2021-2022 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone who's already interviewed her have any information on what the interview was like?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone who's already interviewed her have any information on what the interview was like?
Two 30 min faculty interviews, or 1 faculty and 1 student interview! Relatively chill but make sure to know your app well.

Reactions: 2 users
Anybody complete 7/17 or earlier not hear back? Does anybody know if Stony reviews apps in chronological order?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does interview day include info sessions? Or is it only the two 30min interviews? If someone could share when the interview day starts and ends, that would be great!

Does interview day include info sessions? Or is it only the two 30min interviews? If someone could share when the interview day starts and ends, that would be great!
Just two interviews with the opportunity to attend info sessions in the subsequent days (they run on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Since there is no interview "day," the start and end will be variable and different for each applicant

• Love
Just two interviews with the opportunity to attend info sessions in the subsequent days (they run on Tuesdays and Thursdays). Since there is no interview "day," the start and end will be variable and different for each applicant
Thank you for letting me know!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Yo im shookkkkk. im legit at work right now just in complete SHOCKKKK
thank you!!!! :') you next !
i finally got the stony brook II BUT THE EARLIEST OPTION IS IN DECEMBER AHHH

are December interviews considered late?

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
i finally got the stony brook II BUT THE EARLIEST OPTION IS IN DECEMBER AHHH

are December interviews considered late?
YOOOO LET'S GOOO!!!!! I think you're right on time homie!! I know a student who goes there currently that didn't interview until January. Go kill that interview you'll do great :)))

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Two 30 min faculty interviews, or 1 faculty and 1 student interview! Relatively chill but make sure to know your app well.
My friend is confused. He has 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer.

So 1 30 min. with the faculty + 1 30 min. with the student?

Wdym by relatively chill? this is his only II so far so TIA!!!

My friend is confused. He has 1 faculty and 1 student interviewer.

So 1 30 min. with the faculty + 1 30 min. with the student?

Wdym by relatively chill? this is his only II so far so TIA!!!
Hey! Yeah so I personally had two faculty interviews but ik others (your friend included!) who have had 1 faculty and 1 student interview! So in this case yes, unless they changed anything in the past month, your friend will have a 30 min interview w the faculty and 30 min with the student.

It was chill in that I didn't feel like I was being grilled, but it was also less conversational because you have only 30 min for the interviewer to get to know you, your motivations for attending stony, and motivations for becoming a doc. I personally reviewed my primary/secondary, then used the stony brook sdn interview page for practice and I felt like that did the job (IDK RESULTS YET BUT I HOPE THIS IS THE CASE LOL)

Does anyone know if we hear decisions on the 15th if we've already interviewed? Or if it's a 6-8 weeks sort of thing?

II this morning! Earliest interview date Mid-December. Does anyone know if that's too late or know of anyone who interviewed that late in the past and got in? Sorry this is my top choice MD school but I don't want to get too excited if there's no hope.

Members don't see this ad :)
II this morning! Earliest interview date Mid-December. Does anyone know if that's too late or know of anyone who interviewed that late in the past and got in? Sorry this is my top choice MD school but I don't want to get too excited if there's no hope.
Would you mind saying when you were complete?

im also scheduled for mid december, and I'm sure people have gotten in from our time. december isn't early by any means but it isn't late @PreMed1786682

I get mixed responses but I don't know if early interviews influence the decision (if I am wrong please let me know lol). December still seems pretty early to me, not gonna lie. I am interviewing a week from today but I think you are alright. Can't change the placement of your interview, be thankful you got one and knock it out of the park.

• Care
II this morning (submitted 8/24 with confirmed complete on 9/5)! Only interview dates available were in the first week of January...

Reactions: 1 users
I get mixed responses but I don't know if early interviews influence the decision (if I am wrong please let me know lol). December still seems pretty early to me, not gonna lie. I am interviewing a week from today but I think you are alright. Can't change the placement of your interview, be thankful you got one and knock it out of the park.
Current M1, I interviewed in late January. You will be fine! I have many friends here who interviewed in January/February.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
When did you interview?
I am interviewing tomorrow (10/15). I went to the information session today and she said to expect a reply 6 weeks from your interview and they are starting to send them out tomorrow

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew from consideration today. Best of luck to y'all!

Reactions: 5 users
ACCEPTED!!! my absolute top choice, i never even thought i would get an interview i cannot believe it!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This might be a really silly question, but for accepted folks, is the "If you wish to secure your place in this class" stuff binding? I'm not really sure I understand what this is supposed to be. Thanks!

Alright fellow accepted fam - first of all: congrats! second of all: what is this email of intention to enroll supposed to look like exactly?

Congrats to everyone that got accepted today. Did any of you interview toward after the 27th and hear back?

Awesome, thanks! This is non-binding I assume?
Yeah, from my understanding this is just you saying you are interested in enrolling and accept their offer, you dont commit until may i believe, so you can still accept other places if you so choose.

Hey there. I was just curious. I completed my secondary on 08/24 and I'm OOS. I haven't heard anything yet. Should I assume that this is a silent rejection?

Got the acceptance email! Interviewed 9/27 literally shaking

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
For those of you who were invited to interview and have gone to the informational sessions, was it formal attire or casual?