2022-2023 Weill Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
for anyone who interviewed, were you paired with faculty related to your interests or was it random?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I had my interview back in November and I was wondering if anyone has sent a letter of interest yet. The only update that I had I was able to talk briefly about during the interview but only my interviewers know about it not the full admissions committee. So, I was wondering, should I send a letter of interest while also touching on my update (which was a scribe job that I got back in August)? IDK what to do, so any help would be appreciated, thank you!!

Reactions: 1 users
Just interviewed, they didn't ask a lot of questions, so it was a lot of listening, but I think my frequency of head nodding was pretty good

• Haha
Reactions: 22 users
So update letters aren't uploaded to the portal?
No you can just email them and I think it uploads to our file. It says this in our secondary completion email: "You may send us occasional, substantive application updates if appropriate. Please send any such updates to [email protected], attaching your update as a Word or PDF file with the file name in the following format: lastname_firstname_AAMC ID_ date. You will receive a confirmation email. Please do not include other queries or information in the email; questions should be directed to our main email address."

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I had my interview back in November and I was wondering if anyone has sent a letter of interest yet. The only update that I had I was able to talk briefly about during the interview but only my interviewers know about it not the full admissions committee. So, I was wondering, should I send a letter of interest while also touching on my update (which was a scribe job that I got back in August)? IDK what to do, so any help would be appreciated, thank you!!
Also wondering this ^! I want to send a letter of intent/update post interview but don’t want to hurt my application. Anyone know how it’s been perceived in previous years ?

Also wondering this ^! I want to send a letter of intent/update post interview but don’t want to hurt my application. Anyone know how it’s been perceived in previous years ?
I don't see why a well-written letter of interest could ever hurt—at worst it's just not taken into consideration and/or little weight is put onto it (unless schools explicitly say they don't want you to send any). A very short and weightless update could be seen as desperate though, imo, since general advice is to not update unless major milestones or achievements have come into play. But you can always write a letter of interest with a minor update in the end paragraph? Just don't make it too long or overbearing. My two cents from what I've gathered on here and on the application trail.

Reactions: 3 users
Just received II invite today!!! I'm so so excited !!!
Congrats! I got one these past few days as well, I'm wishing the best to both of us. Also does anyone know if these interviews are open or closed file?

Congrats! I got one these past few days as well, I'm wishing the best to both of us. Also does anyone know if these interviews are open or closed file?
When complete?

Apologizes if this has already been discussed but are they planning to send more interview invites? Or is it done for the most part

Reactions: 4 users
Really? It says March on their website, and IIRC MSAR says March 13 (can't check, my access expired)
I was told late February by my interviewer (the one on the adcom), but this was a long time ago and maybe it's changed now. With that being said, MSAR isn't really that accurate (or hasn't been this year at least) for decisions so maybe just asking them directly would yield a better response.

I was told late February by my interviewer (the one on the adcom), but this was a long time ago and maybe it's changed now. With that being said, MSAR isn't really that accurate (or hasn't been this year at least) for decisions so maybe just asking them directly would yield a better response.
Perhaps this is just a CARS question in disguise:
Q: what is at the end of February?
A: March ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
The 2021-2022 cycle A's started coming out in the last few days of February. The 2020-2021 cycle A's came out March 8th. Cycle before then released decisions towards the middle of March. Patience is key y'all

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II??? In shock bc I thought my cycle was done HAHA. OOS but have ties to NY and complete 7/15

Reactions: 15 users
Just got an II??? In shock bc I thought my cycle was done HAHA. OOS but have ties to NY and complete 7/15
Wow!! Congrats, that’s awesome! Hopefully they have a couple more of those up their sleeve lol … I hope you don’t mind me asking, but what are your stats?? And also what dates were they offering you for your interview? Good luck with your interview, I hope you crush it!!

Heard from a lil birdy that their interviews end on the ninth of feb.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Heard from a lil birdy that their interviews end on the ninth of feb.
Interesting… meaning that they are holding their last interview day 2/9, or they are sending last IIs on 2/9? Was really hoping to get an II here, it was definitely at the top of my list! Time to move on I suppose 😭

II just now :’’’) Complete August

I’ve been dying for a school in NYC and I finally got one

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
OOS II just received!! Complete July, really wanted this one :D

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
OOS II as well!!! Complete mid July. Way too pumped for this:)

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Congrats to all with II's!!!!! Any Sept. completes get an II yet...?

IS II received today around 1pm EST, complete mid-July. Can't schedule a date immediately though -- you have to have some paperwork verified lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I think I already know the answer to my question but desperate people ask desperate things. I got into a T20 in California but I’m a NY resident and realized I can’t move because of family things going on here.

I have no meaningful updates but Cornell always was and still is my dream school. Is it worth sending a pre-II letter of intent? Or would I just be embarrassing myself?

With their interview season coming to a close I know the R is coming and I just want to do everything possible to shoot my shot at Cornell.
I'd say shoot your shot because it can't hurt at this point, but keep expectations low - a previous post mentioned Feb9 as a potential last day for interviews, so they may not have any more invites to go out after today

Reactions: 6 users
Is there any way to know how many II's they sent out so far? I didn't see anything on their website. Thanks

Is there a way to re-upload the attestation form for the interview on the portal? Mine is showing up blank even though I filled it out :(

For those of you who received IIs last week, did you receive a date to schedule your interview yet? I uploaded the documents on Friday but haven't heard from them yet

For those of you who received IIs last week, did you receive a date to schedule your interview yet? I uploaded the documents on Friday but haven't heard from them yet
I'm in the same boat, submitted Friday and haven't heard yet

• Hmm
does anyone know how aoa works at Cornell? do they announce it before match or after?

any word on if cornell likes post interview updates/letters of interest?

Reactions: 2 users
soooo I'm guessing they're not sending out any more IIs :((