2023-2024 Rocky Vista University College of Osteopathic Medicine (RVUCOM-Utah)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone done a campus tour here? I registered for one in January but don't know what time it is at and I am traveling from out of state.
If you're going to the one on 01/18, this is what I can see on the portal re: times etc.

Event will take place from 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM. (Check-In begins at 10:30 AM)

Guests are welcome on campus for a self-guided tour from 3:30-4:30 PM.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Is this different than the waitlist?
APS is accepted pending , so I think it is technically accepted but waiting for the seats opened.
And alternate list is typical waitlist i guess!
I am wondering how many APS and alternate seats they offer.

So I received an II (submitted my secondary 9/12 and primary 7/11) on Dec 7th and signed up for my interview for yesterday 12/19 at 11 am. I got an email that I was accepted RIGHT NOW and my portal also says I am accepted... and it's not APS, its I have a seat? I did not get a call and I also interviewed YESTERDAY. Is this a mistake?? Did this happen to anyone else? I am so confused cause I didn't even get a call and the email says they were excited to call me and tell me the news lol

Reactions: 1 users
So I received an II (submitted my secondary 9/12 and primary 7/11) on Dec 7th and signed up for my interview for yesterday 12/19 at 11 am. I got an email that I was accepted RIGHT NOW and my portal also says I am accepted... and it's not APS, its I have a seat? I did not get a call and I also interviewed YESTERDAY. Is this a mistake?? Did this happen to anyone else? I am so confused cause I didn't even get a call and the email says they were excited to call me and tell me the news lol
Congratulations..you got accepted as it shows both portal and email and both can't go wrong at the same time :) it looks like they really liked your interview :)

Last edited:
  • Care
Congratulations! They have specific days each month in which decision on interviews are made so I'm guessing this just happened to fall in line with your interview. I also received the email prior to the call. You'll likely get a call within the next 1-2 days!

• Care
Congratulations! They have specific days each month in which decision on interviews are made so I'm guessing this just happened to fall in line with your interview. I also received the email prior to the call. You'll likely get a call within the next 1-2 days!
Thank you! and congrats to you too! I'm just so shocked they made the decision so quickly. This is my first A of the cycle so I'm so happy to know that no matter what else happens this cycle, I will be attending med school next year :giggle:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A today! Interviewed Friday 12-15!!! So excited. LM 62.2, OOS

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted today! Interviewed the first week of December.

Is there an accepted student groupme or a facebook group?

Got accepted Weds! Interviewed 12/13 so they were quick with their turn around!

So I've been accepted and just got an email about my prerequisites. I am just shy of the semester hours for the biochem requirement but I graduated 3 years ago with my degrees. Is this cause to redact my acceptance? I paid the deposit and am going to tour the school in two weeks.....
When did you get accepted? I think you can complete it before matriculation

can anyone share the type of interview questions that the interviewers asked?

Received a II today to UT but I only applied to the CO campus. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m only interested in the CO campus so I’m not sure what this means

Received a II today to UT but I only applied to the CO campus. Did this happen to anyone else? I’m only interested in the CO campus so I’m not sure what this means
Same thing happened to me today as well--applied to CO campus, interview invite today for UT. Unsure of what it means, but will be declining my interview due to already being accepted at my top choice.

This also happened to me and I interviewed for that campus. I was still impressed by the Utah campus.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I had some questions about the school if anyone could answer. Sorry I have a lot!

1) How is the curriculum structured? Is it more small group or lecture?

2) Do you have dedicated study time?

3) How often are tests and what is the style of them?

4) How is student involvement?

Any accepted student group me? Can’t wait to meet my future classmates!

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrawing my A here, hope it goes to one of you! Good luck out there y'all :)

OOS II this morning but Noorda already accepted so I'll decline. Good luck folks!

OOS II this morning but Noorda already accepted so I'll decline. Good luck folks!
Just wanted to let you know that Noorda does not qualify for federal student loans, so if you are not paying out of pocket for tuition the private loans will be at a much higher interest rate. RVU does qualify for federal student loans.

Just wanted to let you know that Noorda does not qualify for federal student loans, so if you are not paying out of pocket for tuition the private loans will be at a much higher interest rate. RVU does qualify for federal student loans.
Yeah I heard about it. Luckily it seems they'll be eligible for student loans next year, so I guess one year of private loans isn't the worst.

Yeah I heard about it. Luckily it seems they'll be eligible for student loans next year, so I guess one year of private loans isn't the worst.

I’d be cautious as well, obviously it’s not the same school but ICOM has been saying they will be eligible “next year” for the last 4 years. And they’ve been around longer than Noorda. It’s not really up to the schools and being eligible doesn’t mean they will get it.

Anyone from late Jan interviews hear back yet? I know it’s early to hear but… anxious lol

Hey guys! Where did y'all send thank you notes? I cannot find their emails.

Just got the A call now, my first ever. I’m speechless.

Reactions: 6 users
Hey friends,

I just started a Group Me for accepted students 2024. Join below!

Hey friends,

I just started a Group Me for accepted students 2024. Join below!

Excellent. I've been waiting for someone to do this! I still haven't 100% decided on where I'm going but RVU-UT is a top contender. Looking forward to connecting more with all of you!

Anyone know when February interviews should be hearing back?
I’m reading this thread and people got A on 2/13 which means their next meeting will be in 3-4 weeks. If you interviewed anytime after 2/13 should hear back by 3/5 or 3/12 I would think….

Do you write seperate essays for the different campuses (Utah/CO vs Montana)?
Utah/ Colorado application is completely separate from the Montana campus. Whether they have different secondary prompts you will have to look into that.

If you get an II from the UT campus, does that mean you won't get one for the CO campus?

why did they just send me an email that I missed my deposit and they withdrew my app 😭 I literally paid last week, got the confirmation email, and the portal still states that I paid my final deposit and am good to go... but also I know the portal takes time to update. This has to be a mistake. Did anyone else have this happen? My heart dropped when I saw the email.

why did they just send me an email that I missed my deposit and they withdrew my app 😭 I literally paid last week, got the confirmation email, and the portal still states that I paid my final deposit and am good to go... but also I know the portal takes time to update. This has to be a mistake. Did anyone else have this happen? My heart dropped when I saw the email.
This just happened to me too and I immediately called and left a voicemail