2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the commit to enroll deadline for this school? Wondering if I can remain on the waitlist for an MD school past April 30

Members don't see this ad.

post II OOS R today, interviewed mid-march; honestly shocked because I thought i knocked that interview out of the park. Happy to hold another A, but w/e...
I feel you on this. It stings especially when you legit felt good about your interview experience. I just got a post-II R a few days ago, and I interviewed a week ago. Guess it wasn't meant to be, but on to the next. I'm holding another A somewhere else too, and it makes me appreciate how much they liked me to accept me. Wishing you all the best!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
can any current PCOM students explain how the new trimester schedule is gonna work in the 25-26 academic year? does that mean you start in may??

can any current PCOM students explain how the new trimester schedule is gonna work in the 25-26 academic year? does that mean you start in may??
As far as I know, there hasn't been a lot said about the new start times. However, I would assume it would be very similar to how most med schools schedule their classes throughout the year. In other words, PCOM should have two semesters (classes are currently given in trimesters for DO students) and a summer term that would be for students in other programs and other classes that DO students can take. I believe that once they begin using the new schedule, it should make the first day of classes be sometime in late July or early August, but that's just a prediction based on what has been said about the schedule

I interviewed last week, but I'm still stuck at 5 bars: "interview scheduled". Anyone else have this experience?

I interviewed last week, but I'm still stuck at 5 bars: "interview scheduled". Anyone else have this experience?
i had this experience as well, it took about 4 weeks for it to move to 6 bars. currently still at 6 bars

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were granted interviews/accepted, did you have a letter of rec from a DO? I have three from MDs, as those are the credentials of the ones I work for. Is it the end of the world if I don’t have one from a DO? Trying to plan for the upcoming cycle haha.

For those who were granted interviews/accepted, did you have a letter of rec from a DO? I have three from MDs, as those are the credentials of the ones I work for. Is it the end of the world if I don’t have one from a DO? Trying to plan for the upcoming cycle haha.
Although it is generally recommended to have one, you should be fine if you don't have one from a DO. One of my letters was from an MD and it didn't cause any problems

None of my letters were DO and I still got an interview! (They were all MD or PhD)

I didn’t have any physician letters and am on the WL right now.

Got accepted with only an MD letter

Members don't see this ad :)
If I interviewed on Feb 27th and am still at 6 bars, would it be ok to email admissions about an update, or should I just wait it out? I know they said a decision is made about 6 weeks from the interview date.

If I interviewed on Feb 27th and am still at 6 bars, would it be ok to email admissions about an update, or should I just wait it out? I know they said a decision is made about 6 weeks from the interview date.
You should absolutely reach out to them! They told me at my interview to reach out if I haven't heard from them in 6 weeks.

IS II earlier this evening!! The earliest dates available were the second week in May, but they had dates available through the end of May

Reactions: 3 users
My bars have been stuck at 4 (complete and under review) does the bar move right when they invite you for an interview?

Last edited:
My bars have been stuck at 4 (complete and under review) do the bar move right when they invite you for an interview?
Yes, bar will move to 5/7 when you are invited for an interview and then to 6/7 when you complete the interview and are under final review.

IS II earlier this evening!! The earliest dates available were the second week in May, but they had dates available through the end of May
Congrats! At this point are all invites for WL spots? I'm also in the 4/7 bar purgatory like others on here lol for ages

Congrats! At this point are all invites for WL spots? I'm also in the 4/7 bar purgatory like others on here lol for ages
I was looking through last year's forum and everyone who got II's were being considered for A's, even the people who got invites as late as June

I was looking through last year's forum and everyone who got II's were being considered for A's, even the people who got invites as late as June

Wow that's nice! I'm surprised they interview this late, I think their website said they only interview until March.

7 bars today with two dropdown boxes now! Does anyone know how long it usually takes once you get to 7 bars to get your decision?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
7 bars today with two dropdown boxes now! Does anyone know how long it usually takes once you get to 7 bars to get your decision?
Usually, you get a decision the next day through your portal. However, since tomorrow is a weekend, your official decision may not be given until next Monday. Nonetheless, the two dropdown boxes should indicate what the decision was ;)

did you guys get an email saying you were invited to interview or did you have to manually check the portal?

Just withdrew my A. This is a really awesome school and many of my friends here have had good experiences. I saw myself going here for a long time. Best of luck y’all!

• Love
I hit 6 bars today! Interviewed 4/2. Crossing my fingers for some good news before too long:xf:

I also was accepted with only an MD letter

• Care
Withdrew my acceptance here, hope it does to one of you future docs!

• Love
anyone have tips for the virtual interview here?
You should definitely prep yourself on having the answer for the most common questions asked in any medical school interview (e.g., Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to become a physician? Why do you want to come here? Do you have any questions for us?). Furthermore, as PCOM is a DO school, you will also need to have an answer of why you want to be a DO.

Overall, the interview is not meant to be stressful at all and is pretty much a conversation between you and the panel of interviewers that you will have

Hey y'all, I tracked interview dates & decision dates for everyone who has shared this PCOM cycle. ~24 days on avg, but high variability
1714017478717.png

Reactions: 7 users
Interviewed 4/4 and at 6 bars today!! Hoping for good news soon!!