2022-2023 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
5C838EDA-C629-47C2-8D55-69EDB071BD12.png

🤨🤨

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
I bet they have a hard time finding students to apply to their program when they market it like that.

Is that what it means ? I was gonna go to that info session.. but I doubt I’ll attend the program. Im still waiting on lots of schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else not get that email?

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else not get that email?
I did not get that email. Secondary submitted 8/12, complete email on 09/28 otherwise silence and still at screen review. My GPA is on the lower end of their range for interviews so I would have been someone who could have gotten it, unless I'm R without knowing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call for an A around 10:45 AM today! interviewed 10/18

Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone going to the open house tomorrow? If so, does anyone know if family members are allowed to tag along?

Anyone know where VCOM-VA posts their recent COMLEX (and possibly USMLE) pass rates?

Complete email received today. Secondary submitted 10/3. Secondary invite received 8/16.

Anyone who applied in mid-August still waiting for a secondary? 🥴 I emailed during Halloween and was just given a generic "we are still reviewing applications."

Edit: Whoops, posted this without going back to read. Looks like a lot of people have been waiting a long time for secondaries! Ugh, just trying to stay sane during this time. A friend got accepted to VCOM-Auburn after applying in February, so I know this is a long game, but man am I ready for a little break 🥲

Are there any current VCOM students okay with answering some questions? My decision deadline is coming up and would appreciate some help!

Can Someone tell me my honest chances , I have a c3.92 gpa and 506 mcat but still haven’t gotten an interview Inv. My app has been screened but it’s killing me not knowing.

Can Someone tell me my honest chances , I have a c3.92 gpa and 506 mcat but still haven’t gotten an interview Inv. My app has been screened but it’s killing me not knowing.
So much depends upon the rest of your application! Ultimately, all I think anyone here could say with that info is that your stats likely would not reduce your chances of consideration. But it's much more than a numbers game, and it's also hard to say what precisely the adcoms are focusing on at each school. For example, one of the schools where I interviewed was candid about the importance of the personal statement and rec letters in their process. My stats were well below their averages, so I guess the other parts of my app that they focused on were stronger parts of my app. But some schools see the personal statement as a box to check off as long as they deem it acceptable. I'm not sure what VCOM is looking for. Maybe current students could speak to their apps and could therefore give you some insight about their anecdotal experiences.

I'm also waiting to see if I'll get an II here. Best of luck to you!

i got an II a few weeks ago with a 504 and 3.6. i would say you still have a solid chance! do you have any ties to the area?

Got the call a few hours ago! They sent an email about an hr later. Interviewed 11/29

Does anybody know when the next time adcom meets to go over applicants for interviews is?

checked my status and it says complete. before i was on screening. I did not get any email about my app being complete.

I bet they have a hard time finding students to apply to their program when they market it like that.
It’s actually a great program! I’m currently in the MABS program and just got accepted yesterday to the Carolinas campus! It’s definitely worth doing this program. Great professors. A lot of people are doing well. The averages for each exam is very high.

Feel feel to PM me if you guys have any questions.

Did anyone run into an issue where your SSN didn't autopopulate and it prevented you from submitting? If so, any advice on how to fix this?

Last edited:
Accepted students, what was your turnaround time from interview to A? Interviewed here and they said their class isn't full yet, and this is one of my top choices