2023-2024 Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reverse jinx maybe? IS A just now! Interview 9/13. Fellow Coloradans CU admits us too lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi! Does anyone know if the interview is a closed or open file one? Congrats to all the A's :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II! Complete 8/10. Any idea how often new interview dates are added? There’s only one date available right now and it does not work for me. Should I email?

Reactions: 1 user
CU Admissions Tracker Updated for this year:
Primary Applications: 8,436
Secondary Applications: 4,013
Interviewed Applicants: 0
Offers of Admission: 0

By comparison for last year:
Primary Applications: 9,852
Secondary Applications: 5,385
Interviewed Applicants: 674
Offers of Admission: 184
thats crazy considering they're still only at 90 II

DUDE, that is so ****ed X(, I just took it... I'm wondering if they'll see that I submitted everything 8/8 and still consider it on time..
+1 for accidentally f'd myself lol (submitted 08/18 complete 09/27 *facepalm*)

IS A yesterday!!! Best of luck to everyone else and my fellow in-staters. We will rise!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back that interviewed on 9/15 yet?

Complete in early August and hoping they haven't passed over me for an interview. Do they usually go in order of completion date?

For those accepted, did y’all receive an email yet?

Dr. Soohoo had mentioned to keep an eye out for the official acceptance email but I haven’t received one yet since Friday.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete in early August and hoping they haven't passed over me for an interview. Do they usually go in order of completion date?
Completed 8/8 and got II OOS no ties last week. You're probably fine.

Dr. Soohoo had mentioned to keep an eye out for the official acceptance email but I haven’t received one yet since Friday.
I have not yet

Actually just got an email. If we accept the offer are we fully committing to Colorado? I am not sure how this process works.

Actually just got an email. If we accept the offer are we fully committing to Colorado? I am not sure how this process works.
Same, I think they’re reading the thread LOL.

I believe if we “accept” the offer, then we’re holding our seat for the time being, but we’re not fully committing until April.

Any accepted students see any info on Preview dates for this year? I'm not sure when we get that info but wanted to start thinking about travel plans

OOS Post-II Waitlist :cryi: (9/15 Interview). Congrats to all y'all accepted!

OOS II just now!! :) LM 74 and I submitted my secondary on 8/3

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS II!! Complete mid august

Hi all, I got an II for next week but have some scheduling challenges with the short notice and would really appreciate some help from those who have already interviewed. Thanks in advance, I'm stressing over this 😩

1. Has anyone emailed about interviewing at a later date than the ones that were available?
2. Do you know if you can wait for later interview dates to appear on the portal and pick those, or are the 2 options there rn my only chances?
3. Did the interview day follow this sample schedule from their website pretty closely? https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/do...schedule-20.pdf?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=900adbb9_2
4. Did cameras need to be on the entire time/would it have been possible to do other work outside of the actual interviewing periods?

Hi all, I got an II for next week but have some scheduling challenges with the short notice and would really appreciate some help from those who have already interviewed. Thanks in advance, I'm stressing over this 😩

1. Has anyone emailed about interviewing at a later date than the ones that were available?
2. Do you know if you can wait for later interview dates to appear on the portal and pick those, or are the 2 options there rn my only chances?
3. Did the interview day follow this sample schedule from their website pretty closely? https://medschool.cuanschutz.edu/do...schedule-20.pdf?Status=Temp&sfvrsn=900adbb9_2
4. Did cameras need to be on the entire time/would it have been possible to do other work outside of the actual interviewing periods?
I thought about emailing since neither date was very good for me but I ended up just canceling some other things to make it work. If you definitely can't make either date then I would email now rather than wait for new dates to show up.

Also I couldn't see the actual times until after choosing a date but Wednesdays the schedule is 8:45-12:45pm MST and Fridays it is from 12:15-4:15pm MST. I would assume your camera needs to be on the entire time and if you can't then you should email for another date. Hope this helps!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users

I can't answer the first two questions, but for the last two:

3. Yes, the interview day followed the outlined schedule very closely (which is nice bc some other programs hold you hostage past the allotted time) (Also, important to note that your two options are going to have different start times. So the wednesday one starts in the morning whereas the friday one starts around noon. All in Mountain Time)

4. Yes, everyone had their cameras on the entire time (except on the short 15min breaks). You should expect to have your camera on during the full duration even during the informational portions/presentations

• Care
OOS II today! Submitted as early as humanly possible.

Reactions: 8 users
Do OOS students ever get merit scholarships? I've heard Colorado is on the pricer side of med school especially for OOS students but I was wondering if anyone has any insight on this?

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear back either way from the end of September interviews?

This is an appeal to applicants who have taken Casper for admission to University of Colorado SOM.

Complete the 2023 Situational Judgment Test Experience survey.

HPSA/SDN has the 2023 SJT Experience Survey available to anyone preparing for SJTs (especially Casper and PREview). If you completed the 2022 survey, you are welcome to go ahead and complete the survey again. This survey consists of multiple pages and will take up to 10 minutes. You can also place yourself on a waitlist for a study focusing more on school-run SJTs run through platforms like Kira Talent, to be released later in the year.

Your feedback matters!
We learned a lot about how applicants prepared for Casper and PREview last year, but the number of PREview schools has almost doubled this cycle! Over 20% of all AMCAS applicants will likely have taken PREview, and up to 90% of all medical school applicants will likely have taken Casper this cycle (according to Acuity Insights). This does not include applicants in non-medical professions who have had to take these assessments for admission to physician assistant, anesthesiology assistant, dental, veterinary, pharmacy, or physical therapy programs, where we see a trend that applicants with higher Casper results are preferred. Medical residency applicants are also being asked to complete Acuity Insights Assessments, and very little is known about how program directors use these data. Your responses are vital to get objective insights on how admissions committees value the results of these exams.

Your feedback matters!
We want to hear from as many people as possible, especially those attending or applying outside of medicine (MD/DO). This year saw an expansion of SJTs in admissions, and more information has been made available on preparing for these assessments. We want to stay current with these trends to guide future applicants and students facing these SJTs.

Many of our findings from the 2022 survey align with the NAAHP Testing Task Force report released last summer. This includes concerns about proctoring, consistency of scoring, and concern that applicants are paying for validity research. But we need more student voices to gain a louder voice to advocate for future health professional school applicants.

Your feedback has helped HPSA develop a workshop focused on preparing for SJTs like Casper and PREview. This workshop is part of our Becoming a Student Doctor preparation course, and we have already had some positive results among those who have participated in our mock interview workshops. An updated workshop will be presented at the UC Davis Prehealth Conference on October 14, and we welcome opportunities to present the full-length SJT workshop to your campus!

Fill out this survey and help future applicants become physicians in their chosen profession!

In state student with LM 77 completed application 8/9 and it's been "ready and under review" since then :( No II yet and they don't accept update letters

Anyone else having trouble submitting the residency verification form?
I haven’t gotten the residency verification form yet… do you mind telling me when you interviewed please? Do you know if they send it before or after they make final decisions?

I haven’t gotten the residency verification form yet… do you mind telling me when you interviewed please? Do you know if they send it before or after they make final decisions?
I interviewed early October. They send it before decisions.

Do they send those emails to everyone they interview? Or just in-state applicants

Okay so I called them and they said they send it to everyone regardless of the admissions decision and that they werent sure why you guys havent gotten it yet. I was scared I got scammed for a sec lol

Oh god ok. Thank you so much for calling and also I'm glad you weren't getting scammed!