2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
"Your deposit must be received by the date indicated on your letter of acceptance and is refundable until midnight on April 30"
this is in the terms and conditions and i wanted to share bc i know there was some confusion earlier in the thread

Did anyone who interviewed on 12/20 hear today?
No, but everyone lately who has been accepted is IS so maybe they’re sending those ones first?

Edit: nvm ignore me lol

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So if I interviewed on 1/24 and haven’t heard back yet, should I assume waitlist since other people from that day have heard?

OOS 2nd tier WL… Sad but didn’t have high hopes cuz my stats aren’t what they want. Is everyone at a consensus that this is just a soft R?

Interview was 1/17

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS 2nd tier WL… Sad but didn’t have high hopes cuz my stats aren’t what they want. Is everyone at a consensus that this is just a soft R?

Interview was 1/17
That's how I'm interpreting my 2d tier spot. But if Hofstra is your first choice, make sure you put a lot of thought into their WL survey and your answers. I feel like that and a letter of intent might help depending on the yield this year and the resulting level of WL movement.

Reactions: 1 user
Historically how many do they take off of the first tier WL?
They don’t publish on MSAR so I didn’t think anyone knows for sure but anecdotally I know a few people there who were originally waitlisted

1st tier waitlist. Sigh. Anyone have an idea of what waitlist movement is like? Look at past threads and don't have my hopes up :(

Just withdrew my A, hope that it goes to one of you all!

• Love
Probably a little late to be asking a super simple question but does anybody know how many people get accepted overall, and/or how many people get put on the waitlist?

Probably a little late to be asking a super simple question but does anybody know how many people get accepted overall, and/or how many people get put on the waitlist?
According to US news, last year:

4493 applied
374 accepted
99 enrolled

I don't see any reported information on WL's in either MSAR or US News.

Hope this helps!

According to US news, last year:

4493 applied
374 accepted
99 enrolled

I don't see any reported information on WL's in either MSAR or US News.

Hope this helps!
Thank you! Do you think the "374 accepted" includes those accepted off the waitlist?

Congrats to all the A’s and crossing my fingers for the WLs!! Has anyone who interviewed 12/20 heard anything 😭

interviewed back in september, continued review in january, haven't heard anything since

1st Tier Waitlist just now, interviewed 1/26
+1

looking at last year's thread it seems there was movement on the 1st tier waitlist starting in May. fingers crossed since Hofstra is my first choice 🤞🤞 good luck everyone and congrats to those with As already!!

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
+1

looking at last year's thread it seems there was movement on the 1st tier waitlist starting in May. fingers crossed since Hofstra is my first choice 🤞🤞 good luck everyone and congrats to those with As already!!
Scary thing is there seems to be a lot of 1st tier wait-lists lol. We can't all get in :(

OOS 1st tier WL after interviewing in September and getting continued review in January. I accepted my position but will likely withdraw once I get financial aid packages

Post-II R, and apparently I'm the only one in this entire thread to get that 🙃

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Any thoughts on the info session they’re holding in April for WL candidates? I’m curious if they’re just gonna go through the curriculum again and such or if it’ll really matter for us like we’ll get to talk to admissions and stuff about candidacy

Any thoughts on the info session they’re holding in April for WL candidates? I’m curious if they’re just gonna go through the curriculum again and such or if it’ll really matter for us like we’ll get to talk to admissions and stuff about candidacy
All schools care about yield. Hofstra seems to really, really care as evidenced by their detailed “strongly suggested” waitlist survey.

Given that, I would show as much interest as possible by filling out survey and going to the info session.

Good luck!

All schools care about yield. Hofstra seems to really, really care as evidenced by their detailed “strongly suggested” waitlist survey.

Given that, I would show as much interest as possible by filling out survey and going to the info session.

Good luck!
Thank you for the response haha! I honestly would LOVE to go to Hofstra but I'm only 2nd tier WL so I don't have nearly as big of a shot as those on 1st tier. Certainly will be expressing as much interest in them as possible though :)!!

Thank you for the response haha! I honestly would LOVE to go to Hofstra but I'm only 2nd tier WL so I don't have nearly as big of a shot as those on 1st tier. Certainly will be expressing as much interest in them as possible though :)!!
2d tier here too! Though I’ll likely withdraw once FA has come through and I have the information needed to make a decision.

Best of luck!

2d tier here too! Though I’ll likely withdraw once FA has come through and I have the information needed to make a decision.

Best of luck!
Maybe the FA will pull through and you won’t have to withdraw if you really like Hofstra lol! Glad to know I’m not the only one in this boat though :)

Thanks also & good luck to you too!!