2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,

Very Non-trad applicant who is now an M1 as well. Definitely happy to answer any questions about the process, prior service, HPSP/reserves, having a family and med school, etc. I also sat on that waitlist struggle bus until July.

Reactions: 3 users
I’ve got two sci LoR in and was going to use my PI from a former research I assisted, who is also a MD, for third letter. However, physician letter writer been ghosting for too long. I don’t have a committee/advisor. Who should I try and get for a third rec? Business professor? Supervisor of a non clinical volunteer opportunity? I’m not sure where to go with it

Members don't see this ad :)
II at 8pm this evening for the Philly campus. Applied to sga as well, haven’t heard from them

Reactions: 1 users
Good lord, your application was just a formality. Congratulation Doc !!!
I truly don’t think it was! Although yes I feel like my MCAT has helped me but it’s only one piece!! I’m average otherwise haha

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
IS II received via email just now! submitted my secondary on 6/30. LM 74.5

edit: for philly campus. also if it is helpful to anyone (bc i didn’t know), they have options for either virtual or in-person interview dates.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How weird. I just got my third rec in and instead of going 3->4 bars it went 3->2. I have no idea what’s going on at all

How weird. I just got my third rec in and instead of going 3->4 bars it went 3->2. I have no idea what’s going on at all
just guessing but maybe they need to process ur third rec before moving u back to 3 bars (which im guessing is application complete)

4 bars is complete (finally) now I just need to find the average time between 4 bars and interview invite and the standard deviation to plot a distribution and calculate for each day where I am on such a distribution

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
4 bars is complete (finally) now I just need to find the average time between 4 bars and interview invite and the standard deviation to plot a distribution and calculate for each day where I am on such a distribution
Don't do it. I have been at 4 bars since July (submitted in May) and have yet to hear back lol

Reactions: 1 user
travelled 30 years into the future and i am still at 4 bars. On my way to the past right now to beat the crap out of whoever came up with this concept lmao

Last edited:
  • Haha
OOS II received today. There are on-campus and virtual options for interviews, but no dates were listed as available for on-campus when I went to register. I registered for a virtual date and then emailed the admissions office and they gave me an on-campus interview for next week (9/28)! Does anyone know the full-day itinerary for on-campus interviews? My portal hasn't updated to the on-campus instructions yet.

OOS II received today. There are on-campus and virtual options for interviews, but no dates were listed as available for on-campus when I went to register. I registered for a virtual date and then emailed the admissions office and they gave me an on-campus interview for next week (9/28)! Does anyone know the full-day itinerary for on-campus interviews? My portal hasn't updated to the on-campus instructions yet.
so i’m interviewing tomorrow and i got my “schedule” today. it looks like it basically consists of a welcome session and then the interview. it says the day will be over once your interview is over. it seems like it won’t take the full 4.5 hours they said it would, but idk if they are staggering interview slots throughout the afternoon. the portal also includes presentations they say we should watch before the interview.

also, when i was trying to schedule mine, i saw nothing, then i had to check a little box to “display more dates,” which was confusing. idk why they wouldn’t just show all the dates by default.

so i’m interviewing tomorrow and i got my “schedule” today. it looks like it basically consists of a welcome session and then the interview. it says the day will be over once your interview is over. it seems like it won’t take the full 4.5 hours they said it would, but idk if they are staggering interview slots throughout the afternoon. the portal also includes presentations they say we should watch before the interview.

also, when i was trying to schedule mine, i saw nothing, then i had to check a little box to “display more dates,” which was confusing. idk why they wouldn’t just show all the dates by default.
Good luck with your interview tomorrow! Let me know if you have any questions regarding it

For those with interviews, do you know around when you had 4 bars 😅

For those with interviews, do you know around when you had 4 bars 😅
i unfortunately don’t remember. i also didn’t check the portal very frequently so i’m not sure exactly when it would have changed

Thank you so much, that's super helpful! What time is the welcome session? 8am? Good luck tomorrow!! You've got this!

Thank you so much, that's super helpful! What time is the welcome session? 8am? Good luck tomorrow!! You've got this!
it’s at 12, with my interview after. all the dates i saw started the “day” at 12

thank you! could you share generally how your experience was? any questions that stood out to you?
My experience was a pretty good. The whole interview process throughout gave me a welcoming and collaborative feeling between students as well as between students and faculty.

Since the interview was blind, they asked some standard question (Tell us about yourself? Why DO? Why here?). One question involved a hypothetical scenario so that the interviewers could see my problem solving skills, which kind of caught me off guard but I felt like was able to answer their question. Overall, the interview process is pretty chill.

Thanks and sure! I submitted 6/29 and 520 MCAT 3.7 GPA
Holy ghost fiyaaa! your acceptance had already been foretold in the Heavens lmao. With an MCAT as big as my credit score, your application was just a formality

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Holy ghost fiyaaa! your acceptance had already been foretold in the Heavens lmao. With an MCAT as big as my credit score, your application was just a formality
Haha I hope you’re right. I definitely love the vibe of PCOM so hoping the II goes smoothly

• Care
Just received an interview invitation with really low stats. We'll see how it goes! Check post history.
Stats? I just checked this page's post history and didn't see anything. I need hope lol
Edit: Jk I checked personal post history. Hope restored!

Just received an interview invitation with really low stats. We'll see how it goes! Check post history.
Congrats on your II! Do you mind sharing when you submitted your app?

OOS II just now! LM 72. 4 bars in mid August.

Does anyone know what their post-ii acceptance rate is?

I just got the A!!!! Interviewed 9/11. Literally does not feel real.

Reactions: 4 users
Received the A today as well! Interviewed 9/20

I completed around end of July early August, heard nothing yet. Do I still got a chance?

I completed around end of July early August, heard nothing yet. Do I still got a chance?
I was complete in late June and still have not heard anything yet, so I have no idea as well.

Reactions: 2 users