2022-2023 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an II today, been complete for a while since like August or something. It’s not over yet!!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Can anyone who has gone through the PSTP interview shed some light on its structure. We were told to prepare a 5 minute talk about our research, but how is the remaining 25 used?
Both my interviews were quite different. There is a research focus (eg asking follow-up questions on your research) so not as much space necessarily to talk about many other things like in a typical MD traditional interview, but that said, be prepared to talk about other areas of your application.

Reactions: 1 user
MSAR says the earliest acceptance notice is Jan 16. Based on past years, does anyone know how close to the MSAR reported date the actual earliest acceptance notice has been?

MSAR says the earliest acceptance notice is Jan 16. Based on past years, does anyone know how close to the MSAR reported date the actual earliest acceptance notice has been?
I think last year MSAR says Jan 15 and the actual date is Jan20, so I'm guessing this year will be Jan 19 or 20

Reactions: 1 users
Both my interviews were quite different. There is a research focus (eg asking follow-up questions on your research) so not as much space necessarily to talk about many other things like in a typical MD traditional interview, but that said, be prepared to talk about other areas of your application.
Thank you so much!!

Do we think PSTP-ers will hear back around then too? Or is that timeline later?
last year the first reported PSTP A was in early Feb, and given that the info session is scheduled after the putative MD decision date, I am guessing it will be early Feb for us. Lol should have applied straight MD this wait is gonna kill me. Can anyone who interviewed for PSTP recently weight in on that ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think last year MSAR says Jan 15 and the actual date is Jan20, so I'm guessing this year will be Jan 19 or 20
last year the first reported PSTP A was in early Feb, and given that the info session is scheduled after the putative MD decision date, I am guessing it will be early Feb for us. Lol should have applied straight MD this wait is gonna kill me. Can anyone who interviewed for PSTP recently weight in on that ?
I feel like this is right. I am very nervous. Fingers crossed though!

I assume one of them was why MD, why PSTP, why Discovery Curriculum while the other was very research heavy? Or were both a mix of why MD and tell us about your research?

Does anyone know whether in past years, the first wave of decisions have also included rejections? And are these decisions typically for applicants that interviewed in September/October?

Anyone know if we are going to hear back today? I know someone earlier mentioned Jan 16 from their interview and was curious if others also heard this.

Anyone know if we are going to hear back today? I know someone earlier mentioned Jan 16 from their interview and was curious if others also heard this.
it’s a holiday today so maybe not…not sure though. i didn’t hear anything about this from my interview

I haven't heard this either. Last year was Jan 20 tho, so there's a good chance we hear back this week.

They don’t always send out acceptances in waves, some applicants have already been admitted. But they do send out rejections in waves.

^ Straight from my conversation with the admissions office
Wait there were already acceptances sent out? For mstp or md?

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
They don’t always send out acceptances in waves, some applicants have already been admitted. But they do send out rejections in waves.

welp, was fun while it lasted

acceptances have already been sent out?

When was this conversation? They told me during my interview that acceptances won't be sent out until mid-late jan, which is consistent with how they've done things in prior years...

Reactions: 2 users
Pre-II R just now. Submitted 8/30. Good luck to everyone still in the game!!

• Care
Stanford’s starting to make me feel like a side chick. Never a no and never a yes.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
pre-ii R last night, LM 71-72, complete late July

last year pre-II Rs came the same day as the first reported As…do we think today is the day?

I assume one of them was why MD, why PSTP, why Discovery Curriculum while the other was very research heavy? Or were both a mix of why MD and tell us about your research?
Honestly they can be anything. I’d just prepare for strong research emphasis with you’re generic why questions.

Bro why haven't they just gotten rid of me yet. Me and @amateurbater out here dodging every R wave but not getting those II's. I feel like I'm getting strung along... Complete mid July.

• Care
Dear Stanford Admissions Committee who are obviously reading this forum,

pls send II since ur done with this R wave

Thx