2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 OOS Secondary, Submitted on 7/16

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
These are the two questions that pop up if you indicate an interest in the Colorado Spring Branch:

1. Please submit a short statement regarding your interest in the Colorado Springs Branch. You may address characteristics of the Branch that would be a fit for your strengths, experiences, and/or career plans. You may also note your ties to or interest in Colorado Springs or other similar communities. Limit the essay to 1500 characters, including spaces (approximately 300 words).

2. In the Colorado Springs Branch LIC, students work in multiple health systems across Southern Colorado (e.g. Colorado Springs, Cañon City, Pueblo) to understand the interface between academic and community medicine and participate in a curriculum focused on how physician leadership in quality improvement and community engagement can impact health equity. Please describe how participation in the Colorado Springs Branch LIC would advance your career goals, and how your life experiences have led you to an interest in our program. You may also note any ties to Colorado Springs or the Southern Colorado community, if applicable. Please limit your statement to 300 words.

Is it just me or do these questions ask for exactly the same thing? How are you guys approaching this?
I am wondering the same thing

Hey everyone - rising MS2 checking in here. Happy to answer any questions about the school (less experienced with the branches) and parts of the application process that I can address.
Hello, I am wondering if Colorado has a cadaver/gross anatomy lab? They list the classes that we take but I didn't see an anatomy lab. I'm assuming there is, how much time is spend in the lab? Also, what percentage of your classes are in-person/on-campus? Lastly, do you use the simulation center at Anschutz? There isn't a ton of info on the website about it. Thanks for your help and offering to answer questions!

Hello, I am wondering if Colorado has a cadaver/gross anatomy lab? They list the classes that we take but I didn't see an anatomy lab. I'm assuming there is, how much time is spend in the lab? Also, what percentage of your classes are in-person/on-campus? Lastly, do you use the simulation center at Anschutz? There isn't a ton of info on the website about it. Thanks for your help and offering to answer questions!
There is a cadaver lab, but it is prosection based. You'll have anatomy for about 4 hours/week for about 2/3 of the curriculum and you'll have 3 anatomy practicals.

All classes are in-person and vary between required, recommended, and optional. Lectures are recorded on panopto and you get absence hours that you can log in advance.

The simulation center is mostly used for physical exam practice and clinical assessments with standardized patients.

Reactions: 2 users
Was there any email to indicate they received your primary? Or did y'all just receive a secondary invite after verification?

Was there any email to indicate they received your primary? Or did y'all just receive a secondary invite after verification?
I just received an email with a secondary invite. In that same email, they mentioned that they received my primary

Reactions: 1 user
For those who took duet, how long does it take to get a test date
I've taken it and there's no time limit or scheduled date for the Duet. You just log in and take it at your own pace, kinda like a personality test

Hello! For those of you who applied to the Colorado Springs Branch, I swear there were two prompts to fill out! But when I logged in to submit my application, one of the prompts was gone. Am I the only one experiencing this, or have they just removed the prompt altogether?

Hello! For those of you who applied to the Colorado Springs Branch, I swear there were two prompts to fill out! But when I logged in to submit my application, one of the prompts was gone. Am I the only one experiencing this, or have they just removed the prompt altogether?
I just noticed this as well. The two prompts were very similar so I think one of them was a mistake and they just removed it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I answered both prompts, and now they deleted one of them.

Reactions: 1 users
I answered both prompts, and now they deleted one of them.
Same. I kinda spilt my answer between the two prompts so it kinda sucks that they're only going to be reading half of my reply.

How does Colorado evaluate who gets a secondary? Is it a stat screen or a holistic screen?

Make sure to check your email carefully! I found my secondary this morning (it was sent 8/1). It wasn't even in the spam folder, but in my main inbox labeled as "undesirable content: blocked" 🙃 you can also check with this link by clicking on the 'check my application status', and typing in your AAMC ID with the 'forgot my password' thingy

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
how are you guys answering #1? especially with the one pillar talking about personal growth

how are you guys answering #1? especially with the one pillar talking about personal growth
I was gonna lay out the examples that are not elsewhere on my application or add a new layer of depth to an activity mentioned on AMCAS and then figure out which of the pillars they support and then which one needs the most work. With personal growth, I was gonna recognize the importance of the pillar I chose in a medical context and then, if I have space put it in the context of how I would grow/how I see it at the school to do like a demonstrated fit.

+1 OOS yesterday; took nearly two weeks longer to receive than the rest.

got secondary, is it worth writing the extra essay since it does not really impact your chances?

Hey everyone - rising MS2 checking in here. Happy to answer any questions about the school (less experienced with the branches) and parts of the application process that I can address.
Do you know to what extent the school weighs Casper scores?

Did anyone else get an email saying "your application is ready and under review?" Sheesh. That's fast and scary!

Has anyone else not received a secondary? I added Colorado to my list kinda late (mid July), and haven't gotten my Casper back yet. But I have strong ties to the area (lived 20 mins from the school for two years and worked with people at the school through my employer). Just surprised as I don't think I'd get screened out...

So frustrated! I submitted everything but didn’t realize I had to take duet as well so despite finishing the essays in five days they are just now reviewing my application 19 days later. There goes my “two week window”

So frustrated! I submitted everything but didn’t realize I had to take duet as well so despite finishing the essays in five days they are just now reviewing my application 19 days later. There goes my “two week window”

Um if I take duet now will it be sent right now or no

I took it day before yesterday and just got the email about my application being complete and under review today