3.5 sGPA, 3.43 cGPA, 21 MCAT - Retake planned

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Juiboi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My stats are those posted as the title: 3.5 sGPA, 3.43 cGPA, 21 MCAT

Pre-SOMA VP, worked as an ER Tech and MEdical Assistant all throughout UG with 5000+ hours

2 DO letters, 1 MD letter

Brother and father DO grads.

So... chances? My retake is set for Sept 11th.

I have 15+ secondaries with 6 already complete.

Members don't see this ad.

Retake first. Then this thread will matter.

Having DOs in the family will definitely help you, but having a 21 MCAT is going to kill you no matter where you apply. I'd say with a 26 or so you'd have a decent chance at some DO schools. 30 seems to be the magic number to competitive for MD.

Members don't see this ad :)
Having DOs in the family will definitely help you, but having a 21 MCAT is going to kill you no matter where you apply. I'd say with a 26 or so you'd have a decent chance at some DO schools. 30 seems to be the magic number to competitive for MD.

not exactly competitive, unless youre talking exclusively low tier schools
even some of the lower tiered schools can have averages around 32, but have their 10th percentile at around 27 or so which is what gives people hope

Hey everyone,

Pre-SOMA VP, worked as an ER Tech and MEdical Assistant all throughout UG with 5000+ hours

Since you already submitted, I think you should finish these secondaries... But you should not get your hope high as your mcat score is so low...

Hey everyone,

You might get in somewhere provided you applied to all the schools with 26 or less average mcat. And LUCOM.