2023-2024 Hofstra

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1st tier WL, interviewed in September

Members don't see this ad.

still under review email; interviewed mid-December

Reactions: 2 users
also first tier waitlist, interviewed in September. is there a second tier waitlist ?

Members don't see this ad :)
2nd tier WL. Must’ve been my MCAT or something. Will be declining, but good luck to everyone else in the running!

Also got this email! Is this considered different from waitlist?
l had to double check because I thought maybe I misread it lol but it seems like for now there’s just no decision for us either way. So not WL but also not A or R 😂 just gotta wait and see

Reactions: 1 user
l had to double check because I thought maybe I misread it lol but it seems like for now there’s just no decision for us either way. So not WL but also not A or R 😂 just gotta wait and see
Same here 😂 read the email three times just to make sure

Application still under review. II in October. Does anyone have any idea what this means in comparison to the ranked WLs given out today?

Members don't see this ad :)
WL! Will be declining, best of luck everyone

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
also first tier waitlist, interviewed in September. is there a second tier waitlist ?
Yup because I just got second tier. Pretty crushed I’m assuming very little chance for second tier.

• Care
I'm the Lorax, I speak for the students, and I say this confusion is needless and convoluted. Does anyone know the difference between "continued review" and "waitlist"? feels like Hofstra is being intentionally difficult to understand.

I'm the Lorax, I speak for the students, and I say this confusion is needless and convoluted. Does anyone know the difference between "continued review" and "waitlist"? feels like Hofstra is being intentionally difficult to understand.
I believe CR just means they haven't made an official decision yet i.e. your application is still up for review and you can still be accepted, waitlisted, or rejected whereas waitlist means they've made their initial decision and will revisit your app later on in the cycle once waitlist movement starts (probably May based on previous years)

Anyone know if there’s waitlist movement before May typically or does it start late

Does the WL email state that your are in which tiers?

Does anyone have any tricks on accessing the terms and conditions/affirmation on the myhofstra site? Every time I try to open it it says broken link. I cleared cookies and cache like the letter says, and I have tried accessing it from edge and chrome. I feel so dumb, but I do not understand why it's not working

I am on the first tier waitlist as of yesterday-- does anyone know what the deadline is for filling out the waitlist survey (or if this is even required)?

+1 continued review, interviewed 12/8. Did anyone actually get accepted on Tuesday 1/23?

Is it likely if we haven't heard back yet that it could be an A? Eeeeek

Does anyone know if it's worth sending/they like to see a post-II update?
I did pre and post II. They were substantial updates. I think it's a good idea.

I doubt it seriously contributed to my A but I don't think it hurt either.

Did everyone who interviewed get either a continued review, WL, or A at this point? I’ve gotten nothing so far, interviewed early Dec OOS