3.01 science gpa for DO schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futurenjdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After several retakes at the end of the spring, I should be at this mark. should I apply to schools with this GPA?? I haven't taken my mcat yet

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, but apply broadly, and skip the coastal Touros,Western, CCOM, PCOM, CUSOM, BCOM and KCU. Aim for the newest schools. I can't recommend LUCOM.

After several retakes at the end of the spring, I should be at this mark. should I apply to schools with this GPA?? I haven't taken my mcat yet

Yes, but apply broadly, and skip the coastal Touros,Western, CCOM, PCOM, CUSOM, BCOM and KCU. Aim for the newest schools. I can't recommend LUCOM.
Skip BCOM, CUSOM, and coastal Touro's? Curious as to why you are telling OP to cut these schools out? I understand why not to include the others.

Members don't see this ad :)
Skip BCOM, CUSOM, and coastal Touro's? Curious as to why you are telling OP to cut these schools out? I understand why not to include the others.

CUSOM has a cutoff at 3.2

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you for your response. Would i have a shot with a high mcat score?

You and I are in similar positions. I have a 3.1 sGPA and a 3.3 cGPA after 3 retakes. I am hoping to score 504+ on MCAT. I have good EC's and good LoR's including one from a speciality DO. I also applied to a post-bacc program in case my MCAT isn't so hot. Make sure you apply broadly and early and crush MCAT. You and I both need everything else on app to be great to stand a shot.

What are your EC's? LoR's?

You and I are in similar positions. I have a 3.1 sGPA and a 3.3 cGPA after 3 retakes. I am hoping to score 504+ on MCAT. I have good EC's and good LoR's including one from a speciality DO. I also applied to a post-bacc program in case my MCAT isn't so hot. Make sure you apply broadly and early and crush MCAT. You and I both need everything else on app to be great to stand a shot.

What are your EC's? LoR's?

here is a link to a post i made that answers all of your questions? : http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...ycle-bad-gpa-need-advice-and-insight.1168756/