a letter of intent?

Phone call, and did not send a LOI.

Weird question for those who got accepted 😂…did you receive both an email and an actual letter, and what was the price of the postage stamp on your letter?

Last edited:
Hi. Those who have not been accepted or heard anything back- is the roommate forum under the admissions tab working for you? do you see all the posts under the roommate forum tab?

Hi. Those who have not been accepted or heard anything back- is the roommate forum under the admissions tab working for you? do you see all the posts under the roommate forum tab?

Just an FYI for prospective and current students, no one posts on there. Most folks turn to the Facebook groups for roommate searches.

Reactions: 1 users
Just an FYI for prospective and current students, no one posts on there. Most folks turn to the Facebook groups for roommate searches.
I was just wondering because i am waiting back for an admission decision and wanted to tell if that was an indicator that I was accepted lol

Do rejections come in the mail only or will they also email a rejection decision?

10 days since the portal changed to "decision made 14 days" status and no email or mail yet. Not sure if I should reach out at this point....

Is there a consensus on how LECOM views a letter of intent? I am on the AL and it was my only interview, so I have no leverage (that seems to be an important criterion for other schools).

I also do not have significant updates to my application, as I applied late and interviewed in April.

Just trying to gauge if it’s worth my time to send one or not.

Edit: Mostly concerned with it reflecting poorly on me (appearing desperate), if it’s not going to count as anything more than a reminder that I exist

Does anyone here know more info about the PCSP 3 year program at LECOM? I’m just curious about what it entails. I was reading more about it on the website and was wondering if you needed to commit to a certain hospital that they choose in Pennsylvania following graduation?

Does anyone here know more info about the PCSP 3 year program at LECOM? I’m just curious about what it entails. I was reading more about it on the website and was wondering if you needed to commit to a certain hospital that they choose in Pennsylvania following graduation?
I'm not in PCSP, but I study alongside them in DSP so we're part of the same pathway.

My understanding from a recent administrative update we had is that PCSP students are required to go into a LECOM-affiliated residency. The majority are in PA and surrounding areas but there are a few farther away. Here's a document with a list of the affiliated sites you could choose from.

Note that a common question/concern when considering PCSP is that you CANNOT go into pediatrics.

Attachments

• LECOM Affiliated Sites_Residencies Information.pdf
    662.8 KB · Views: 146
My son was accepted elsewhere and has removed his name from the LECOM waiting list. Good luck to all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just withdrew my seat so best of luck to all of you. Also if any student is look for housing via the LECOM system pm me and I will send the property managers info!

*Erie Campus

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Just withdrew my seat so best of luck to all of you. Also if any student is look for housing via the LECOM system pm me and I will send the property managers info!
For which campus did you withdraw from?