2021-2022 University of North Texas Health Science Center/Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine (UNTHSC/TCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that interviewed after Mid-October has TCOM been added to your TMDSAS portal yet?
It posted for me last week and I interviewed 10/12

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete late July and still haven't heard anything yet. Anyone get II's recently?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Same. I'm like average stats (3.6/514) and thought I had an ok chance here.
fwiw I'm 3.8/516 and have been ghosted by TCOM even though it's my hometown school--you might have gotten yield protected

Reactions: 2 users
fwiw I'm 3.8/516 and have been ghosted by TCOM even though it's my hometown school--you might have gotten yield protected
what is yield protected? TCOM is also my hometown school and I too have been ghosted by them...along with every other TMDSAS school LOL. I was complete in July but based on my lack of II from TMDSAS schools thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if I was passed up for an interview invitation. Although I do know that invitations are extended until December/January

Reactions: 1 user
what is yield protected? TCOM is also my hometown school and I too have been ghosted by them...along with every other TMDSAS school LOL. I was complete in July but based on my lack of II from TMDSAS schools thus far, I wouldn't be surprised if I was passed up for an interview invitation. Although I do know that invitations are extended until December/January
yield protected = the school doesn't expect you to matriculate even if you're accepted, so they don't move forward with your application. That might not be the case here though--a much more qualified and informed person to discuss this with is probably @wysdoc

For those prematched, does your portal show enrollment? Mine is showing the ability to enroll in classes for this year but I haven't got an email. Not sure if it's a glitch lol, since it would be for 2022.

Okay, so I'm a bit paranoid. The TCOM portal has my preferred email as [EUID]@unt.edu (which I have no access to). The portal also has my personal email, but its not preferred. For those of you that got II, should I worry about this? I just don't want the II to be sent to [EUID]@unt.edu and miss it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay, so I'm a bit paranoid. The TCOM portal has my preferred email as [EUID]@unt.edu (which I have no access to). The portal also has my personal email, but its not preferred. For those of you that got II, should I worry about this? I just don't want the II to be sent to [EUID]@unt.edu and miss it.
Portal will tell you if invited a few days before you even receive email for II so I wouldnt stress it too much for now. If your portal doesn’t say interview invitation then they haven’t sent one yet. I’m neurotic AF about this school bc TCOM and UHCOM are my favs and I check portal multiple times weekly. I have an [email protected] email as well and was stressing when I saw all of my UNT stuff in my portal Bc I thought this was a mistake but I think it’s just automatic if you attended there for undergrad at any point in your academic career. Try and reach out to admissions and see if you can have your preferred email changed though!

Post II R! 3.9, 515, OOS. Interview was 10/15. Feels bad! Good luck everyone!!

• Care
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
Does anyone know what TCOM’s average MCAT is recently? The most recent data on their website is from Fall 2019. I think they said It during a presentation on interview day but I don’t recall what it was

Does anyone know what TCOM’s average MCAT is recently? The most recent data on their website is from Fall 2019. I think they said It during a presentation on interview day but I don’t recall what it was
I think I remember on interview day they said their median was about a 508, if I am recalling correctly. I also toured the campus recently, and they said their average MCAT was a 510. However, not sure if I heard that correctly.

I think I remember on interview day they said their median was about a 508, if I am recalling correctly. I also toured the campus recently, and they said their average MCAT was a 510. However, not sure if I heard that correctly.
Class of 2025 average is 508.3

PRE-MATCHED this morning! Unexpected , but a nice surprise. In state, Interviewed on 10/15. Don't give up on these TX schools y'all

Reactions: 5 users
Prematched today! IS. Interviewed 10/05/21. VERY EXCITED!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! Does anyone know if TCOM does internal rankings and if the curriculum is Pass/Fail? Thanks in advance!

