2023-2024 Louisville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I asked too. Really nervous about the reply

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
They answered me!

I can say that you are in the ___ third of our waitlist. The movement is going slow but we are still processing withdrawals as they come in.

Edit: obviously if I were you all I’d also want to ask but maybe try to stagger and not everyone ask today 😅
Thank you for letting us know! I’ll pause and wait until either later Friday or Monday if I still haven’t heard anything. Really appreciate you keeping us in the loop & wishing the best for you! 🙂

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I sent a similar email yesterday and they answered with this:

Thank you for your message and continued interest. We are beginning to schedule appointments to discuss your WL position and potential plan to re-apply in the upcoming admissions cycle with our Director of Admissions. If you are interested in this opportunity, please feel free to reply with your availability beginning next week, May 13-17.

So! It sounds like I will be reapplying next cycle. Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Thank you for your message and continued interest. We are beginning to schedule appointments to discuss your WL position and potential plan to re-apply in the upcoming admissions cycle with our Director of Admissions. If you are interested in this opportunity, please feel free to reply with your availability beginning next week, May 13-17.

Best of luck to you and thank you for the update!

• Care

Did you specifically ask for your WL position? Oh they also mentioned a virtual appt with me to discuss my situation, I only included the parts of the email I thought you all would care about most. I wouldn’t count yourself out yet, even the first 5 people on the WL would have to consider reapplying because withdrawals aren’t for certain. Not trying to give you false hope, I just don’t think ALL hope is lost. I’m personally not considering reapplication right now bc I haven’t let go of this cycle, but I know I should be working on it already. I hate that the timing works like this for all of us.

Last edited:
OOS A off the waitlist today! Good luck everyone!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I found out my general position on the list but not how many people were on it (IS). Anyone have a guesstimate? Also anyone know how many people are in the admitted students gc rn for those of us trying to do the math?

Has anyone else’s Webadmit portal not been working. And if so, how did you get the A notification?

I found out my general position on the list but not how many people were on it (IS). Anyone have a guesstimate? Also anyone know how many people are in the admitted students gc rn for those of us trying to do the math?
There are currently 104 people in the GroupMe and 124 in the Facebook group!

Anyone else get that email? I know ppl don’t have to commit or withdraw until July but I was hoping it wouldn’t be this slow.

Last edited:
What email?
“UofL SOM Waitlist Applicant:

We hope this email finds you well, and we apologize for the delay in sending this email. Our system was down at the end of last week and that delayed sending out offers of admission. We did want to let you know that we have been extending offers to students on our waitlist. It is difficult to predict how much movement will occur in the future. We will continue to make offers as space becomes available on our roster. Our 'Choose Your Medical School Tool Policy' states that all accepted students must select “Commit to Enroll” or withdraw from our roster by Monday, July 1, which is 21 days before the first day of Orientation (Monday, July 22, 2024). We could extend offers up until July 19th if we have a last-minute withdrawal. Thanks again for your patience with this process, and we appreciate your continued interest in the University of Louisville School of Medicine.”

Anyone else notice not much IS movement? Been checking forums from previous years and it seems like they had way more IS movement...anyways, crossing my fingers and toes lol. 😅

I just want to say, for those still waiting, that I’m cheering you on! I was given some great advice to stay hopeful that I’d get in, but prepare for the MCAT and upcoming cycle as if I’d already been rejected. Doing so improved my MCAT score by 8-10 pts on practice exams and also reduced a lot of stress regarding the what-ifs of the waitlist. If there’s anything I can impart, it would be to follow the same advice so you have a great shot if things don’t work out this cycle, or you end up getting the email/call and are 5000x more elated than you would have been otherwise. Wishing you luck and all the best! :) it was great talking with you all on here!