3.3 cGPA 3.6sGPA 33 MCAT URM, where should I aim?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DylanE

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a transfer student, after moving to a UC I went from a 2.8 to holding a 3.8 for the last few years. I am Mexican/american, speak decent spanish, but could get back to around fluent with some work. ECs include 350 hours over 6 months working as a tutor in a school in rural Nicaragua, 100 hours at an ED, 50 hours shadowing over several specialties. Also helped set up a non-profit aimed at connecting volunteers with low exposure grass roots volunteer programs abroad in addition to working about 35 hours a week since starting school. I know my cgpa is pretty terrible, but I'm wondering if my MCAT, sgpa, and experiences will make up for it. Is it a total waste of money to throw in some reaches like UCs, maybe even BU? I'm hoping for a school with a great MD/MPH program

Members don't see this ad.

Wow that is an incredible turnaround. Great experiences! I think it would not be a complete "donation" to throw in some reach schools like the ones you mentioned but apply very broadly!