2022-2023 Johns Hopkins

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received II yesterday, scheduled for next week. I didn't expect it because it's such a reach school. Super excited but also worried because this is the most prestigious school I've had an II from šŸ˜Ø
You got this!!!!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else send thank you letters? I didnt get a confirmation of receipt, so I wonder if I sent them to the wrong email (did they not accept thank you letters?)

Did anyone else send thank you letters? I didnt get a confirmation of receipt, so I wonder if I sent them to the wrong email (did they not accept thank you letters?)
I sent them to the coordinator and got a response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received II yesterday, scheduled for next week. I didn't expect it because it's such a reach school. Super excited but also worried because this is the most prestigious school I've had an II from šŸ˜Ø
+1 !!!!! II a few days ago. Extremely happy and surprised. Are you interviewing on the 16th or 17th?

Also, for everyone else, any tips?? How was the interview experience for y'all? I'm a little nervous.

Reactions: 1 users
+1 !!!!! II a few days ago. Extremely happy and surprised. Are you interviewing on the 16th or 17th?

Also, for everyone else, any tips?? How was the interview experience for y'all? I'm a little nervous.
The 16th!

I did the same and also didnā€™t get a reply. Iā€™m guessing (and hoping) they received our notes but had too many emails to reply

Has anyone been able to create a guest account for the SIS (for financial aid purposes)? I have gone over the instructions but there is no link to start signing up - from what I understand we just have to wait for them to send an email with a link to sign up? Just making sure I am not missing something...
go to sis and log in with whatever email they sent the financial aid welcome email to!

• Care
  • Love
Has any MSTP heard back in Feb? There seems to be an acceptance wave looking at past posts.
I have not. Have you seen anything from anyone else?

I did the same and also didnā€™t get a reply. Iā€™m guessing (and hoping) they received our notes but had too many emails to reply
You will find that Hopkins is not the most organized of schools; don't be surprised if they acknowledge your note at some point in June or July.

II OOS just now! Scheduling into 2/23 and 2/24

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II just now. I submitted my secondary on the last day we could submit and wrote about whatever I wanted because I figured there was no way they'd read it. Wild times. Scheduling availability is for next week, yep.
Honestly same. I submitted on the last day as well šŸ˜‚

• Haha
II just now. Very confused, seems like there's a waitlist for interview and people are being pulled out...

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
II just now. Very confused, seems like there's a waitlist for interview and people are being pulled out...
I think they just interview late into the seasonā€”I submitted super late to this school and got a Jan II which they said would be a LATE MARCH decision. They also interview a relatively low amount of people in total relative to other top schools (not drastically lower, but lower) so maybe they just review slowly.

I got a confirmation! Its mainly because my interviewer requested something specific so I had to follow up

Wanted to ask, was there a cut off for update letters (i.e. 2 weeks after the interview)? Sent mine about a month after my interview via email

• Hmm
For those already on the WL, did they send any other emails with instructions? I did the financial aid stuff, but I haven't received any correspondence yet asking if I would like to stay on the WL.

For those already on the WL, did they send any other emails with instructions? I did the financial aid stuff, but I haven't received any correspondence yet asking if I would like to stay on the WL.
Not received mine either. I believe they said they would send it in April, but somebody else would need to confirm

Does anyone know which week/day March decisions will release? Scrolled through above but couldnā€™t find it and my interviewers just said ā€œabout a month from interview day.ā€ My brain cannot handle the stress of these late decisions lol

Does anyone know which week/day March decisions will release? Scrolled through above but couldnā€™t find it and my interviewers just said ā€œabout a month from interview day.ā€ My brain cannot handle the stress of these late decisions lol
I think they said late March at my interview day. On their website, they say late March/early April for the last round.

Looks like it's going to be around March 20s based on previous threads, no strict date. Their timeline does say late March/early April also

I think they said late March at my interview day. On their website, they say late March/early April for the last round.
Is it a rolling late March or probably one last wave for everyone? Interviewed in late Jan, could really use a win after this weeks slaughter of decisions

They should be released late March and are not rolling. Good luck y'all

I'm unbelievably bored

Okay so online it says around 25 people get off the wait-list, but it doesn't say how many are on the waitlist.

From sdn I got the following so far:
15- A
5- WL

The class of 2026 had 287 acceptances
There have been 2 waves of decisions so far with 1 more coming soon (?).
So I'm assuming that by the end of the cycle there are 23 A's and 8 WL's reported on SDN.
If 25 were accepted off the waitlist, that means 262 were accepted normally
That gives us a rate of 8.8% of people who report A's on SDN
This rate would give us 91 people waitlisted, or a 27% chance of getting in

However, I think the rate of people who report WL's is far lower than that of the A's, so I would say it's closer to 20%. Odds don't look the best, I think everyone hoping to get off the WL should start to post anti-baltimore propaganda to open up more slots

I also just realized that I probably should've used last year's SDN thread to be more accurate but oh well

Works cited:

1. https://students-residents.aamc.org/media/7056/download
2. Class Statistics
3. Fox45: Is Baltimore The Most Dangerous City in America?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Anybody know about WL updates/ letters of interest? I know they don't accept anything pre-II

Does Hopkins confirm receipt of post-II updates?
I got a confirmation email from Valerie Mazza for my post-II update letter. It took 3-4 days, although I did send it on a Friday afternoon.

Does anyone know if John Hopkins give you an iPad for accepted students?

Does anyone know if John Hopkins give you an iPad for accepted students?
No iPad, but if youā€™re experiencing financial difficulty, there are measures in place to ensure you have access to technology!

Are you certain regarding LOI? I've heard differing accounts regarding that they are anywhere from disregarded to frowned upon.
this is just my opinion, but it seems weird that hopkins would go and change someone's rank simply because they sent a LOI, if the waitlist was unranked then I could see LOI playing a part

this is just my opinion, but it seems weird that hopkins would go and change someone's rank simply because they sent a LOI, if the waitlist was unranked then I could see LOI playing a part
is this the case with updates, or is that unknown?

is this the case with updates, or is that unknown?
I have no idea really, maybe one of the current students can shed some light.

All I know is that the waitlist is ranked, and I'm guessing if you were already waitlisted then you already have your rank. So to me it doesn't really make sense that an update will change your rank? Like how would that work would the committee reconvene or something to discuss how to update the ranks of everyone who sent an update? idk

I have no idea really, maybe one of the current students can shed some light.

All I know is that the waitlist is ranked, and I'm guessing if you were already waitlisted then you already have your rank. So to me it doesn't really make sense that an update will change your rank? Like how would that work would the committee reconvene or something to discuss how to update the ranks of everyone who sent an update? idk
That totally makes sense. Iā€™m also confused how it works with waitlisted applicants in each wave. Am I better off since I got waitlisted during the first decision cycle, or will I be moved down as they waitlist better candidates? The uncertainty kills me. At least Harvard gave information like what the size of the waitlist is to help gauge our chances

That totally makes sense. Iā€™m also confused how it works with waitlisted applicants in each wave. Am I better off since I got waitlisted during the first decision cycle, or will I be moved down as they waitlist better candidates? The uncertainty kills me. At least Harvard gave information like what the size of the waitlist is to help gauge our chances
Yeah I wish they were more transparent, best of luck with everything tho

Itā€™s weird bc Hopkins used to do a high priority waitlist and a low priority waitlist type thing but they stopped doing it awhile agoā€¦ wish they kept it

any idea when these decisions are coming out? feels like forever lol