2023-2024 LSU - Shreveport

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS A! MD only before MD/PhD application

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those accepted , how long after your interview did you receive the A ?

anyone who interviewed here willing to dm me to tell me ab their experience? interviewing soon and nervous 🤪

Reactions: 1 user
anyone who interviewed here willing to dm me to tell me ab their experience? interviewing soon and nervous 🤪
update: loved my interview here!! way more chill than expectedđź’ś

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Any OOS had any communication from them. My top school and I’m itchin

Any OOS had any communication from them. My top school and I’m itchin

Got the II like 20 minutes ago, OOS but mild LA ties! Complete 8/11, under review 9/28. Pretty surprised since the secondary was so short lol

• Love
Got the II like 20 minutes ago, OOS but mild LA ties! Complete 8/11, under review 9/28. Pretty surprised since the secondary was so short lol

Congrats! Do you mind if I ask stats? I didn’t complete until mid September bc I was ED elsewhere so that’s been stressful for the MD schools.

When were you under review? And stats if you don’t mind me asking?? Ties to LA?
i never got review email — i had a 505 when invited to II but got a 510 score come in a few weeks later:) aunt and uncle live in LA and parents went to LSU

i never got review email — i had a 505 when invited to II but got a 510 score come in a few weeks later:) aunt and uncle live in LA and parents went to LSU

Congrats! STTDB

• Haha
Can any current students give their general input about their experience at LSU Shreveport!

For those who have gotten IIs or As, how long were you under active review?

Reactions: 4 users
Just got my "under active review" email. OOS, complete mid-July

Same question here! Just got an under review email and am trying to gauge when I will hear an update :)

Also just received that email, submitted mid/late August OOS

Just got the under review email! Complete early Aug, OOS, LM 68

For those wondering how long you may hear back after being placed in active review, I got the review email 9/28 and the II on 11/6 !

The one week I'm going on vacation they decide to have a first look day...

• Haha
OOS A in mail yesterday, interviewed 11/28! Does anyone know if acceptance is binding??

• Love
OOS A in mail yesterday, interviewed 11/28! Does anyone know if acceptance is binding??
Congrats! And from what I understand accepting is just holding your spot in the class. It’s not binding until you “commit to enroll” using the choose your medical school tool from AMCAS.

been on active review since 9/21 and have not recieved anything since the accidental interview invitation email. Anyone else in the same boat?

been on active review since 9/21 and have not recieved anything since the accidental interview invitation email. Anyone else in the same boat?
friend in a similar situation got an II two weeks ago, sending best wishes to yall

I got into both shreve and nola, the pass/fail at shreve is really tempting. I don't know what to decide. Anyone in a similar boat?

Same. File complete with both Shreveport and Nola since 11/13. Interviewed with New Orleans 12/5.

any OOS complete mid august get an II yet?

For people that were able to go, how was the first look day?

For people that were able to go, how was the first look day?
It was very chill. We were able to tour the new building and it was extremely impressive. We even got to participate in some practice procedures with residents and doctors. All of the staff and students were exceptionally nice. The only hiccup of the day was the bus shuttle was late by quite a bit in the morning but it wasn't that big of a deal.

interesting, i’m from California so not anywhere near the south but wondering if that has anything to do with it

Anyone know of an accepted students group chat or anything yet?

I am interviewing on 1/30. Does anyone that has interviewed have any advice on the actual interview or how you prepared? Shreveport is one of the schools on the top of my list since I am from Louisiana, so I am a little nervous about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!