2022-2023 University of the Incarnate Word School of Osteopathic Medicine (UIWSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted too, interviewed 2/18

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If it makes anyone feel better, it looks like there is good waitlist moment from what I've seen on last years thread. Feel very lucky to have acceptances/waitlists elsewhere, but UIW was definitely a top choice!

They might only be interviewing for the WL now tbh. Wouldn’t be discouraged if that was the best possible outcome going in

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R. Interviewed on 2/17. Good luck everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
Interview 2/17. No mention of interviewing for WL position but it seems that way.

Reactions: 1 user
Interviewed 2/18 in person and just got the R. (Not too bummed, school didn’t feel like a good fit). Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
  • Sad
For anyone wondering what I’m talking about. Many of us received our IIs shortly after this was posted and being complete since July. We were originally suppose to hear back within 6 weeks.

They should understand the implications of that. Many of us that should’ve had an A are now waitlisted because of it. Totally unfair if you ask me

Reactions: 3 users
Interviewed 2/18 in person and just got the R. (Not too bummed, school didn’t feel like a good fit). Good luck to everyone else!
I had the same thought, The whole group based learned felt off to me from what I'm use to.

And not putting the school down or anyone that likes it and attends.
Just wasn't right for me. Best of luck to everyone with their endeavors and hope it goes the way you want it!

For anyone wondering what I’m talking about. Many of us received our IIs shortly after this was posted and being complete since July. We were originally suppose to hear back within 6 weeks.
I was definitely in this group, but have yet to hear anything... I would think the school would say something if it was only WL spots left.... but what do I know...

I was definitely in this group then. Very sh**ty of them to do that.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yup. I got the invite 10 days after this was posted! Ugh! Don't even know how to get past this. :(

They should understand the implications of that. Many of us that should’ve had an A are now waitlisted because of it. Totally unfair if you ask me
The more I think about it the angrier it makes me. Even though I was accepted into my number 1 school, I still paid air fare and days worth of hotel lodging to interview in person. Had I known it was for a waitlist spot because they essentially lost my application, I wouldn’t have done in person and saved money. Now I’m starting to understand why their COMLEX 1 pass rates are so low compared to other schools. Complete disrespect on their end toward applicants.

Straight R (2/20 interview). I thought I did well, but UIW was definitely my least favorite interview. Luckily I managed an A somewhere else

The more I think about it the angrier it makes me. Even though I was accepted into my number 1 school, I still paid air fare and days worth of hotel lodging to interview in person. Had I known it was for a waitlist spot because they essentially lost my application, I wouldn’t have done in person and saved money. Now I’m starting to understand why their COMLEX 1 pass rates are so low compared to other schools. Complete disrespect on their end toward applicants.
Same here. Flight, hotel, food and those delays on my way back! I’m wondering if they rejected everyone OOS and waitlisted all IS applicants.

I have been brooding over the interview day for quite sometime now. One thing that I felt was off was what the dean said during his talk. He said “If you’re an introvert, we’ll make you talk. If you’re an extrovert, we’ll shut you up.” This affected me a lot. Why try to change the person for what they are? But I just let it pass as humor. Guess at this point I’m just trying to make peace with the outcome.

Same here. Flight, hotel, food and those delays on my way back! I’m wondering if they rejected everyone OOS and waitlisted all IS applicants.

I have been brooding over the interview day for quite sometime now. One thing that I felt was off was what the dean said during his talk. He said “If you’re an introvert, we’ll make you talk. If you’re an extrovert, we’ll shut you up.” This affected me a lot. Why try to change the person for what they are? But I just let it pass as humor. Guess at this point I’m just trying to make peace with the outcome.
That would be an interesting point. For anyone who was waitlisted yesterday, are yall IS?

That would be an interesting point. For anyone who was waitlisted yesterday, are yall IS?

I was waitlisted and am IS. Not saying I haven’t heard of it happening before but it does seem odd for a school to interview people for the sole purpose of rejecting them.

Agreed. Especially because they still have interviews going on this whole month and I think into April...

I was WL and I am also IS

welp, no correlation between, IS/OOS and WL. Good to know. Thanks!!

• Wow
Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear?? I haven't heard anything and am still in Limbo...

Does the email for people are waitlisted say that the class is full? and that you interviewed for a WL spot? Are they doing an APS? Or is it just a general waitlist?

Last edited:
Is there anyone who is still waiting to hear?? I haven't heard anything and am still in Limbo...

Does the email that said people are waitlisted say that the class is full. and that you interviewed for a WL spot? Are they doing a APS? Or is it just a general waitlist?
AT Still is the only school I know of that uses the APS (Accepted Pending Seat) label.
I think it's an odd designation and could be looked at as "High on our WL", as they know some currently accepted people will drop and then those "APS" folks will be the first to fill the empty spots.
The WL at UIWSOM is a regular WL and might even be a temporary WL until they have finished all their interviews.

Last edited:

Does the email for people are waitlisted say that the class is full? and that you interviewed for a WL spot? Are they doing an APS? Or is it just a general waitlist?

I am still waiting. Interviewed 2/20

Did anyone have an interview between 2/21-3/2? Wondering if my interview on 3/3 is the next batch to be sent decision letters.

The WL email I got for my 2/17 interview does not say anything about the class being full or not, and there was never any mention in person or through email that the interview was for a waitlist. The WL email said they anticipate some WL movement but the extent is unpredictable and that WL rankings will not be released.

Anybody from 2/20 or beyond hear back yet?

Anybody from 2/20 or beyond hear back yet?
I interviewed on 2/20 and am still waiting to hear. I'm curious if we will hear anything today as it is the 3 week mark.... If it follows the emails that went out last week, they went out later in the afternoon. I did see a few people post from last week who interviewed 2/20 got an email last week.

I interviewed on 2/20 and am still waiting to hear. I'm curious if we will hear anything today as it is the 3 week mark.... If it follows the emails that went out last week, they went out later in the afternoon. I did see a few people post from last week who interviewed 2/20 got an email last week.

Just got an email saying that decisions will come out early next week.

Just got an email saying that decisions will come out early next week.
Did anyone else notice that the email says "Admission decisions will be sent early next."
I'm assuming they meant next week but still got a chuckle out of this.

Just got WL. Not too bad if that was the best outcome all along

• Care
I wonder why some people got their decisions later than others assuming they're mostly (if not only) giving WLs and Rs at this point ??

Last edited:
Withdrew my acceptance this week, hope it helps one of y’all!

I wonder why some people got their decisions later than others assuming their mostly (if not only) giving WLs and Rs at this point ??

I think they might’ve just been later interviews. There were a lot of slots mid-Feb.

Does anyone know how long the waitlist tends to be and typically when you start seeing movement?

Does anyone know how long the waitlist tends to be and typically when you start seeing movement?

I just scrolled through last years thread and it looks like WL movement started mid-April and went through mid-June. There wasn’t a ton of movement compared to other DO schools but there was a decent amount.

I just scrolled through last years thread and it looks like WL movement started mid-April and went through mid-June. There wasn’t a ton of movement compared to other DO schools but there was a decent amount.
They still have several interview days left. I wouldn't be surprised if WL movement was delayed until those days are over (Which would be mid-April)

is the waitlist ranked?
I'm assuming the waitlist is ranked. In the email I got from the school it said: "As this is a fluid process, information on waitlist ranking will not be released."

Did anyone else notice that the email says "Admission decisions will be sent early next."
I'm assuming they meant next week but still got a chuckle out of this.
Got this email yesterday with the same exact typo lol. Guessing it's for the next batch of interviews done on 3/3.