2022-2023 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would say they are pretty responsive, they told me it would take up to three weeks for a response and I got my decision email 1 week post interview. If they said they’d respond within 2 weeks expect that to happen, otherwise they would let you know if the process is taking longer than expected
That is not necessarily true because it been more than 2 weeks since I interviewed and they have not said anything. From what I see people are getting their decisions within 18 to 21 days.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
That is not necessarily true because it been more than 2 weeks since I interviewed and they have not said anything. From what I see people are getting their decisions within 18 to 21 days.
It was true for me. I shared my own experience hoping it could help or give you some insight, and of course I can't speak on behalf of everybody else.

Reactions: 3 users
I have another deposit due tomorrow so I’m really hoping we hear back from 2/17 today

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in an LOI last night and they emailed me back just now saying it has been added to my application.

Reactions: 1 user
Just to help all the 2/17-2/18 interviewees anxiety, last week had Presidents’ Day and Ash Wednesday unlike the 1/20 group who had no holidays or catholic holy days/solemnities. So maybe give it another day or two for early releases, and as stated previously the average seems to be 18-21 days with the late January group being the exception and a few individual outliers. Good luck everyone!

Hmnnn, I sent one last week and didn’t get a response.

I never got a response to my thank you message that I sent last week so I think lack of response might be an issue for emails sent last week :/

They told us on 2/18 to give them 3 weeks for post ii decisions

Does anybody know if they are interviewing for WL spots now?

Based on past acceptance days I think we'll be finding out this coming Tuesday :eek:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Do they not usually send out decisions on a Friday?
Some decisions have been sent out on a Friday this cycle but more seem to have been sent earlier in the week.

I think the last two acceptance rounds posted on here were on Tuesdays…. But also I got my interview invite on a Saturday morning so not sure how much of a system there is to this 🫢

I think the last two acceptance rounds posted on here were on Tuesdays…. But also I got my interview invite on a Saturday morning so not sure how much of a system there is to this 🫢
Yeah I randomly got my II at like 10a on a Saturday. Thought it was a bit strange, but a nice surprise 😁.

I got my A on a Tuesday at 10 pm (1.5 weeks after my interview). I imagine this time of the year, it tends to get busy, so probably expect to hear back by the 2 or 3 week mark. Texas match day was also yesterday so they are probably getting a better idea of who and how many A's to send out. Hang in there and best of luck!

Soo i interviewed 1/23 and I still have not heard back 🥴 has this happened to anyone else?
Don't worry! They're still getting back to a lot of applicants. It can be super scary to wait a long time but I can tell you from experience, it's not uncommon to hear anything for a while. Just hang in there!

Has anybody been ghosted by UIWSOM when sending emails or is it just me? 😅

Does anyone know if they still have any more interview dates or are they done?

Does UIWSOM have to send Acceptances, Rejections and Waitlist notifications by March 15?

For those you have heard back from the school... Is there a certain time you all heard back at? Or was it just periodically throughout the day? Just trying to anticipate when I may expect an email, if they send them out tomorrow.....

Does UIWSOM have to send Acceptances, Rejections and Waitlist notifications by March 15?

For those you have heard back from the school... Is there a certain time you all heard back at? Or was it just periodically throughout the day? Just trying to anticipate when I may expect an email, if they send them out tomorrow.....
I got mine at 9:40 am CT

I just got the waitlist email today after waiting for more than a month. Has anyone gotten an A? Or is their class completely full..

I just got the waitlist email today after waiting for more than a month. Has anyone gotten an A? Or is their class completely full..
They're not full, but they are still doing interviews so they may put some of you on hold until their interview cycle is done.

^ same.... starting to think that I psyched myself (and everyone on this thread) out about a potential Tuesday decision for no reason o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
^ same.... starting to think that I psyched myself (and everyone on this thread) out about a potential Tuesday decision for no reason o_O
Haha I think we are all are going crazy with the wait.... Hopefully we hear something soon. Good Luck Everyone!

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Three weeks is almost here 😬😬
Haha I was told 2 weeks during the interview.... I'm obsessed with checking my email.... I keep thinking I'll hear something even though no else has haha

Haha I was told 2 weeks during the interview.... I'm obsessed with checking my email.... I keep thinking I'll hear something even though no else has haha

When did you interview?? On 2/17 they pretty much guaranteed us less than 3 weeks lol. Even told us to reach out if we didn’t hear anything.

When did you interview?? On 2/17 they pretty much guaranteed us less than 3 weeks lol. Even told us to reach out if we didn’t hear anything.
Idk about JD909, but I interviewed on 2/18 and I believe there was an interview the following week- I think they just have a lot of applications to look at but during the informational session, they did tell us three weeks

Idk about JD909, but I interviewed on 2/18 and I believe there was an interview the following week- I think they just have a lot of applications to look at but during the informational session, they did tell us three weeks
Interviewed on 2/20 said it would be less than 2 weeks to hear back. The thanks for interviewing email said 3 week but assumed it was just the standard template. It could be 3 weeks or longer I know they have a lot going on. I Just keep checking hoping to hear something soon!

I guess they’re going to wait for the final day in the three week period

Just realized that my 'Thank you' note was sitting in my drafts! :((( For anyone reading this, please please double check your drafts, sent and wherever things want to just go and sit :(

• Care
My guess is we won't hear until next week....

If they take longer than they promised for interview results after losing my application for 6 months I might just shed a tear

• Sad
  • Care
If they take longer than they promised for interview results after losing my application for 6 months I might just shed a tear
I honestly hope we hear something! I'm still obsessing and refreshing my inbox but I'm still guessing it probably won't be until early next week.... I'm sorry they lost your application... that's rough....

if we interviewed on the 18th would it be valid to email tomorrow asking when we could expect an update if we don't have a decision by then..... It's not technically at the 3 weeks mark just yet,,,,, I'm just mildly losing my mind :D

if we interviewed on the 18th would it be valid to email tomorrow asking when we could expect an update if we don't have a decision by then..... It's not technically at the 3 weeks mark just yet,,,,, I'm just mildly losing my mind :D
same, i wanna email them so bad haha

I personally wouldn't email, even though it is soooo tempting.... I'd probably wait until the end of next week before I sent anything, mainly because I know they are busy reviewing files. This doesn't mean you can't, It's just not what I personally would do. I will say talking with everyone has helped keep my sanity in tact a little...