2023-2024 Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM-PA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just refreshed my portal after checking this thread, at 6 bars.

Members don't see this ad.

Bumping this! Thanks, all.
I did and submitted a letter to the portal on 10/13 but no activity since then. I'm just holding on to the idea that I did everything I possibly could and now the ball is in their court. Now it's really the waiting game for me now.

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone's portal who already interviewed just change to 7 bars?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone's portal who already interviewed just change to 7 bars?
I just checked my portal, showed 7 bars, not sure if my status changed last night or today. Interviewed 10/18.
Historically, 7 bars indicate a decision the next day (per @AFilmDoctor). Did you hear back at all today?

Last edited:
I still haven't heard back today unfortunately
Didn't you get into PCOM GA? I'm just curious if you think it's worthwhile to try for PCOM PA because I did too lol

Didn't you get into PCOM GA? I'm just curious if you think it's worthwhile to try for PCOM PA because I did too lol
Yeah PCOM PA is my top choice for DO schools cuz it’s so well established. Their match lists are way better than GA tbh

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Received a phone call before the email came in. Portal changed to seven bars yesterday. Interviewed 10/18.

Reactions: 5 users
What’s the lowest mcat you all have seen accepted here?
Idk about this cycle, but at the open house this past May they said they took someone in the upcoming class with a 495.

Does anyone know if they started sending out pre-II R's?

Accepted this past Friday, interviewed 10/18.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! What was the interview like?
Fairly standard, very conversational. They pose a few scenario questions at you about how you view yourself, but they’re not too challenging.
Stats were 3.64 cGPA, 3.54 sGPA, 508 MCAT

Fairly standard, very conversational. They pose a few scenario questions at you about how you view yourself, but they’re not too challenging.
Stats were 3.64 cGPA, 3.54 sGPA, 508 MCAT
Those are my exact stats 🫡 hoping for an II soon

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just checked my portal today, 7 bars and interviewed on 10/31. Does that mean I will get a decision soon?

Reactions: 1 user
Just checked my portal today, 7 bars and interviewed on 10/31. Does that mean I will get a decision soon?
Yeah I think so… still on 6 bars and interviewed 10/27

Are a good amount of interviews still going out for this school? Don’t know whether to start worrying or not lmao

Are a good amount of interviews still going out for this school? Don’t know whether to start worrying or not lmao
Looking at past threads it seems like a lot of interviews go out after the new year through March. Hoping that's the case this year. Also, as deposit deadlines get closer I'm sure that people will withdraw and more interviews will go out. In the meantime I'll just keep panicking

Reactions: 4 users
Just wanted to give a heads up about what happens once you reach 7 bars. Typically, that should indicate a decision should be released to you soon (usually by the next day). This can be one of three decisions: A, WL, or R. Based off of last year's thread, if you're on 7 bars and you see two dropdown menus available at the bottom of your portal (I believe that this is for withdrawing) when there's usually one dropdown menu. The new dropdown menu should give options that also has "After Offer" next to them. If this is seen on your portal, then that means you will be receiving an acceptance. I don't know if this has been changed for this year's cycle though. Nonetheless, best of luck to everyone here!

Got the A this morning!!! LM 74, Interviewed 10/31.

Still nothing and interviewed on 10/27

Edited: Still nothing. Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?

Last edited:
  • Care
I don't know if it's just me, but my interview was intense. It was not a casual conversation at all. I feel like a few questions caught me off guard but I was also just so thrown off by my interviewers' reactions. Well, so I totally bombed it and I hope you guys have a better experience.

I'm too embarrassed to even write the thank you note right now lmao

• Care
You had to recite them?
This may be an interviewer specific question because this didn't come up during my interview. The only thing close to this was the question of "Why DO?" which I did mention about the holistic approach to a patient's care. But it would definitely be beneficial to have the four tenets memorized prior to an interview just in case it comes up

II Nov 9th

But my interview options weren't until jan of 2024. Anyone else have recent II with far dates?

Still nothing and interviewed on 10/27

Edited: Still nothing. Does anyone know when we should expect to hear back?
It says we'll have a decision within six weeks of the interview but I know a lot of people heard back sooner - I guess it varies. I interviewed 10/18 but still haven't heard back ):

Last edited:
For what it's worth, last cycle my decision took almost seven weeks. (interviewed early January, heard back late February). Hopefully they're more efficient this cycle. I was accepted, so don't take a long wait as a bad sign!

• Love
I wish they would just throw a bunch of II at us.. im tired of the 4 bars life.

Reactions: 14 users
Hello everyone!! I was wondering what the interview format is like and what to expect the day of the interview

Hello everyone!! I was wondering what the interview format is like and what to expect the day of the interview
Pretty casual, mine was a half hour with two interviewers and a shadower. I can’t recall if it was open or closed file but just be yourself and it should work out

Interviews should be a closed file, panel interview. You will not know who your interviewers will be prior to your interview day, but it usually consists of faculty, adcoms, and/or students. The interview is pretty laid back as Rocky previously mentioned. Just be prepared to answer the typical interview questions (Tell us about yourself? Why physician? Why PCOM? Why DO?). Best of luck!!!

• Love
OOS II. Complete mid sept. LM 69.

Reactions: 3 users
Been stuck at 4 bars since early October, anyone know how long i might have to wait for an II?