2022-2023 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why are they interviewing such a low number compared to 2019?
Tbh I don't remember the exact number, it may have been 700 or 750. But I do recall that what they told us on interview day was lower than what was published on their website

Members don't see this ad.

For Fall 2021 (Class of 2025) Admissions Profile ( I received this during a campus tour)

Applications 4,972
Interviews 685
Offers of Admission 460
Class Size 230

Reactions: 2 users
For Fall 2021 (Class of 2025) Admissions Profile ( I received this during a campus tour)

Applications 4,972
Interviews 685
Offers of Admission 460
Class Size 230

Needless to say, chances are pretty good if you got an interview.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just randomly checked my portal and saw I was waitlisted. OOS.

Prematched! Interviewed early October and was notified via email earlier today. My first acceptance of the cycle, I never have to take the MCAT again

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Prematched! Interviewed early October and was notified via email earlier today. My first acceptance of the cycle, I never have to take the MCAT again
You're gonna be a doctor!! I feel you on saying goodbye to the MCAT haha

Congratulations! Welcome to testing the rest of your life - Step, COMLEX, Boards every 10 years!

CONGRATS! I also interviewed early October but I did not get a pre-match :( im getting really worried

Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched yesterday!! My first A!!! This feels so surreal!!😭

Reactions: 4 users
It’s usually welcome. However, your scores are typically finalized within a few minutes of you leaving the room (and submitted to the admissions committee around the time all interviews have concluded) so it won’t make any impact on your interview scores if that was the question you were really asking.
Can you give any insight as to how TCOM views interviews in determining the A/WL/R list?

Reactions: 1 user
Can you give any insight as to how TCOM views interviews in determining the A/WL/R list?
I can't say. I was only an interviewer and was not a member of the admissions committee. I forwarded my forms to the admissions committee and that's the last I ever heard.

When’s a good time to send a letter of intent? I interviewed a week ago and do not anticipate any more interviews.

Is there any way someone could please review my letter of intent and be honest with me? Thank you in advance

Got my official rejection email today. Post interview, in state. Didn't know that TCOM did rejections post-interview and before the match, but now I know, haha. Not too upset as I didn't vibe with the school based on their interview day. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Got my official rejection email today. Post interview, in state. Didn't know that TCOM did rejections post-interview and before the match, but now I know, haha. Not too upset as I didn't vibe with the school based on their interview day. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you!
Sorry, this is kind of a new thing at a few schools this year.
Leave them off your list for match day rankings. :(

ost interview, in state. Didn't know that TCOM did rejections post-interview and before the match, but now I know, haha. Not too upset as I didn't vibe with the school based on their i
Im sorry for the bad news! May I ask when you interviewed and stats? Thank youuu

Does anyone know how long it took for the school to be listed on their TMDSAS?

Oh my god I prematched, I'm so unbelieveably happy!

LM 71 Interviewed in early August btw

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 15 users
@wysdoc Just to confirm but if I accept this offer I am still in contention for other schools I have interviewed at in Texas?

Reactions: 1 users
@wysdoc Just to confirm but if I accept this offer I am still in contention for other schools I have interviewed at in Texas?
Prematches are not binding at any school, congrats!!

I also got accepted today!!! Interviewed on Nov. 15th. Are there any students that pre-matched today or earlier that I can PM? I don't really understand how this works very well.

I also got accepted today!!! Interviewed on Nov. 15th. Are there any students that pre-matched today or earlier that I can PM? I don't really understand how this works very well.
It’s a good time to review the TMDSAS guide, start at “next steps after submitting” and scroll down to info and FAQS about Match

Prematched!! I’m so incredibly grateful. Congrats to everyone who got good news today!

So we could theoretically rank tcom #4 and if we don’t match into schools 1-3, we can still potentially attend tcom?

So we could theoretically rank tcom #4 and if we don’t match into schools 1-3, we can still potentially attend tcom?
You are guaranteed an acceptance to TCOM, but you can still match into the other 3 schools. If after the Match you do not get into your top 3, you will be on their respective waitlist while still being accepted into TCOM

• Love
Has anyone from the 11/29 interview date or later heard back

Oh my god I prematched, I'm so unbelieveably happy!

LM 71 Interviewed in early August btw
Congratulations @hadv3r! I have been very disappointed all these days for you.

I believe this will be just the first of many.

• Love
Congratulations @hadv3r! I have been very disappointed all these days for you.

I believe this will be just the first of many.
Thank you @texasvandy😃im very glad you’ve been sticking around these threads helping applicants out and letting me pester you with questions LOL! And I hope so too!

why do you do this to me Rebecca😫😫
At 8pm too😭

Attachments

• 7F8C429A-7E09-4EAB-86A8-CFC64A47C641.jpeg
    7F8C429A-7E09-4EAB-86A8-CFC64A47C641.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 142
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users