2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if SBU doesnt give us interview, they r rotten eggs...... (would that work??)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have under their rec letters this:
Screen Shot 2021-08-13 at 2.37.34 PM.png

What does the Do Not Send Flag mean?

Accidentally scheduled another interview that has a welcome session the same day of my interview here. Anyone know the interview day timeline/itinerary?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an II!! Complete 7/2, 512 MCAT, 3.52 cGPA, OOS URM

Reactions: 6 users
II 1 hour ago! LM 77, OOS, ORM. Complete 7/4.

Reactions: 2 users
II just now! OOS, ORM. Complete 07/01.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
II today! Canadian, LM 76, complete 07/05.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats everyone! For the people who received interviews, did you make your secondaries school specific to Stony Brook? I was just rereading my secondaries and realized that I didn't mention Stony Brook anywhere and am worried thats an automatic R

Congrats everyone! For the people who received interviews, did you make your secondaries school specific to Stony Brook? I was just rereading my secondaries and realized that I didn't mention Stony Brook anywhere and am worried thats an automatic R

I only made one of my responses school-specific, and even then it was only an added sentence or two. I wouldn't worry about it! :)

II just received. 74 LM (high mcat low gpa), IS, ORM, Complete on 7/29. Looks like 2 standard virtual interviews.

• Love
I received an II the other day, OOS. I briefly mentioned the school in one essay, so I wouldn't be too worried! If they wanted us to write about why Stony Brook, they probably would've asked that on the secondary.

I did not mention the school at all in my secondary

I didn’t know that this school was named after Renaissance Technologies (greatest performing hedge fund in history). Interesting

II today! IS, ORM, LM 73, 4Q Casper (if it matters), complete on 8/2

Anyone have a schedule for what the interview day looks like??

• Love
II today! IS, ORM, LM 73, 4Q Casper (if it matters), complete on 8/2

Anyone have a schedule for what the interview day looks like??
CONGRATS!!! It's just two (I think 1 hour?) interviews! They said they'll provide separate info sessions as the cycle goes on

Do you guys think CASPER is important to Stony Brook?

Reactions: 1 user
II today! IS, ORM, and LM 73. Complete early July

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
II 9/16

IS applicant LM score 71 ORM. Complete early august. 3rd quartile casper

• Love
Seemingly not a lot of interview movement at the time. Does anyone know if this is standard?

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
II just now
IS complete 8/4

EDIT: MD/MPH applicant

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
II an hour ago!! IS URM Complete 7/20

• Care