WAMC 3.64 cGPA 3.3 sGPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefulMDstudent

Reaction score
I am going into my final semester in undergrad and currently have a cGPA of 3.64 and a sGPA of 3.35:

My semester by semester sGPA is as follows:
Fall 3.85
Spring 3.58
Fall 3.65
Spring 3.075
Fall 2.85
Spring 2023 3.167
Fall 2023 3.2
MCAT: 504 but retaking targeting for 510-515

My current extracurriculars by time of application will be:
-1000 hours as an Medical Assistant
-700 hours in Clinical Research as Research Associate
-230 hours as a Clinical Volunteer
-Served as an ambassador-trained other volunteers
-Around 100 hours as a Tutor for Hello Neighbor
-70 hours Shadowing
-300 hours of Leadership

Asian American (Indian), ORM

I am a resident of NJ
The options I am considering are a Post-Bacc/SMP program or foregoing that and entering this upcoming application cycle in 2024, any advice or thoughts on my chances at getting into state or tier 3-7 MD schools? Also need help identifying a good list of schools that I might have a realistic chance at? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

What's your nonclinical community service helping those in distress? Mission fit? PREview or Casper scores?
Non-clinical community hours:
I will have 100 hours from the tutoring for Hello Neighbor which is an organization that works with refugee families to ease their transition into living in the U.S.

I am yet to take CASPER.

For Mission Fit, I would like to reduce disparities in access to care by serving those in underserved communities ie. those impacted by socioeconomic disparities in care or that lack access because of location.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your declining GPA trend is concerning. Is there any reason for this ?
There is not any discernible major cause of this trend. I entered college during the peak of the pandemic, I think the downward trend occurred due to transitioning between online and in-person learning, as well as increasing my extracurriculars and learning to balance these extracurriculars with prioritizing my grades. However, I don't know if that will hold up well as justification in an interview.

Non-clinical community hours:
I will have 100 hours from the tutoring for Hello Neighbor which is an organization that works with refugee families to ease their transition into living in the U.S.

I am yet to take CASPER.

For Mission Fit, I would like to reduce disparities in access to care by serving those in underserved communities ie. those impacted by socioeconomic disparities in care or that lack access because of location.
You need at least 150 hours before submission. You also need more non-clinical service to different underserved communities if you are to live up to your stated mission fit. I also would like to know what specific location you refer to.

With your current stats you could receive interviews at DO schools and I suggest these:
Cooper Rowan
PCOM
LECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
MU-COM
WVSOM
CUSOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
For MD schools you could try your 3 NJ state public schools. If your new MCAT is 510 plus you could add more MD schools. Post your new score here when available.

With your current stats you could receive interviews at DO schools and I suggest these:
Cooper Rowan
PCOM
LECOM
NYITCOM
Touro-NY
MU-COM
WVSOM
CUSOM
ACOM
UIWSOM
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
TUNCOM
AZCOM
For MD schools you could try your 3 NJ state public schools. If your new MCAT is 510 plus you could add more MD schools. Post your new score here when available.
Got it, thanks! Will post my new score when available!

You need at least 150 hours before submission. You also need more non-clinical service to different underserved communities if you are to live up to your stated mission fit. I also would like to know what specific location you refer to.
Definitely will get that up, specifically aimed at addressing socioeconomic barriers to care in large city areas.

Reactions: 1 user