2022-2023 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Praying everyone gets the A tomorrow!! #Godspeed

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone! I'm also a student here at Keck involved in interviewing. Happy to answer any questions about the interview process or school. I have heard that A calls will be coming out tomorrow, so best of luck! And best of luck to those still hoping for an interview, more are to come.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
I couldnt tell, everyone does the heal program right?

also it seems like a lot of students match to usc, is this from student preferences or do they actuvely prefer usc students?
So my understanding of the HEAL program is that it has both cocurricular and extracurricular aspects to it. Some events they have will be required or attached to the EPIC curricula, but not very many. Most of their events you would do only if you are interested. There also are some humanities based student interest groups that are tied to HEAL that you could join if you're interested. I'm honestly not that familiar with HEAL though, it is not a large part of our curriculum at all.

For matching, I cannot speak for our residency programs and if they actively prefer Keck students, but I would say that it is likely a mixture of the reasons you may suspect: 1) Connections - you can get to know the residency program program director/staff which could certainly help with matching. 2) Most of our students are from California, many of which from LA, so many want to stay here. 3) Maybe some preference for Keck students--our residencies are obviously familiar with our students and curriculum so they may trust a Keck applicant more than another medical school's applicant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to everyone that interviewed! I'm praying I get in tomorrow and looking forward to possibly connecting with fellow future students. Fingers crossed.

A little late to the game here, but Keck never sent me a secondary. Do they screen for secondaries? If I contact admissions, is that likely to be interpreted as entitled? I don't want to presume that I was supposed to get a secondary but slipped through the cracks. On the other hand, I spent good money to send the primary to USC and want to make sure I get the opportunity I paid for.

A little late to the game here, but Keck never sent me a secondary. Do they screen for secondaries? If I contact admissions, is that likely to be interpreted as entitled? I don't want to presume that I was supposed to get a secondary but slipped through the cracks. On the other hand, I spent good money to send the primary to USC and want to make sure I get the opportunity I paid for.
According to AAMC, Keck doesn't screen and all AMCAS certified applications get a secondary. I would reach out to admissions to see what they say.

Hoping we all get exciting news today everyone! Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't heard anything yet either!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for everybody as well.

Reactions: 2 users
I just got the call from Dean Arias!!! I got the A!!! Still keeping my fingers crossed for everybody!!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do any of you guys know if they would be sending out rejection/WL emails today too?

NVM just got the Call from Dr. Arias!!! Got the A interviewed 9/28!!!

Reactions: 4 users
got the A! 😭 dean arias called me at 11:51am, literally bawled my eyes out with her I still can't believe it. interviewed 9/20

Reactions: 6 users
Can you speak to if a majority of the IIs have basically been sent out? Or is there still hope for receiving one
IIs are sent out through January usually, but definitely become less and less through the months. I think about 100 acceptances are sent out today out of what is usually 300-400 acceptances total

Reactions: 3 users
Also got the call at 10:04 am! Interviewed 9/27! Woo excited to be apart of the keck family!

Reactions: 1 users