2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if their classes are full yet or if they’re still sending out II?

Reactions: 1 user
i have an interview coming up soon, i was wondering if there were any questions they asked (outside of the basics) that threw anyone off guard?

Members don't see this ad :)
Talked to one of my friends who applied last year and she said she didn't get her II until March, but I'm still getting nervous. Anyone have any more info on where they are in the interview process or how much longer they'll be sending out II's??

Reactions: 2 users
i have an interview coming up soon, i was wondering if there were any questions they asked (outside of the basics) that threw anyone off guard?
Besides the basic questions, be ready for an ethical scenario question or a question about navigating an issue. The interviewers want to know your thought process and how you would approach these questions in a logical manner. Best of luck with your interview!!

Talked to one of my friends who applied last year and she said she didn't get her II until March, but I'm still getting nervous. Anyone have any more info on where they are in the interview process or how much longer they'll be sending out II's??
I don't have any info on where they are currently at with their cycle, but if this cycle will be anything like last year, then there will be still be some IIs sent out for some time (they may stop sending them out by April)

This process is so brutal, stuck at 4/7 and at this point I can’t give up my other acceptances for PCOM. Sucks knowing I’m eastern PA native with 3 letters from PCOM docs

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
This process is so brutal, stuck at 4/7 and at this point I can’t give up my other acceptances for PCOM. Sucks knowing I’m eastern PA native with 3 letters from PCOM docs
+1
still at 4 bars and ive submitted update letters and have a letter from a PCOM doc and former admissions committee member!! Hopefully we hear something soon

For those who have interviewed, how long did it take you to go from 6 to 7 bars. I understand everyone’s time line is different but just wanted to get a general idea.

For those who have interviewed, how long did it take you to go from 6 to 7 bars. I understand everyone’s time line is different but just wanted to get a general idea.
23 days for me until decision, might've switched to 7 bars the day before (?)

Members don't see this ad :)
still at 4/7 bars since the beginning of August. The suspense is real

Reactions: 4 users
About 15 days from the day of my interview!

Is anyone aware of PCOMs post-II acceptance rate? Can't find those figures anywhere.

Withdrew from PCOMSOGA waitlist for another program. Hope it works out for someone here :)

anyone get an interview this week? I know some people had interviews this week but did anyone receive an invitation? they were on spring break last week but apparently some people still heard back last week.

update: still anxious and freaking out in 4 bar purgatory

Reactions: 12 users
Recently got the A!! Here are my stats/timeline:
50X MCAT, 3.93 GPA, LM 64, IS, Complete 6/29/23, Interview Invite 1/24/24, Interview 2/13/24, A on 3/6/24

I need some guidance on whether to choose this school or MSUCOM. I am about the same distance away from both, and I have heard that both schools have great clinical opportunities for rotations and research. Was wondering if I could get someone's opinion.

Recently got the A!! Here are my stats/timeline:
50X MCAT, 3.93 GPA, LM 64, IS, Complete 6/29/23, Interview Invite 1/24/24, Interview 2/13/24, A on 3/6/24

I need some guidance on whether to choose this school or MSUCOM. I am about the same distance away from both, and I have heard that both schools have great clinical opportunities for rotations and research. Was wondering if I could get someone's opinion.
i had the same issue - i ended up giving up MSUCOM because I didn't like the area as much as philly. also i've heard MSU's anatomy is much tougher and didn't feel like dealing with that lol. Also I'll end up withdrawing from PCOM as well, but still holding this A atm.

OS +1, 4/7 bars since August. They are offering dates into mid April.

+1 II IS for PCOM philly but i’ll be withdrawing my app, hope the interview goes to one of you!

Does anyone know when they stop offering interviews? I still haven't received anything and am very much worrying :dead:
Hi, folks!! I received an interview invite on 3/14, going to be in person!! Stats/Info: 502 MCAT, 3.6 GPA. I have lived in Philly for the past 5 years, spent my gap years working my way up as a scribe serving underserved and at-risk populations, have lots of shadowing, and loads of leadership experience. This interview means a great deal to me. Any pointers or recommendations are appreciated🙏🙏

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hi, folks!! I received an interview invite on 3/14, going to be in person!! Stats/Info: 502 MCAT, 3.6 GPA. I have lived in Philly for the past 5 years, spent my gap years working my way up as a scribe serving underserved and at-risk populations, have lots of shadowing, and loads of leadership experience. This interview means a great deal to me. Any pointers or recommendations are appreciated🙏🙏
It’s very conversational, just be yourself and be confident and it will be received well by interviewers. I was asked some situational judgment questions that did surprise me but they just want to see how you process. Good luck though!

Hey guys a quick question. If you reject an interview invite, can you apply to this school again next year? Does it look bad?

Hey guys a quick question. If you reject an interview invite, can you apply to this school again next year? Does it look bad?
I would only turn down an interview if I was accepted somewhere else and would rather go to X school compared to PCOM. In that case you wouldn't have to apply next year anyways. No reason to turn it down if you're still pending decisions. I wouldn't gamble on getting in elsewhere. Probably doesn't look great if you turn down an interview then reapply next year.

Reactions: 1 users
I would only turn down an interview if I was accepted somewhere else and would rather go to X school compared to PCOM. In that case you wouldn't have to apply next year anyways. No reason to turn it down if you're still pending decisions. I wouldn't gamble on getting in elsewhere. Probably doesn't look great if you turn down an interview then reapply next year.
I know... that's what I thought! But I am actually turning down all pending decisions for this year due to an unexpected family problem. I know I won't be able to commit fully right now. And I do not want to interview and then have hope that I will get in lol. I am not sure if calling them would maybe help....

I know... that's what I thought! But I am actually turning down all pending decisions for this year due to an unexpected family problem. I know I won't be able to commit fully right now. And I do not want to interview and then have hope that I will get in lol. I am not sure if calling them would maybe help....
In that case I would definitely let them know your situation. At the end of the day if you were accepted they might even let you defer to next year

Just got an II! Philly native, 3.2 undergrad and 3.9 graduate gpa, many extracurriculars while in military school. MCAT is in the very low 490s. Did not think it was possible but grateful they are giving me a chance to explain my story😭

Reactions: 6 users
hey guys! i interviewed two weeks ago, however i am still at 5 bars (says interview has been scheduled) on the applicant portal. is that normal?

Congrats to those who have recently gotten II! Do you all remember what dates were available and if in-person or virtual?

hey guys! i interviewed two weeks ago, however i am still at 5 bars (says interview has been scheduled) on the applicant portal. is that normal?
Yeah I was at 5 bars until like two weeks after my interview then went to 6 bars which I’ve been sitting at for almost two weeks lol

Been WL since mid January. Has anyone been moved to A from WL? Or is anyone familiar with what their process/timeline typically looks like in regards to their wait list?