2023-2024 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
NFA interviewed 11/1

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In state acceptance! Interview 11/6/23!

• Love
accepted peeps, have you all gotten the Certphi background check link yet?

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
hi everyone! L1 at LSU NOLA here. we all just finished our first semester yesterday! i honestly can't say enough good things about the school so if you have any questions about literally anything, feel free to ask me!

Reactions: 1 users
IS NFA. Interviewed on 12/06. Does anyone know if there will be movements for NFAs between now and March or only after March?

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
I got into both shreve and nola, the pass/fail at shreve is really tempting. I don't know what to decide. Anyone in a similar boat?

Reactions: 2 users
Can anyone say if the interviews are 3 faculty members? Are there student interviews or simulated patients?

Does anyone know when we should be hearing back if we got NFA after our interview?

For those who interviewed, how long did it take for you to get a follow up email. Also, does anyone remember the day they said they will meet and go over everyone on the NFA list?

For those who interviewed, how long did it take for you to get a follow up email. Also, does anyone remember the day they said they will meet and go over everyone on the NFA list?
They didn't give a date in my interview back in October, but they told us they would have an advocacy meeting in February. And I got my follow up email within 2-3 weeks if I'm remembering correctly.

Anyone know anything about the general scholarship application here and how likely it is to receive one?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ON THE NFA LIST TODAY!!!! Sending good vibes 😎

• Care
Do we think the NFA meeting decisions will go out later this week or early next week?
When I got my original NFA email, they met Friday and sent decisions Monday. I'm thinking they'll send decisions tomorrow.

When I got my original NFA email, they met Friday and sent decisions Monday. I'm thinking they'll send decisions tomorrow.
They sent an email saying that NFA decisions will go out 2 weeks after the meeting, so who knows.

If we were NFA'd twice, does that mean we have to wait until May to hear something back, or is there an advocacy meeting sooner?

If we were NFA'd twice, does that mean we have to wait until May to hear something back, or is there an advocacy meeting sooner?
I think there's only one more advocacy meeting for NFA's in late April/early May

For those who have applied and not gotten an interview yet, what are your stats and secondary submission date?

from what I remember them saying, they have an advocacy meeting every month from here on out so the next one would be probably middle of march. My interview day orientation I wrote down that they'll periodically accept or deny more people until they have a full class of people they think are going to commit but if you don't hear back my mid April then that's when you should decide to scrap this year and apply again.