2022-2023 West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a separate interview link that will be sent to us or is it one link for all the events stated in the email?

Last edited:
Is there a separate interview link that will be sent to us or is it one link for all the events stated in the email?
It’s the same link! They send an email a couple days before with the link and schedule of all the sessions. When it’s your interview time, you join the link and then they’ll put you in a breakout room.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s the same link! They send an email a couple days before with the link and schedule of all the sessions. When it’s your interview time, you join the link and then they’ll put you in a breakout room.
Thank you!!!

Same - just got an OOS II for AL spot... A top school choice for me but not sure that I want to be on the AL list when there are other acceptances.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same - just got an OOS II for AL spot... A top school choice for me but not sure that I want to be on the AL list when there are other acceptances.
You won't lose anything by doing the interview and giving yourself a shot. I say go for it and see what happens. Who knows, you might end up getting on the alternate list, and then getting accepted to your top school choice later in the Spring, and then thanking the universe you didn't decline the interview today :)))

Reactions: 1 users
Call me Nostradamus, but you will interview for the alternate but you’re going to crush the interview and they’re gonna give you the A.

Lol yes thank you for putting this into the universe

Roughly speaking, how long does it take to hear a decision post interview

It depends on when the admissions committee meets, it is usually a pretty quick turnaround for them. Maybe a week or two if I remember.

ADCOM meets on Wednesdays I think and then they release decisions usually the same day. Judging from past posts in this thread and also my own experience, I'm p sure people receive decisions on the Wednesday following their interview.

ADCOM meets on Wednesdays I think and then they release decisions usually the same day. Judging from past posts in this thread and also my own experience, I'm p sure people receive decisions on the Wednesday following their interview.
For people who interviewed on a Thursday like me, that was a 6 day turnaround.
i would say 1 week or so. I heard back in 2 days. they were quick
For people who interviewed on Mondays (am I right that it was a Monday?), that would be a 2 day turnaround.

For people who interviewed on a Thursday like me, that was a 6 day turnaround.

For people who interviewed on Mondays (am I right that it was a Monday?), that would be a 2 day turnaround.
yes i interviewed on monday.

After saying an email is likely a rejection I got an email from the school…to do an interview survey. Whoa man though it was a rejection

Wanted to stop in and say that I know at least 1-2 current first-years that were accepted in July. Keep your heads up, there's plenty of time.

Just got an II but I think the email said I would only be interviewing for the WL? Anyone have any insight on this, is it worth it if I have another A?

Just got an II but I think the email said I would only be interviewing for the WL? Anyone have any insight on this, is it worth it if I have another A?
You have nothing to lose but 80 dollars. I say do it.

• Love
They are open file interviews so they are very conversational. It was more talking about your interests and your experiences than the traditional interview questions.
This was a little bit different from mine. Maybe because virtual and in person are different, idk? Mine was more traditional interview questions that you might expect. e.g. pls tell us about your interest in medicine, journey to osteopathic medicine, why this school specifically, why this state specifically, tell us about your leadership, tell us about your study habits and tackling something like the MCAT, etc.

This was a little bit different from mine. Maybe because virtual and in person are different, idk? Mine was more traditional interview questions that you might expect. e.g. pls tell us about your interest in medicine, journey to osteopathic medicine, why this school specifically, why this state specifically, tell us about your leadership, tell us about your study habits and tackling something like the MCAT, etc.
were you in-person or virtual?

How soon after getting your acceptances, did people get the official letter from them?

Also, did they ever send an email or anything to confirm that they received your FAFSA?

For a full timeline:

08/16/22 submitted primary
08/25/22 submitted secondary
01/10/23 received II email
01/26/23 interviewed virtually
02/01/23 received acceptance call 14:30
02/03/23 received email confirmation of acceptance

For almost 5 months after submitting my application, I heard nothing from them. Then some MAGIC happened. Keep your heads and hopes up, my friends.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if their AL list moves and if it's likely to get an A?