Congrats to everyone that prematched!! For fellow IS prematches, does it show acceptance on your portal or pre-match. I’m just slightly confused since ik acceptances aren’t offered to IS students until match day

Congrats to everyone that prematched!! For fellow IS prematches, does it show acceptance on your portal or pre-match. I’m just slightly confused since ik acceptances aren’t offered to IS students until match day
In-state students could get pre-match offers between October 15 and January 31. You will usually get an offer by email, but some schools call instead (Dell & Baylor are two that call, for example).

For an explanation of Match & pre-match, you can visit the Republic of Texas thread here #43 and watch the TMDSAS video I also linked on that post.

Hi guys! Does anyone know if TCOM does internal rankings and if the curriculum is Pass/Fail? Thanks in advance!
oms-1 here. we have a quartile system that will be put on your dean's letter for residency and it is honors/pass/fail. Honors is set at 91 or fluctuates so 15% of the class gets honors.

Reactions: 1 users
II Today !!
Complete mid July
Very excited… In-State and this is my hometown school … definitely lost hope in getting any more Texas interviews so this was a great surprise

Reactions: 6 users
anyone else get a heart attack from the email saying that their application is still in-progress? thought it could be an interview invite. is getting this email a good thing? do some people get rejected at this point as well?

Reactions: 4 users
anyone else get a heart attack from the email saying that their application is still in-progress? thought it could be an interview invite. is getting this email a good thing? do some people get rejected at this point as well?
+1

I got it too. Idk what to think, I mean…if they have the time to email us about being in progress still, then they have time to extend an II.

I got it too. Idk what to think, I mean…if they have the time to email us about being in progress still, then they have time to extend an II.
Determining if they want to interview an applicant takes a heck of a lot more time than letting us know they are still looking at apps.

did anybody not get that application still in-progress email this morning? i'm trying to see if they sent it to everyone or just to the people they were still considering

did anybody not get that application still in-progress email this morning? i'm trying to see if they sent it to everyone or just to the people they were still considering
I got one too! I'm kinda thinking it might just be a little update since a lot of schools are sending out emails saying that they are away for the holidays.... wouldn't think too much about it!

Does anyone know if they take updates? I scrolled through this feed and didn't see anything about it.

Does anyone know if there is a schedule when they send Pre-Match acceptances (example: first Friday of every month)? I interviewed Dec 3 and was curious to when they may be making decisions. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there is a schedule when they send Pre-Match acceptances (example: first Friday of every month)? I interviewed Dec 3 and was curious to when they may be making decisions. Thanks!
So far this year I have seen SDN members announce their TCOM pre-matches on 10/15, 11/2, 12/3, and 12/7. About once a month, but not a large number. I don't know whether they will release more offers in January, or wait until Match at this point.

When did the last batch of interviews go out? How many more rounds do you all think that TCOM is going to offer this cycle? I know several applicants with great stats and experiences, none of which have been extended interviews.

When did the last batch of interviews go out? How many more rounds do you all think that TCOM is going to offer this cycle? I know several applicants with great stats and experiences, none of which have been extended interviews.
The last invitation I heard about was on December 16th.
TCOM has sent out invitations in August, September, October & December.
I keep a running list of interview invite days over here: #2

Good luck to you here & at the other schools you applied to

• Care
The last invitation I heard about was on December 16th.
TCOM has sent out invitations in August, September, October & December.
I keep a running list of interview invite days over here: #2

Good luck to you here & at the other schools you applied to
I was one of the last interview invites and I interview next Tuesday…. This was the second to last interview day :/

I was one of the last interview invites and I interview next Tuesday…. This was the second to last interview day :/
How do you know you were one of the last interview invites? Is this just based on the interview dates they had available for you to choose from or did they say this to you explicitly?

How do you know you were one of the last interview invites? Is this just based on the interview dates they had available for you to choose from or did they say this to you explicitly?
Not last interview invite … one of the last dates though … January interview slots were close to full when I got the invite
and every Texas school I have interviewed at so far stops interviews end of Jan because rankings are due in feb for match day … and interviews started in July
(I’m a tx resident)

II today! the dates available were 1/21 and 1/25. Don't give up hope!

Reactions: 8 users