2022-2023 Washington University in St. Louis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just got an R via email

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No disrespect to washu but why is their way of releasing decisions SO bizarre this year
Like are they just diverging from the precedent to annoy us

Reactions: 2 users
WL just now. Decided to withdraw, hope others get good news!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Also got waitlisted today. Interviewed November 1

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
WL as well, anyone know when the WL people hear back?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Weird. Anyone not get a WL or post II R yet? No email updates here.

Edit: WL received

Last edited:
  • Care
Damn... WL no. 6 today

(Btw, is anyone writing stuff in the additional comments?)

• Care
WL just now. Did we ever get a firm answer as to whether or not WashU ever gives merit aid to people who get off the waitlist? The only reason I'd stay on the WL is for the possibility of negotiating for aid with my top choice

• Care
just got WL too, will be declining - sending good vibes to everyone waiting it out <3

• Care
Just got WL as well, how many people are even accepted off the waitlist normally?

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL just now. Did we ever get a firm answer as to whether or not WashU ever gives merit aid to people who get off the waitlist? The only reason I'd stay on the WL is for the possibility of negotiating for aid with my top choice
Just stalked last year's thread and one comment said they knew a couple people who got accepted off the waitlist who got scholarships, hopefully that's actually true

Also WL. I'm sad because I really thought these were my best interviews and that I would fit the culture so well. Grateful it's WL and not R, though.

Guess I'll be seeing more of you all here through May, at least! <3

• Care
For my homies accepted in the wave last week, when can we expect to hear about merit scholarships? Do any of yall know what the general dollar amount is that washU gives out? Worried that they might be out of funds or something for us late acceptees lol, i also hope they dont make us wait till late april or something

did they WL every single one of us?? confused tbh bc it kinda seems like it

WL, and I might add, the first paragraph reads alot like a rejection letter...

Reactions: 13 users
+1 for the waitlist. And I spent so many Wednesday nights at the info sessions to demonstrate interest :(

Do we have an idea about this ? Is the WL all 1k interviewees whom haven’t been accepted yet ? Just want to hav as accurate guesstimate of the odds as possible. :unsure: My msar expired, wasn’t WL size in there ?
Someone posted earlier today saying they got a post-II R, so there's probably more that aren't reported

+1 WL, Canadian who submitted July, interviewed late Oct - MSAR says WashU WL numbers vary and number of those accepted off WL is not provided. Basically we don’t know :unsure:

+1 🫡 is there even anything we can do at this point to make them want to take us off the waitlist
They do say that they like to see demonstrated interest so wouldn’t hurt to send a letter of interest or intent

WL. Withdrew because they left me pending for so long. They don't deserve my respect.

Just kidding, I don't want to live in Missouri lol

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
They do say that they like to see demonstrated interest so wouldn’t hurt to send a letter of interest or intent

What if I alr sent and letter of interest AND letter of intent lol. Should I just reiterate them ?

If you had an interview but no correspondence – no A, R, or WL - any speculation on what it means?

What if I alr sent and letter of interest AND letter of intent lol. Should I just reiterate them ?
Yeah I'm sure it couldn't hurt to reiterate interest - and maybe tag on any updates you have since the last letter too. I'm gonna do the same lol

Post-II R yesterday. This officially marks the end of my neurotic, 5x a day refreshing of this page... see y'all at SLU in July 🤠

• Care
If you had an interview but no correspondence – no A, R, or WL - any speculation on what it means?
That’s kind of strange, I thought in previous years that all remaining WL/R decisions came out on the same day. Was your portal not updated with anything? Could be worth emailing the office to check on your status

Anyone think it’s weird that they sent out WLs/Rs like one-two weeks earlier than they have done in the past couple of cycles? Do we think that means WL movement could happen earlier on???

Anyone think it’s weird that they sent out WLs/Rs like one-two weeks earlier than they have done in the past couple of cycles? Do we think that means WL movement could happen earlier on???
I personally feel like it's just random but I hope it means WL movement happens earlier!

So is the new curriculum mean competency/non competent for CLINICAL years aka the same as what a pass/fail clinical year is at Vanderbilt or Yale?

I need to know this because that is dictating my decision now…

Got my boyfriend to call admissions lol to ask if they are still giving out acceptances. The admissions lady said yes that it’s still an on-going process!! She also said to check our portal or voicemail for any notifications.
they didn't have to lie to scume's bf like that tho

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users