2021 Pain Board Exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Passed by healthy margin. BVx2 with running word document of what I missed that I reviewed every week. Added Pain Exam 1 month before and did every question. Took time off between fellowship end and work start.

Members don't see this ad.

Passed by healthy margin. BVx2 with running word document of what I missed that I reviewed every week. Added Pain Exam 1 month before and did every question. Took time off between fellowship end and work start.
how do you know you passed by a healthy margin? what supporting document indicates that?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed. Did Board Vitals and Huntoon. Started 3 months out. Took extensive notes with BV and read through them few weeks before exam. For Huntoon, I went through the book twice trying to be as succinct as possible while collecting all the major info. Real exam I felt was a mix of both. I ended up marking like 80 questions as unsure on the exam so curious to see how I did, some stuff i looked up and got wrong was straight out of my study material. I thought i would end up with like a 55-65% and fail lol.

90% as well, test was weird, didn’t feel that I did as well as my report says, but I suppose most board exams feel that way

Started studying 3 months prior. Went through Huntoon and Board Vitals x2, with a running Google doc of my notes on every question. If I wasn't confident with an answer, I'd look up the topic and find the answer prior to answering. After going through twice, just studied my notes. Felt over prepared, which was nice compared to the alternative. Felt confident on maybe 75-80% of questions in the real thing.

Didn’t really study. I spent a few hours before the test skimming the pass machine stuff. Passed at 36th percentile but like 20ish questions clear of failing. 3 answer choices helped a lot.

Can someone tell us who took it in 2023 how many you could miss in your year and still pass please?

Scores just released and thankfully passed, I'd estimate you can miss about 40 and still squeeze by. Similar estimates from prior threads.