2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes received an acceptance today (4/26) through a phone call around 11:30am. Wasn’t expecting it at all! Was never waitlisted and interviewed on 4/12 after applying VERY later in the cycle (which I do not recommend)!

Yes received an acceptance today (4/26) through a phone call around 11:30am. Wasn’t expecting it at all! Was never waitlisted and interviewed on 4/12 after applying VERY later in the cycle (which I do not recommend)!
congrats! I interviewed that same day, hopefully I hear back soon. Hats off, cheers mate!!!

@Ghost799 like it means the same thing (waitlist vs alternate list) some schools like to say one or the other its just preference lol

Oh okay. Yeah I only asked because I know some schools have things like "high priority waitlists" or they actually specify a difference between alternate and waitlist. I guess LMU-DCOM just uses it interchangeably.

Anyways, hope the movement starts after May 1 and that there's availability (idc what location)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Oh wow, they have a May 3 date now? I thought April 26 was the last date (but congrats on getting the II!)

Do we think they are having trouble filling the class?

Last edited:
Oh wow, they have a May 3 date now? I thought April 26 was the last date (but congrats on getting the II!)

i wonder what's with all the AL/WLs then

CURRENT STUDENTS I have a question- in the matriculation document I have to sign it states that the amount of first semester tuition must be paid by the first day of orientation- would my loans have hit by then??? How do I afford that??

Do we know if May 3rd is the final interview date? When I called them a week ago, they told me interviews were being held throughout May. Of course, this could have just been a general statement, so I just wanted to clarify regarding May 3rd.

Do we know if May 3rd is the final interview date? When I called them a week ago, they told me interviews were being held throughout May. Of course, this could have just been a general statement, so I just wanted to clarify regarding May 3rd.

Oh that's news to me. I thought they were done with interviews April 26 and most here assumed that too since recent people who interviewed (myself included) had 26th as the very last option offered. I guess they extended it?

Maybe people who recently got invites can shed light into if May 3 was the last/only date offered?

Reactions: 1 users
To the AL/WL people: has anyone gotten pulled off yet? Approximately how long did you remain on their AL/WL?

I don't even think they started pulling people off the WL/AL. And it seems they have at least one more interview date coming up, so idk how it looks. Worried there's gonna be a ton of WL (200-300+) and not enough spots for everyone...

I don't even think they started pulling people off the WL/AL. And it seems they have at least one more interview date coming up, so idk how it looks. Worried there's gonna be a ton of WL (200-300+) and not enough spots for everyone...
I would say half of those on the waitlist will be accepted at other schools and will drop their LMU application, I wouldn't worry too much

Has anyone who requested to switch from Harrogate to Knoxville been switched yet?

I think it's likely to start next week, because May 1 was just yesterday on a Wednesday and I'm sure even all the med schools are consolidating the movement stats and withdraws/drops/deposits.

Officially may! Anyone know if there have been any number of drops? Anyone off the WL hear back yet?
I have no official information, but a decent handful of people have left the accepted students groupchat over the past week. That may indicate some spots could open up soon. Wishing you luck!

Reactions: 2 users
I have no official information, but a decent handful of people have left the accepted students groupchat over the past week. That may indicate some spots could open up soon. Wishing you luck!
Can any accepted students verify a group chat, decrease in groupchat, or FB page? I'm really curious how many dropped.

withdrew my acceptance at the knoxville campus. hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 7 users
Is May 3 the last interview date for them. And anyone interviewing today, did they provide any info at all about waitlist movement and such?

Is May 3 the last interview date for them. And anyone interviewing today, did they provide any info at all about waitlist movement and such?
Today is their final interview date. From here till July is fair game in my opinion.

I am not sure as to when they statistically move the AL.

Did you all send thank yous to the admissions email or directly to the interviewers?

CURRENT STUDENTS I have a question- in the matriculation document I have to sign it states that the amount of first semester tuition must be paid by the first day of orientation- would my loans have hit by then??? How do I afford that??
Hey there!! Current OMSI. So when your federal loans are published to your account, you will go on and “accept” them. So once they’re accepted, you’re covered for the first day of classes. Your loans will be disbursed for It. And then we usually get our loan refund (with all our money to live with) the week after classes start. That’s how It was for both our fall and winter semester. So you’re all good once you accept the loans!! If you have any more questions regarding the financial aspect, email Bradford Davis in the financial aid dept. he’s been great answering all my questions in the past!

Reactions: 1 users
For everyone on the WL- they accepted students literally through our orientation last year. So there is plenty of time!!!
I was accepted the last week of May off the WL. Once May 15th or whatever that date is that people with multiple acceptances have to withdrawal all except 1, the WL started having a lot more movement. Hang tight!

I sent a LOI after my interview but before decision and got a reply back saying they received it and added it to my file. Then I was put on AL a little less than 2 weeks after that. Would it look extreme if I sent another one reaffirming I'm interested or should I just wait and pray at this point? I probably think the latter, it's not like I've had any major updates in the past month lol and I assume it's in my file anyways still.

To the current lmu-dcom students who were waitlisted and sent a letter of intent, when did you get off the WL?