2023-2024 Morehouse

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 II OOS!! Does anyone know if it is open file or closed for the one-on-one interviews?
open file, 30 min each

1 with a student
1 with adcom

do you mind sharing how many characters your "Why Morehouse" essay is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone else here a non trad? I looked at the incoming class and they all look like babies 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone else here a non trad? I looked at the incoming class and they all look like babies 😭
I am, 26 years old! Don't let it bother you lol, regardless of how old, you will still be a doctor as opposed to not being one in the future

Reactions: 4 users
Hello! Question: For the second prompt, should we avoid mentioning the other specialty we're interested in, or does it not matter?
they do focus on primary care, but i know someone who said he was interested in neurosurgery and he is a current student at MSM. Just tie it back to helping the community

hey guys! I got submitted by primary app on 7/28 and still haven't heard back. I accidentally put "No" for the question about taking the PREVIEW exam but I actually take it next week. I sent an email to the admissions office letting them know when I plan to take it, but I haven't heard anything back. Should I call?

I'm just feeling anxious bc people are already getting secondaries and my friend submitted a week before me and got a secondary from Morehouse 3 days later.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! I got submitted by primary app on 7/28 and still haven't heard back. I accidentally put "No" for the question about taking the PREVIEW exam but I actually take it next week. I sent an email to the admissions office letting them know when I plan to take it, but I haven't heard anything back. Should I call?

I'm just feeling anxious bc people are already getting secondaries and my friend submitted a week before me and got a secondary from Morehouse 3 days later.
Yeah but I doubt it's because of the preview. They usually screen apps for secondaries but could've messed up. Another school I applied to messed up and used my old mcat score instead of my new one. I had to call them to verify if everything was good;they actually DID mess up and apologized for the serious mishap. They are people just like you and me, not perfect. I'll highly suggest you call and find out like I did.

I submitted my secondary on July 26th when I received it, and I am regular decision!
Okay cool! Congrats!! Just submitted my secondary last week after a few days from receiving it. Hoping for an II soon 🙏

Reactions: 1 user
"Did you use the assistance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) while completing your application?"

If I used grammarly for grammar and punctuation do I say yes?

• Haha
anyone complete around 7/26 who hasn't yet gotten an interview?

Sent in 7/28. Last Tuesday decided to not send in one of my letters of rec as it wasn’t required. The professor submitted it last Thursday. Nothing yet.

Complete 8/4, OOS II just recieved!!! Ahh so excited! :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary app and paid the fee however I didn’t receive a confirmation email saying that my app was submitted.

I also tried logging back in to my dashboard but the page is blank for some reason? Has anyone experienced this? I did email the admissions team and am waiting to hear back from them.

Just received my II OOS, I am pretty excited.

Last edited:
I submitted my secondary app and paid the fee however I didn’t receive a confirmation email saying that my app was submitted.

I also tried logging back in to my dashboard but the page is blank for some reason? Has anyone experienced this? I did email the admissions team and am waiting to hear back from them.
It seems no one gets an email saying complete so I think that's just how they so it

Congrats to all that got an II. For my sanity, I won't check on here until I get an update. Wishing all the best for everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
would yall still say its early in the process, I have yet to submit secondary and I got it over a month ago because my science professors are lagging it, am i still good?

would yall still say its early in the process, I have yet to submit secondary and I got it over a month ago because my science professors are lagging it, am i still good?

I would say still early. However, submitting an month later kinda says it’s not a priority school. Definitely submit and email your professors and let them know you are in the secondary stage and schools need your letters to continue.

Any II for anyone from this past week ?

Reactions: 1 users
"Did you use the assistance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) while completing your application?"

If I used grammarly for grammar and punctuation do I say yes?
I used AI for grammar/spelling errors, synonyms, and brainstorming. So I just clarified in the box that asks for phone number

OOS II just a few min ago! Complete 7/27. Genuinely surprised!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Same, just got an interview from Morehouse a few mins ago 😁🙏🏿🙏🏿 beyond grateful

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
OOS II received this morning. Submitted secondary on 7/29.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users